[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renting out a room on Craigslist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1428808788266.jpg (46KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1428808788266.jpg
46KB, 600x800px
Does anyone have any experience renting out rooms on Craigslist, or has rented a room in that way?

I have enough money that I could keep my spare room empty, but it's nice to have the extra couple hundred bucks a month for other shit.

But I'm 30, and everyone I know that's reliable pretty much has their own place already, and isn't looking to rent a room. I'm considering Craigslist as an option to fill the space, with someone reliable between the ages of like 22-35 to move in.

Has this worked for anyone here? Any negative stories? Any positive stories?
>>
a friend of mine is trying to rent a room in his house. its been 6 months without any luck. people keep making appointments to check out the room but never end up showing up. maybe its just where he lives and you'll have better luck in a larger city, but i imagine if a 22-35 adult is looking through boarding homes its either short term or hes unstable.
>>
>>18067971

Short term is fine, even. My hope is to find someone that's like a grad student who is in town for a while, or someone who just moved for a new job or something.

I live in a nice area of a decently large city, and I'm charging a lot less than apartments in this area would. But yeah, I want to be very specific about the kinds of people I bring in,
>>
>>18067995
good luck then, my best guess is look into advertising to the right demographics, in your case students. craigslist might not be enough.
>>
BE DISCERNING

$500 room utilities included
south jersey, so so location
told me I couldn't officially change me address (what the fuck?) so they could keep getting benefits from the government
stole my security deposit on the way out

$400 utilities included
convenient location in north jersey
was okay except there was an antisocial gay black man who harassed me out of the place and threatened to kill me so I filed a police report

$600 utilities included
college town, central jersey (or more like just outside of it)
man lives there with his family
helped me choose my career/find a job

still living at no 3. we'll see. my advice to be patient. it can take 3-4 months of constant looking to find a place that is actually good to live. then you'll be feeling very frugal (or just not homeless), and actually be living okay. studio apartments in this area are like $1300, and my rent for a room in this quiet house with a big lawn is $600
>>
Construction workers are not always a positive choice, but if you knew of shutdowns going on in the area, you could rent it like a motel room. So if you hear about short term "annual outage" or the like, show up to the guard shack at 6:am/pm and let people know what you have. Alot of guys check in after the first day/night of work anyhow and with 12hr shifts, they are usually too tired to be any trouble unless you find the ones with the gift of gab that do little work but politic much. If you are lucky, you will meet some of the most responsible people to have ever been railroaded by women through the court system.
>>
>>18068145

Well, I'm looking for someone to move into my house, not looking for a spot to live myself.

I'm offering $420 a month, utilities included ($10 more if you want a cable box in your room), in one of the safest and nicest areas of the city, moments away from a nice resort area with shopping and food.

It's a shared bathroom, but 1500 sq. ft with a decent backyard, and a bunch of video games to share and such. My roommate and I are both chill, normal, not dramatic guys.

It should be a pretty appealing space, I just want to avoid the crazies.
>>
>>18067945

sorry nothing to add pertinent to OP's questions. just wanna say that doggo is so cute. i would pay extra to be roomies with that dogger.
>>
If I was in your shoes the only people I'd consider rooming with would be grad students, or maybe someone who is going to be in town for a work project for a few months. Other than that, people still rooming at 30 are gonna be nothing but drama most likely
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.