[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scientology a scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Scientology.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Scientology.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
I'm 21 and jobless and I've been speaking to a buddy of mine about this... He has said he may be able to help me out.
Now if he's offering me a job there's a chance it's something to do with Scientology. My parents advise against any involvement with the organisation and give unbelievable reasoning as to the "dangers". My parents are lunatics and our couch has my ass moulded in it and at this point anything is better than mooch. Is Scientology a death trap? What do?
>>
>>18067706
Watch the leah remini scientology documentary and be an SP.
>>
>>18067706
Brainwash cult designed to drain it's members pockets
You should probably avoid
>>
>>18067732
Surely there's more to it than that?
How would they gain such success in that case?
>>
>>18067749
Having celebrities vouch for the authenticity of your false religion is a good way to have success with the weaker minded individuals (Tom Cruise)

The "church" is also very good at telling you exactly what you want to hear to get you to join.
>>
Scientology is a mafia organization masked as a religion.

They went to my local university until they were kicked out, asking foreign students to sign "petitions" which were actually binding contracts. Those students then had their bank accounts drained to completely empty, then collection agencies started hounding after them for additional payment.

Once they were told they could no longer do this, Scientology left a tall building completely abandoned in town with their logo on it.
>>
>>18067706

The guy who invented Scientology said something along the lines: if you want to make money start a business, if you want to make big bucks start a cult. I guess he chased his dream.

>What do?

Just get a job. Any job. And move out of your parents house when you have enough money. Two crucial steps to taking control of your life.
>>
I know a guy who did web design work for them. He had to work in an office with a camera trained on him the whole time, but he was paid well and on time.
>>
>>18067706
Scientology began in the 1960s as just another California self-help thing, like meditation and EST. The gimmick was that they'd give you a free session that convinced you you needed to pay for a full course to become "clear." But then you needed a second course to become super-clear, and so on. When the IRS wanted to see their books, they declared themselves a religion and therefore free from some taxes.

Today, like any cult or scam (many of whom follow their model), they continue to lure you in with free sessions that convince you you need to pay more and more, and that you dare not leave them without bad psychological things happening to you.
>>
>>18067749
Define "success".

>>18067706
The core premise in Scientology, like many other things people refer to as cults, is to remove or isolate people from their social foundations so that it can fill the void with its own ideology. That ideology is based on providing a sense of purpose at the cost of hours of your time for the sole purpose of feeding your time and money into a pyramid scheme in which the top gets free benefits at the direct expense of lower-tier initiates.

You could choose almost any cause that is not Scientology and have a significantly better chance at not being abused. Why not try the Peace Corps, volunteering in your locality, WWOOFing, trade school, try for any and every job you hear about then keep looking.

What is it that you want?
>>
>>18067706
Get a job as a hole digger. 90k a year.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.