[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop drinking alcohol? Rehab is not an option. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1485887149763.jpg (66KB, 738x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485887149763.jpg
66KB, 738x960px
How do I stop drinking alcohol?

Rehab is not an option. I have to take care of my sick mom and grandma who recently had a stroke.

Nights where I don't drink, I can't even fall asleep.
>>
Put off drinking until bedtime.

Not perfect, but probably better than what you've got right now.
>>
>>18066938
I heard sucking dick is pretty good for treating alcohol addiction
>>
>>18066938
what do you drink and how much of it? I do the same, I drink 2 shots of vodka every night until I run out, and then I don't buy for two weeks generally. I usually do 1 hour and a half of excercise and those days I don't even need it, I just drink for the love of sport. change your habits anon. maybe on your day off stay up until late?
>>
>>18066938

stop drinking. go to AA.
>>
>>18066938

Alcoholic here. It's hard to stop. It takes a ton of fucking willpower, even to stop for a little bit.

But think about it this way... you have the ability to NOT pick up the bottle. When the impulses say "oh man I really want booze..." just don't do it. That's your one bit of control.

Keep booze out of the house. Don't go to the store and pick up booze.

Depending on your dependency on alcohol and the level you drink nightly, you may need to go to the doctor and ask for medication to help deal with DTs.

AA did not work for me. Tread with caution. People will tell you it's the ONLY solution, but I firmly do not believe that. Lots of people relapse from AA.
>>
Hey Anon see if there's a local addiction group in your area you can join. Alcoholism is an addiction like any other. I was a part of a group that practiced DBT and it was really helpful for me to not over drink and to learn to manage my suicidal tendencies and stuff. AA isn't for everyone. You can manage your life. You can do this.
>>
I used fighting in two wars to stop, being an alcoholic...
>>
File: 1487344703711.jpg (82KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1487344703711.jpg
82KB, 500x370px
>>18066938

If it's a serious addiction you'll need help since alcohol withdrawal is no fucking joke and can kill you.

I binged for years but suddenly realized I was ruining my body. I stopped abusing immediately in July of last year. I found shifting my sleep schedule to early bed/early rise (9 or 10PM and wake at 5-6AM, up late tonight due to reasons) with some physical activity helped not only get me ready for sleep at the evening, it left me less time in the evening to abuse and physical activity lead to staying busy and finding other hobbies.

As I said I stopped abusing and right now I've found moderation to be key but that takes extreme willpower and some people just have to abstain. Three months ago I realized I didn't miss the drunkenness, lethargy etc. but there were a few beers I honestly enjoyed. I've made it now so that I stay dry until the last week of a month and then only treat myself to two beers that week. Last month I completely forgot until my birthday and just had one with a meal.

It will take a lot of work from you but if you need help don't just post here. There are probably good support groups for this and other forums. I went the solo route due to pride but that was very difficult and risky. Despite my state now there are still temptations to go crazy, all of which I shut down immediately. And you know what? Having that much control and responsibility feels better than any drink.
>>
>>18066938

taper off brah
>>
>>18066938
>Nights where I don't drink, I can't even fall asleep.

This goes away after 2-3 days. I don't even try to sleep my first night sober if ive been on a bender. Try sobering up the day before your days off from work because of that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.