[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1454104587717.gif (378KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
1454104587717.gif
378KB, 480x240px
tl;dr I am boring what do I do with myself.
So I'm 21 and I basically don't like anything that people my age consider "fun". I hate parties, I don't drink alcohol (legal age in my country is 18), etc. I also don't like lots of other fun things that people across ages like, such as movies or amusement parks.
All of the enjoyment I get from life involves some form of mental challenge, which includes games but I also read a lot and talk about/listen to politics.
As a result, I come off as very boring and don't have many friends. I have fairly nuanced opinions on current events in general and I'm not bad at conversation. I just don't like doing anything.
Today, as a favour to a friend, I showed her around the university she's going to (also my uni) during an O Week celebration. The gathering of people made me feel even more lonely, and every "fun" thing she wanted to do just made me embarrassed.
Now I'm back at home and posting this. I just feel like I'm going to go through life incredibly unhappy all the time because I don't seem to derive joy from the same things as other people. Even if I do meet someone (unlikely given what I've described about my personality), what am I going to take her to? I don't like things outside my house. I've considered something that is both fun and educational, such as visiting the Aquarium (I like fish and the ocean and I would enjoy reading the tank plaques) but things with that kind of overlap are few and far between.
Is this treatable? Or do I just give up and become a hikki?
>>
You just gotta do what you enjoy man, other people are doing the same
>>
>>18068656
Yeah but there isn't that much I want to do, mostly just things I want to think about. Actually doing things is tiresome to me, that's part of the problem.
>>
>>18068643
you're autistic, not a sociopath.
>>
File: 1447453262273.png (573KB, 653x711px) Image search: [Google]
1447453262273.png
573KB, 653x711px
>>18068664
I am aware of this, the closest image in my folder was either that one or this one.
>>
There's nothing wrong with enjoying things that most people find boring. The point of doing things with others is to build a deeper connection with them over time. Sometimes it's not even about the activities themselves but the people you're with.
>>
File: 1486957585314.jpg (611KB, 1772x1776px) Image search: [Google]
1486957585314.jpg
611KB, 1772x1776px
>>18068643
go ahead pretend to be a normie .
maybe youll like it after awhile
>>
>>18068755
Hmm, maybe you have a point. I just get the feeling that most people would be bored with me, even from a friendship perspective, not a relationship one. I get the impression that most people find politics and science too hardcore to talk about all the time.

>>18068766
That's how I graduated from stop being absolutely completely autistic to just a kinda weird dude. Even pretending to do fun things feels uncomfortable, it's the activity itself. Doesn't help that I find it boring.
>>
idk OP I feel you though
I kinda feel like the only reason I want to hang out with people would be to make art projects or work on a business together or other tasks. Hanging out with people and talking about whatever is boring. I'm 24 now and haven't really made friends for awhile outside of roommates. I always feel like I need to be going out and doing stuff but then it's never fun when I go to bars or whatever. I think as you get older you find hobbies you like and just form your social groups around those things.
>>
>>18068844
Oh, you misunderstand; I quite like being around other people, and talking to them. It's actually doing things that I don't like. Going out anywhere seems to make the experience about the place and not the people, which I don't like since the place is never interesting.
>>
>>18068849
that's a good way of putting it
maybe you just haven't found enough people that like discussing the same things you do, or maybe there are things to do that you haven't found or don't have access to where you currently are
you don't really sound boring to me but I like talking about the nature of truth and math and shit so take my opinion with a grain of salt
>>
>>18068865
I think I'm interesting to talk to, but not to be around. I just don't like doing things, talking is fine.
I guess I haven't really tried that hard to make friends, but I'm also not really sure how I go about it. I really do just sound like an idiot saying this. I feel like a super intelligent 8 year old or something, asking randoms on the internet how to make friends. The only ones I've got are from high school, I never really connected with anyone in my 3 years at uni.
>>
I'm in the same situation. I love to talk about politics and history, which are things most don't think about. I also come off as fairly boring. Just do whatever makes you happy because life is for yourself, not the satisfaction of others.
>>
>>18068915
I feel that my life is very unfulfilling because I very rarely talk to other people because I am boring. I am generally happy with my mind although I should probably make more of an effort to pursue the things I want to be able to do eg painting.
>>
Does anyone fucking hate it when someone calls them boring for not liking what they like? Makes me think a lot less of the person.
>>
>>18068922
I try really hard not to do this. I honestly have a genuine interest in the things that other people are good at, especially if it's like medicine, music or history.
>>
>>18068898
Well being lonely sucks sometimes but you just gotta deal. You're smart enough to know that meaningful friendships are extremely fleeting, so don't let your emotions get you down. Making friends for the sake of making friends is phoney, it's better to approach it as a mission or goal to find people that share your interests and converse with them.

This conception of other people having "normal fun" is a destructive fallacy that is the product of lemming mentality. Avoid making comparisons and you'll be much more satisfied with yourself. As for finding folk you click with, just be friendly and humble, and sooner for later it'll happen.
>>
>>18068806
Being worried that people find you boring is something else altogether. It's an insecurity and it sucks doesn't it? I don't know your friends so I can't tell you if they enjoy being with you or not. I can tell you from my experience of feeling similarly that my friends have been surprised when I asked them if they actually enjoyed hanging out with me or if I was just annoying talking about the things I enjoy all the time. They said they did. It gave them new perspectives they said. You need to accept yourself Anon. You're not boring and you are worthwhile; you have something to contribute as well just like anyone else.
>>
Play modern board games. They're even more mentally taxing than video games, *and* they require you to be in person with lots of people you can make friends with. That'll give you more irl friends who also think challenging games are fun.
>>
I hate fun too, but I think I'm a legit autist who's unable to have strong emotions.
>>
>>18068643
maybe you're one of the smart ones.

that's good op.
>>
>>18069690
But don't become an elitist and start thinking that if you don't like something it must be because you're too smart for that.
>>
>>18069588
I think my friends enjoy my company. The fact that I don't like fun things is something of a running gag.
>>18069605
This is potentially something I could get involved in. There are a couple of board games that I have heard of that I'm interested in playing.
>>
>>18068643 I think that the more you go out and associate with various individuals, you'll start to develop an interest because those who don't find most common activities fun fail to see why others do in the first place.
>>
>>18071237
Yeah, I'm fairly antisocial and don't really get why other people think the things they think are fun are either. But how do I "go out and associate with various individuals" if I can't bring myself to go out to something because I know I won't enjoy it?
>>
I legit have a friend that sounds pretty close to you. He's pretty alone but me and my friends associate well with him because we accept him for him. You just gotta find people that are like you and surround yourself with them. [email protected]
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.