[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1471273307762.jpg (49KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1471273307762.jpg
49KB, 402x604px
I have thought about this for a while but considering my position, I have decided I want to try Tinder.

My problem is, like much of 4chan, my profile.

>27
>Asian
>5'4
>skinny
>entry level admin job

I like anime, games and literature. Not much going for me in hindsight.

So how should I set up my profile with what I have? Is it even worth it?

I know the usual 3 image rule, one social, one good solo, one with me abroad and my profile.

Any advice would be nice. From my description, how best I fill out my profile? Should I even try?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>18067936
What country are you in? The US usually has a lot of sluts on tinder (what the app really is for) and they'll bone anything.

I'm a 8/10 in clubs and bars but like 5/10 on tinder cause I don't show muscles, charity work in Africa or me holding cash
>>
>>18067952
Uk/western eu. I am not looking for a quick lay, I genuinely want a relationship. You can also probably guess how much action ive got (none) but I am in no hurry to lose it. Never was.

But because I dont drink and stuff its near impossible to meet people outside my small circle so was food for thought.

I more wanted a critic on my profile in the green text and anons to tell me how to work with it.
>>
Do you speak a different language? Sometimes chicks are into exotic dudes who are thoroughly American (or whatever western country you come from) but still have on foot in a foreign culture. You could mention something like "I'm passionate about cooking high-quality Chinese cuisine." Maybe word it a bit differently but you get the idea.

Are you planning on sticking with your crappy job forever? Or do you have long term goals? A lot of girls seem to like ambitious guys with long term goals.
>>
>>18067969
Only English sadly, was adopted by a uk family. Love them to pieces though and vice versa, family is very close. No problems of abuse, drink etc.

I do love my roots though and have visited Asia over two dozen times.

I dont plan to stay no but considering my position, I forecast at LEAST another year from now. But I am a saver and hope to progress in my career than stagnate.

The crux is my height, build and race. I am not screaming racism, thats stupid. But I would also be naive to think my height from many girls and race doesnt put me at a bit of a disadvantage. Small guys and asians arent really in demand on the market.

To be honest id love to be with an Asian girl but considering my financial and physical status, on top of just English, I may be reaching.

I am a begger trying to not entirely be a full one and looking to work with what little I have.

So any help?
>>
>>18067986
desu dude you're gonna have a hard time with white girls. The Asian thing is bad enough, but being 5'4" means that you're probably shorter than most of them.

Just try to get with Asian girls. There's some research to suggest that Asian girls tend to go for Asian men on dating websites more than other men.
>>
>>18068007
I am fine with that anon. Hell despite being adopted by and raised in the uk, I always loved and preferred asians. But me only speaking English I feel may hurt me with other asians.

But I still need help how best set up my profile and how to avoid potential catfishes and such.

Little but nice dialogue is occurring here but none directly providing advice how to set up a tinder profile without screwing myself further.
>>
>>18068021
I'm not sure I understand what you want us to say exactly. Just be up front about what you want from the relationship (a steady ltr). Maybe highlight some of the interesting things you like (perhaps traveling, again you could mention being interested in Asian culture). Probably you should say something like "I'm currently working a good job to save money so I can live out my passion" or something like that.

I've been on tinder before, and I'm not so sure that you can set up your profile in a way so as to avoid undesirable women. You just have to go on dates and get a feel for them.

Good luck OP. From this thread you seem like a nice guy and I wish the best for you.
>>
>>18068037
Well thanks anon. Well I guess I may not have been clear.

I know Tinder has a small blurb you make for a profile.

Outside of a basic description one fear, top of my head, is my height.

If I dont mention it I fear the girl will (in the very high chance she is taller than me) will be put off/laugh and leave. Or be just disappointed, drag herself along as I try and fail to develop a chemistry which cant be done when she is thinking "jesus I came out for this midget" etc.

If I do, do I say "Height 5'4"? Seems too blunt.
>>
>>18068055
>jesus I came out for this midget

No grown woman will think that. Try not to be so insecure/overthink things.

I wouldn't mention height in your profile. Probably she will be able to tell from your pictures that you're not the tallest guy in the world.
>>
>>18068055
there have to be asian women who are shorter than you
those are the ones you should go for, at least to play it safe at the start
(assuming they aren't delusional and will only settle for guys that are at least 1ft taller than themselves)
>>
>>18068123
I actually would be pretty happy with a taller Asian woman. Not too hard considering I hit smack bang their average height. But cheers, I will see what I can scrounge up.
>>
Bump.

Would any anons have extra advice for setting up a tinder account?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.