[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many people so awful at ending conversations, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (45KB, 797x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 797x500px
Why are so many people so awful at ending conversations, and how can I shut these people down without being brash/rude?

Like damn sometimes I'll say "well, I better get going, I have to go to _______" and that'll be the cue for the other person to start in on an entirely new subject and then I have to stand there for another ten fucking minutes while they ramble on

Even if I interject and say "Hey I'm sorry but I really have to go, I can't be late" they'll just keep talking. I've had people follow me out to my car after talking inside after I've made my goodbyes and keep talking while I get in and buckle up; I've had people keep talking after I've said I need to go repeatedly; I've had people call me at dinnertime and when I've mentioned my dinner's ready theyll say "oh ok" and then just keep fucking rambling on

It infuriates me to no end. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp, and "I lost track of the time" is a poor excuse when there are clocks literally everywhere these days.

How do I tell these people to shut the fuck up, without using those words?
>>
Don't wait for their approval to leave after telling them you have to go.

I get what you're saying though. I don't know how people can be so dense.
>>
Tell them you have to go it was nice talking to you and turn the fuck around and leave.

Its not hard if they want to follow you to your car thats fine just roll your window up and drive away.

Stop being autistic.
>>
>>18067036

I don't just want to walk off while they're talking though. I don't want to be a total jerk, as tempting as it is sometimes
>>
>>18067040
Standing there is telling them that you're willing to listen longer. If you give somebody fair warning, they really can't hold it against you for taking off. If they do, you probably shouldn't care about their opinions in the first place.
>>
You have to be assertive. This is a problem, it is causing you adversity. If one or more people feels it is 'brash' (and they will) that's due to their own poorly adjusted social boundaries.

They are essentially ignoring the significance of anyone/thing other than their own social gratification. Its not malicious I'm sure, but it is literally inconsiderate.

Tough love my good fag.
>>
Better question. Why are you such an insufferable pretentious faggot? It may be very hard for you to figure this out, and you probably won't ever figure it out. You can at least try to think about it and realize you're an asshat.
>>
>>18067090
op sounds ok to me and his complaint is reasonable imo

i wouldn't be sure how to deal with those kind of people as I'm already an awkward person
>>
>>18067112
They're called lingerers and you deal with them by literally just saying "Hey sorry, but I really got to go" and actually going. Coming to /adv/ and typing all that drivel is what leads me to believe OP is those things I said he is, because really it's as simple as I just said: "Hey sorry, I really got to go" which apparently he's done, but I doubt he actually has because it works every time. Now if he happens to not stick to it and can't leave after saying it then that's his problem, and him coming here acting like a bitch over it furthers to prove he's a faggot.
>>
>>18067119
You ought to ask advice on how to calm your tits. This is autism central, the price of admission is having a faint grasp of english language.
>>
>>18067119

Someone is rather hot bothered today
>>
>>18067119
I think u've hit the important point. If the OP offers the "I gotta bounce" is that a statement, or a request? If statement, then why hesitate, and if request wtf?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.