[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I broken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1450142856990.jpg (622KB, 612x918px) Image search: [Google]
1450142856990.jpg
622KB, 612x918px
I don't really understand loneliness when it comes to relationships. I tend to see girls as friends or objects of lust/a status symbol.

I've been in relationships before, but after my last one, I really stopped and wondered why. I can't figure out what a relationship actually gets me besides sex, which I figure I can get without having to worry about someone's feelings or being home at a certain time or losing my freedom.

But it does make me sad that this pretty much means I'll never get married or have a kid if I keep thinking this way, but I really can't convince myself that settling for someone is worth it.

What can I do to be more interested in relationships?
>>
>>18070122

>but it does make me sad that this pretty much means I'll never get married

why does this make you sad? its literally what you don't like,
>worrying about someones feelings
>being home at a certain time
>losing freedom

i think the issue here is you realized that you shouldn't obsess with relationships, but you're interpreting that as NEVER wanting to be in one.

someone will come along and impress you and you'll impress her and want to date. but you now realize that life isn't about jumping from one monogamous relationship to the other pretending that THIS one is the special one.
>>
>>18070134

Well, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that I'm the last chance to carry on my family's name/genes... I have an adopted cousin, a lesbian cousin, and a male cousin who is a complete useless wreck that has still never kissed a girl at 30.

I feel bad for like, my dad, who I have a really close relationship with, who had a close relationship with his dad, who won't ever have a grandson. I feel bad for my mom, who is sick and probably passing soon, whose sister is already a great grandmother while she'll never get to be a grandma.

It's stuff like that, which is tough to reconcile with.

The problem is I'm 30 years old. No one's impressing me anymore, and I feel like I have to go out and hunt for it if I want it. But I haven't had the motivation, since I'm not that interested in relationships.
>>
>>18070166
>blah blah blah other people want me to do shit

who cares, it's your life, you're just going to end up hurting some girl who really wants someone that's committed to a relationship.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.