[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love my family but they make me miserable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: NHK.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NHK.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
I seriously need help. My life has never really been in my control, my family is large and chaotic and I happened to be born the last of seven on my mothers side, and was my fathers first and the older the two he's had. I love my family, it was the way that I was raised, that family is the most important thing and should always come first and all that and so I really, truly love them. Thing is, being the youngest, I've been so completely helpless.
I've watched, and I was a smart kid, I knew what was going on, for my entire life one thing after the next go wrong for everyone in my family, particularly my father, and could never do anything to help them. Even now I am 20 years old, living with him, and I can see his loneliness and misery at not being able to see my younger brother more because of his cunt of a mother, and my younger brother himself is miserable as well. I have lived my entire life surrounded in this sadness and I'm drowning now. I can't take it anymore I am unable to help any of them and its made me horribly depressed and miserable. I feel that I cant leave though, how could I abandon them? I don't even have a car to get away from all this if I wanted to and I spend each day listening to people like Jordan Peterson, trying to better myself, but its all I can do to get out f bed in the morning now. I know I need to get out, but ho could I leave them? Please anyone, what can I possibly do?
>>
I feel you. Move out. You can call them whenever you want, but it sounds like you might need space away from them (so you aren't close enough to save their asses but aren't so out of touch that you have to abandon them.) It's not your responsibility to make yourself miserable for your family. You can still love them and protect yourself. I'm speaking from experience.
>>
>>18067767
The success of a parent is an independent and at least partially self-realized child. If you love your senpai, stay in touch, but you need to do whatever you must to become independent. Best case scenario, you being a capable individual that stays in touch will put your father's mind at some ease, worst case scenario is you have to carry the torch solo, looking from afar.

Put your oxygen mask on yourself before trying to help others. You won't be lighting any beacons of hope if you choose inaction. You, and your family are stronger than you know, trust in their strength and your cause.
>>
>>18067767
> Put your oxygen mask on yourself before trying to help others. You won't be lighting any beacons of hope if you choose inaction. You, and your family are stronger than you know, trust in their strength and your cause.

That anon speaks truth. It's not selfish to take care of yourself OP. We can't help others if we're not taking care of ourselves as well.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.