[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend keeps complaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I have this friend who only talks about her problems to me. She calls me everyday and talks about how depressed she is because she feels like she doesn't have any purpose and she doesn't know what to do. Which is understandable, really, but we've talked about this subject a lot. I've probably put more hours into talking about her problems than anything else we've talked about.

I sincerely care about this girl in a platonic way and want her to feel better, and want to help her in any way I can, but I feel like at this point she's just taking advantage of me to whine.

Am I being a dick for not wanting to hear it anymore? What should I do?
>>
>>18067346
You're not a dick for not wanting to listen to this constant stream of negativity. It gets old, fast.

She's a dick for taking advantage of your friendship to treat you like a dumping ground.

Occasional venting to a sympathetic ear as a catharsis that then lets you get on with life is fine. What she seems to be doing is just wallowing in misery, and talking about it just keeps her miserable. She's not doing anything to make her life better, or to find meaning.

She needs to find something to do that will occupy her time with something other than "woe is me, my life sucks, I'm so depressed". When my thinking goes along some fucked up track and I want it to stop, I go out running, and I run until I'm so fucking exhausted that all I can think about is forcing my body to keep moving.

She wants some meaning? Go volunteer to help people.

When my friends get like this, I usually just make them go out and do stuff.

If it's a constant thing, I tell them they need to go find a shrink to whine to, preferably someone who is going to help them either figure out some coping strategies to stop focusing on the negative or at least stop whining, or to actually come with with a real plan to try to deal with what's bothering them.
>>
>>18067454
Why can't I have friends like you?
>>
In the same boat. These types of people flock to me. They find me no matter where I go. I need to stop being such a good listener or stop feeling sorry for people so much. I swear I am always putting out other people's fires. Than when I have my own problems, I don't even get to talk about them bc I am always interrupted so they can talk about their problems. Sigh.
>>
>>18067346
>I have this friend who only talks about her problems to me
Stopped reading there. She's not really your friend
>>
File: 1263859687412.gif (852KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1263859687412.gif
852KB, 240x176px
>>18067454
Solid
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.