[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be more patient with planning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1438043941747.jpg (402KB, 1192x896px) Image search: [Google]
1438043941747.jpg
402KB, 1192x896px
I get very frustrated with people who break scheduled plans, or refuse to make plans within a reasonable time frame.

For example, I'm supposed to work on a passion project with a couple of friends tomorrow night, which we've had planned for a week and a half. Now one guy is saying he can only do it tonight at 8 PM, because he "might get laid tomorrow." Now we have to delay for weeks, or I have to cancel my plans with my dad, who I don't get to see much, and now I've turned down other friends for plans tomorrow night, so I'll just be sitting at home alone. Super pissed at him.

Another example is that we've all been trying to plan a vacation for like 6 months - I'm talking 20+ people. Well, the trip is in less than a month, and surprise surprise, no one bothered to check the prices or make plans besides me and a few other people, so now everyone is backing out because it's too expensive, and the trip won't be as fun without them.

How do I deal with people who won't plan ahead? It's not like I want to meticulously plan every step, just get the general and important frameworks in place.
>>
the only way is to make friends with planner-type people or do everything yourself and not worry about others
>>
>>18067852
That's super frustrating and I can empathise with you Anon. I suggest that you take a step back from the situations and realize there's sometimes going to be things (people) that you can't control. The thing to realize is that trying to control the things you can't control is going wear you out and further piss you off, getting you where you are now. Focus on what you can control and plan for and learn to let some things roll off your back.

With that being said, sharing what you need from others can probably also be communicated in a more effective way than just saying you need people "to plan ahead like you." Framing your problem to them in this fashion causes people to become defensive. Try to communicate in a fashion that allows those people to feel like part of the solution. Does that make sense? How we communicate is a big part of people's negative or positive response to us.
>>
>>18067852

>Now one guy is saying he can only do it tonight at 8 PM, because he "might get laid tomorrow."

drop him, he doesn't give a shit. don't rely on other people, do your own thing and if they want to come along they will.

>Well, the trip is in less than a month, and surprise surprise, no one bothered to check the prices or make plans

make the plans yourself. tell other people about the price. or just fuck them, again.

>How do I deal with people who won't plan ahead? It's not like I want to meticulously plan every step, just get the general and important frameworks in place.

just accept that it's how people are. Some people just like talking about how they're going to do things but when it comes down to it, they don't want to put in effort. Recognize those people and move on.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.