[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you find humourous /adv/? I ask b/c I always feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

What do you find humourous /adv/?

I ask b/c I always feel like a fucking stick-in-the-mud everytime my friends make jokes. It's either "LOL SO RANDUMB AND OFFENSIVE LOL" attention-whore style humor or "post-ironic" vapidness. I consider myself to be a pretty relaxed guy but I don't see how anyone could find anyone of these styles of humor funny, repeated over-and-over again even less. It's unnatural, often not clever, and is often painfully by-the-numbers in its attempts to be unpredictable. It's seriously becoming an issue in the sense that some conversations with my friends are just me internally cringing at their shit-tier humour and I have to make up some random excuse to leave.

Admittedly I may not be the target audience for that type of humour considering my preferred style is drier and more satirical (Although more physical types of humor can be great, depending on their timing and execution). That's why I want to say, for people that like the FilthyFrank, H3h3, Neil Cecierega, etc type of humour, why do you find that funny? Because I struggle to find any merit with them or anyone like them. Am I just autistic or is the humor autistic?
>>
>>18068805
Find older and/or more mature friends. If not, start smoking weed.
>>
>>18068805
Find older and/or more mature friends. If not, start smoking weed...
>>
You probably just have friends that have a shitty sense of humor. I know this one guy my age that kept on making me watch these youtube videos of TF2 characters lip-syncing to popular music.

I guess you shouldn't be friends with people who are into things that annoy you. Try to find people that like the same stuff you like or are more open to it.
>>
Oh man, you blindsided me. I was nodding along until examples. Neil I wholly adore, and Frank is an occasional binge for me. I like dry humour as well, Jam, Brass Eye, Look Around You.
What they are doing is regurgitating humour for the lack of better idea. A bit of referencing is expected to seep into conversation. Too much however is a sign of clueless egocentric altruism, where you honestly want to entertain people, but can't get out of your own head. Kind of like dudes sending unsolicited dick pics to excite women. Since everyone tolerates it, it's a kind of implicit conspiracy for dumb shits to feel 'in'. I'm talking as a (former, hopefully) dumb shit.
I don't know whether your friends are wholly committed to the bit, but if they are just filling the void, it shouldn't be too hard to sidetrack with a personal question. Otherwise, just raise the question, say how grating it is for you.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.