[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would cause someone to isolate themselves this much? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1479921174823.jpg (345KB, 1616x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1479921174823.jpg
345KB, 1616x1023px
What would cause someone to isolate themselves this much?

My brother (29) has slowly isolated himself so much he doesn't even come to my kids birthday parties or visit our parents on Christmas.

He will occasionally go visit our parents for an hour or two a month, But besides that.....He stopped talking to all of his friends within the last 4 years, Broke up with his girlfriend and made her move out, Doesn't go to family events anymore, or even talk to our brother very often anymore (whom he used to be very very close with).

He pretty much just goes to work and comes home. Once a week he'll go grocery shopping but besides that he literally never leaves his property.

He just works on his cars and isolates himself. He drinks but I don't know if It's excessive because I never see him anymore.

He doesn't seem depressed when I call him. The only explanation I can get is "I just want to be alone" or "I just don't feel like being around people"
>>
he's been reading /pol/
>>
How the fuck should I know, he's your brother.
>>
Untreated social anxiety, maybe?
Autism?
Depression he doesn't admit to?

Regardless, you should stay in contact.
>>
many things, i dont want to say mental illness because i plan to do the same thing, move away, and cut contact with many, if not all people

someone people just want to be alone, if you want you could visit him, see the condition of his place, draw conclusions from that

but sometimes people just want to be alone, so let him rock on his ones
>>
I'm pretty isolationist as well. I don't think I'm very good at conversing with most people. I frequently feel isolated when I'm in public as well- I just find it very hard to connect with people. Maybe your brother's just a weirdo like me.
>>
Seems to me that you aren't really communicating well with him. Constant calling and ask 'why this, why that' wouln't solve much. Try and reconnect witb him step by step.

This comes frome someone that is is a similar situation. Broke with my girl of three years(cheating with a friend and some strangers). So a lot of our commob friends vanished because i don't care being around two face people.

Also broke off some connections with old friends just because i got fed up with their toxic behaviour, and yes, the break up did affect my abillity to maintan calm in stressful situations. Hell, barely handling work stress now, before was easy as pie, now not so much.

And spending time with families really seems like a choir. Don't get me wrong, they are the only people in the world i trully love and would die for (and secretly saving funds each month for everyone).

Tldr: try to connect with him in a different manner, don't just call and nag. He may going through some dark times, traumatic experiences maybe. Stuff that shaker your believes and inner core.
>>
>>18067141
Shitth typos, typing from phone. Hope you understood some of my shitty writing
>>
>>18067121
I will.

>>18067124
Good idea, I'm going to see when I can go see him next. My kids miss him anyway

>>18067134
He is kind of eccentric in a way, He stumbles over his words a little when he speaks to someone he doesn't know or doesn't speak to often. But he's been like that since high school and he still managed to get girlfriends and have women interested in him, Idk...

>>18067141
I understand. Maybe I have been nagging too much....Just worried/frustrated I guess.

It kinda upset me he didn't come to my daughters birthdays last year
>>
>>18067114
Because family is a drag desu. I did the same with all of my extended family and grandparents. When you look back you realize just how insipid your relationships were all those years and quite frankly I'm not going to keep up the charade of being close to people I don't care for.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.