[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a shut-in loser?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: cake.jpg (307KB, 944x1000px)
cake.jpg
307KB, 944x1000px
I'm on my last semester of college and haven't made a single friend. In fact, I haven't had friends since I was a kid. I typically spend my weekends drinking alone in my room because I don't know what else to do.

I had been seeing a fwb I met through craigslist semi-regularly, but we've recently drifted apart. No girl + nofap is making me perpetually thirsty, but I'm clueless about how I'm supposed to find a girl. I feel retarded every time I try to talk to a girl. I don't know how to have a fun convo that doesn't feel like a job interview.

I went to free dance classes on campus the other day and I swear the universe tried to hand me pussy on a silver platter. In the elevator to the dance room, there was a blonde freshman and her roommate talking about she needed a programmer to help her with a VR project. It couldn't have been more serendipitous because I'm a comp sci major and I have a Vive set up in our apartment living room (part of the reason I bought it in the first place was that I had convinced myself it was an investment for my social life and it would be a good excuse to invite people over).

I chimed in and told her I'd be interested in collaborating with her found out she was also going to the dance class. But then I blew it. The convo was boring and stilted and I was embarrassed because I was decently drunk and trying to keep her from smelling the alcohol on my breath (it wasn't a drinking event, I just drank beforehand for my nerves and overdid it.)

I never did dance with her and when she left she asked for my number but I got the impression that it was just to be polite.

How do I get laid or invited to a party when I have no friends?
>>
Make friends first then think about getting laid? Or if you just wanna get laid watch a romance movie and copy the guy's personality, then find a single 30ish woman who dream of love.
>>
>>18068107
Bumping for interest. I might be slightly better off than you, but it is mostly the same.
>>
>>18068107
>I was decently drunk and trying to keep her from smelling the alcohol on my breath
Well obviously alcohol fucked you up in this situation.
but
>when I have no friends?
Why were you drunk if it wasn't for social reasons, I mean like drinking on your own is fine from time to time but obviously its impacting your social skills here matey.
>>
>>18068446
The idea was that I'd be less stilted but like I said I overdid it and ended up being self conscious about being drunk at a place where everyone else was sober. Not slurring my words, but more than a little buzzed
>>
You know, I read this story and I don't think you actually did too badly for yourself. Yes, you were nervous and a little frazzled but you approached a girl and got her number. I think the problem is that your self-esteem is at a low point so you come away from that interaction assuming she was just humoring you. Couldn't it be that, despite your anxiety, you project positive attributes and fall under the radar as a relatively normal, chill guy?

I think the sooner you reorient your thinking to imagine that maybe your social anxiety results from your self-conception rather than any innate shortcomings, women (and all people for that matter) will see you more for the good person you are and will additionally find your confidence magnetizing.

P.S. femanon here. You sound like a good guy!
>>
>>18068107
As far as you're concerned your reaction to this nee environment is like moving to another country. Don't expect to integrate and expect your to be naturalized to your new world in only a few days, but live with the thought that you're on the right track.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.