[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+ General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_2512.png (9KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2512.png
9KB, 390x390px
*25 and Older*

For the old fucks on this board, give advice and help your fellow oldies who's struggling in today's insane world.
>>
I'm about to turn 26, but I feel like it's too late to start dating for the first time. I've never had a girlfriend before, just at this age, it feels like I'm expected to be experienced. So, it feels like it's too late.
>>
>>18066746
>insert lack of life story here

It's bills and wage-slavery at this point. I'd vent some more but I need to go my wage-slave job now.
>>
>>18066746
27, soon to be 28 here. Still going nowhere fast, but I started seeing a therapist last week. Hopefully it actually helps and I'm not just blowing $100 an hour for nothing. I can't take another year of this non-life I've been living.
>>

Kill me
>>
>>18066787
My friend is 38. He hasn't had a girlfriend in a long, long, long time. Years and years. Last year, he got a girlfriend, and he had a very hard time with it. He seemed unhappy.

Last month, she broke up with him, and he seemed very happy. But one night, she came back to him for a surprise visit. I think they had sex and made up. Now there are engaged and are planning a wedding.

There's always hope.
>>
After a break up, how long before it becomes weird that the last girl I slept with was my ex when we were together?

I'm going on 4+ months.

I've chased some pussy, but I never follow through and usually just ghost once we get to that point.
>>
>>18067207
> I haven't had sex in 4 months ;___; woe is me
>>
25, still dealing with the same debilitating anxiety and social issues that I've had my entire life. Doctors don't seem intent on helping either.
>>
>>18067211
I haven't had a drive for sex in 4 months. It's different.
>>
Turning 25 in a month.
I work 40+ hours of high skill construction a week. Last week I clocked 88 hours. Work is incredibly stressful, but I'm paid fairly.
I'm about to propose to my gf. She's trying to get a job in the area as a grade school teacher. The grind is pretty monotonous, I'm always challenged at work with new problems but I only get one week of vacation a year and I feel like I need 5-6 to keep myself sane.
>>
>>18067211
Shouldn't this thread be for non-virgins only?
Go make a /wizards/ general or something.
>>
>>18067202
>Now there are engaged and are planning a wedding.
That sounds horrible and doomed to fail
>>
>>18067222
>>18067230
It doesn't matter. 4 months without sex is nothing, unless you're a Tinder addict or a casual sex degenerate. You should have outgrown this by your age.
>>
>>18067236
Maybe. But he is almost 40, has a good career, his own car, and can easily make a down payment on a house. He can make his own decisions about his romantic life, and I support them.
>>
>>18067202

>he had a very hard time with it

What exactly was difficult for him? I've never had a girlfriend, so I don't have a clue about anything
>>
>>18067222

I'm almost 26, and I had a very weak sex drive the past 5 years. I've only had sex one time in the past 5 years, and it was awful sex

You'll live
>>
>>18066746

My god, half this thread, just like the majority of /advice/ is gf issues.
>>
>>18067243
I haven't gotten laid in like 2-3 years. I really can't remember because it's not that a big deal to me. I think since I got laid a lot in my teens and early to mid 20's it's not that big a deal for me.

The age factor totally plays into it though. The older your are the less you should care but if you went without in your younger years then I think the age factor doesn't completely help.

30 btw.Pretty happy with my life. Sex is great but it's not the best thing in life...
>>
>>18067251
I don't live with those two, and I've never met his gf/fiance, so I can only speak from what he told me.

He never seemed to have anything good to say about her, except that she is younger and hot and really pretty. He would say things like
> she's bossy
> she's lazy
> she's clingy
> she's jealous
> she's controlling
> she's boring
> etc etc etc
but he would remind me, she is hot and sex is great. Sex with a young hot girl, erryday.

When they broke up for a month, it seemed like he was really happy. He suddenly had more energy, he was always smiling, he said he felt such relief.

I was surprised when she came back and he suddenly proposed to her, but I don't live with them, so I don't know what their relationship was really like. He said their relationship had its flaws, but he can't live without her and she's willing to change.
>>
25 here. I look like a fucking kid when I shave. I have terrible facial hair so I'm clean shaven all the time. Add in my social anxiety and it's going to be impossible to get a woman's attention who is around my age, especially since I started going clubbing.
>>
>>18066746

I'm 30, and luckily don't have a ton of regrets, all things considered. My biggest problem right now is that I'm kinda going through a quarter life crisis.

I'm having a hard time finding any new goals, or anything to aspire to. Like, I've got a house, car, and a respectable career job, which I suppose I can move up in, but don't really want to.

It seems like the next step should be find a wife and have a kid or two, but frankly, marriage seems like it's doomed to fail, and I don't know anyone with kids that is happy and hasn't just completely surrendered their life to their kids.

Anyone here a little older than me that feels fulfilled?
>>
>>18067283

Yes I know this well. I have a baby face, and I'm thin. So I literally resemble a 20 year old. Just like you said, I feel embarrassed so I can't even bring myself to talk to girls.
>>
>>18067287
> I don't know anyone with kids that hasn't just completely surrendered their life to their kids

I think if you do that, you will feel fulfilled and happy
>>
>>18067251
You're in about the same boat as him. When you've been single for a long time, or forever, then it's harder to start and build a relationship because you're so accustomed to being alone and doing things your way. Being with someone and ultimately living with someone is drastically different than being alone. If you're good at compromising and making changes then you can make it work, but your partner also has to be willing to do the same. Otherwise you end up in a one sided relationship that's either doomed or you're stuck in and feeling miserable or both.

Now this isn't the case for everyone, but by an large it comes down to this. Adjusting from doing things alone to doing them with someone else. It's a major shock to your lifestyle when you have to start including someone else in most aspects of your life.

I've been in long term relationships but I've also been single for quite awhile now, and frankly these are the things that put me off to starting a relationship because I know what it's like to live with someone. I wouldn't necessarily be unhappy but it would all be a major challenge. Now I don't speak for everyone but merely from personal experience. And really you shouldn't let something like that stop you from trying to find a relationship, and it doesn't for me, but it also sits in the back of my mind as to how it will be difficult the next time around since it's been so long.

>>18067261
It's sadly what most people are most concerned with. I think self-improvement is a much better issue to tackle, and I'm not talking about improvement to get a girlfriend even though that may be a side-effect.
>>
>>18067202
>Last month, she broke up with him, and he seemed very happy. But one night, she came back to him for a surprise visit. I think they had sex and made up. Now there are engaged and are planning a wedding.
>There's always hope.
there is no hope for that relationship or man.
>>
>>18067296
Why? Just because they broke up once and got together? They aren't teens or early 20 year olds. It sometimes happens for older people too. Married couple Prince William and his wife also broke up for a month, as well as Ivanka Trump and her husband.
>>
>>18067293

That seems completely fucking ridiculous. A lack of sleep, a lack of free time, a waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars, all for someone that will likely just turn into another little shithead or go on to work in middle management somewhere.

All due respect to people who want to have kids, and are prepared to be good parents. However, it's not for everyone, and having a kid to attempt to fill a void seems like an awfully quick way to end up with a living creature you can't just take back to the pet store if it doesn't suit you.

I'd probably be a good dad, but it would stress the ever-living shit out of me.
>>
>>18067310
when you have a baby, your brain gets hormones and it changes. You think your baby is the best thing ever and you'd give your life to protect it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NFYDTsqOdk
>>
>>18067283
>especially since I started going clubbing.

Please PLEASE don't use clubs as places to pick up women especially if you're just starting out. You will only demoralize yourself even further.
>>
>>18067307
>Just because they broke up once and got together?
and got engaged. all this year. that's fucking insane.
>Married couple Prince William and his wife also broke up for a month, as well as Ivanka Trump and her husband.
those are both disgusting, regrettable relationships that will end in divorce.
>>
>>18067315

Tell that to the people I know that are low-key not happy with their kids and talk every day about how much they miss being able to not feel fucking exhausted. Yes, that makes them bad parents. Still the point stands.

Plus there's the point that in this day and age, you barely get to raise your kids - they spend 9-5 in the daycare because both you and your wife have to work to provide for the whole family.

It's a big gamble to take on "muh hormones."
>>
>>18067310

You sound awfully cynical. I know a ton of people who say the day their baby was born was one of the best days of their life. I don't have a baby and I obviously can't understand what they're saying, it's just one of those things you have to experience yourself like sky-diving or going on a roller-coaster, from an outside perspective it looks crazy but once you've done it, the adrenaline is unbelievable.

You make having a child sound like a bad stock market investment.
>>
>>18067294

>It's a major shock to your lifestyle when you have to start including someone else in most aspects of your life.

Shit... I've never actually thought about that before. But I do not think I could live in such close quarters with a girl. I really like my alone time at home.
>>
>>18067336
Sorry bro, but that's what relationships are about. It's all about sharing everything. I don't mean to scare you but it's just the reality of a healthy relationship.
>>
>>18067207
four months isn't bad, man.

Personally I get a little weirded out if I go more than three months dry spelling, but that's me, and I've only gone more than that once in the relevant past.

Just fix your game and put yourself out there. Don't rush it if you don't feel like it, but stop connecting it with your ex.
>>
>Virgin, girlfriendless till 27
>Finally lucked out and got an amazing gf with enormous tits
>Happy as hell for 3 years
>Relationship ended
>No sex or girlfriend since, nor likely

I honestly wish I had never had a gf and just ended up a Wizard instead. Knowing what I'm missing out on now after finally experiencing true happiness after all those miserable years is just excruciating. I have always had a huge tit fetish as well just to compound the misery.

I'm so fucking lonely but my life is a total failure and I'm shy as fuck so its no wonder I'm single. I simply got lucky thats all. Every dog etc
>>
>>18067356

Yeah I know.

God I hate the male sex drive. It's not that I even want sex, it's more of that I just would like the company of a cute girl occasionally. I don't have an interest in ever having a wife and kids. And like you said about the moving in thing, I have no desire for that either.
>>
>>18067363

>Every dog

..goes to heaven
>>
>>18067334

I'm admittedly cynical. I wanted a kid as I was growing up, and always saw myself getting married and having a child or two. But then my friends started to have kids, my coworkers had kids, and I realized that it was kind of a fairytale that having kids was this joyous bundle of fun.

I'm already tired and overworked, and the only of my friends that seem happy with their kids either have boundless energy, don't have jobs, or are the kinds of people who didn't do much with their lives but sit inside and watch TV.

Again, a big risk for me just to have a kid and try it out.
>>
26, getting balder by the second
i'll trim it all off in the coming weeks and tell myself it's no big deal, but i'm actually p. anxious about it

thanks for reading my blog
>>
>just turned 28
>female
>virgin, had one previous boyfriend
>but he lived in a different country
>after 3 years of talking went to visit him but
>found out he had been cheating for 2 of those 3 years
>feel like i wasted my time and life
>like 7 months later
>met another guy online
>but he also lives in another country
>been talking for the past year

i really don't know what the fuck i'm doing with my life desu
>>
>>18067315
nah, that's a meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmStghzvW04
>>
>>18067406
maybe you should try talking to the local boys instead of boys 3000 miles away
>>
>>18067438
yeah i don't meet local boys though.
i live a life of going to work and then doing stuff on my own or at home. don't even know where to meet anyone.
>>
>>18067447

Literally I'm in the same spot as you.

I don't meet local girls, but on Interpals.net cute girls message me all the time. Literally all the girls I know live overseas.
>>
>>18067406

Stop "meeting" people online.
>>
>>18067207
>I've chased some pussy, but I never follow through and usually just ghost once we get to that point.

Keep an eye on that, you should try to follow through on it, I have done similar things and it was a sign of bad things to come. Mostly repressed shame I didn't even know that I had.
>>
>>18067207
I can tell you from experience. It's definitely weird by five years. It's kind of like when you have long stretches of unemployment on your resume. What can you possibly say to explain that away.
>>
>>18067581
What kind of shame?
>>
>>18067612

If you really want to dig into the nuts and bolts of it - what kind of relationship did you have with your mother as a child?
>>
>>18067595
>What can you possibly say to explain that away.

You can say you're not someone who always feels the need to be in a relationship to feel complete. I've been single for over 3 years now and only just started going out on dates recently and I'm quickly reminded of how much hard-work they require.
>>
>>18066746
29fag hete

Id recommend to anyone here to hit the library (library! Not internet. I dont care who you are you cherry pick when you google research. A book is an organized complete and coherent source) and grab some books on entrepreneurialship and self employment.

I did it last year when work hours were low.

I now have a side business that makes me 250 an hour on top of my full time job. Its actually surprisingly very easy. Also thanks to my reading and perspective ive developed an eye for business opportunities id have never seen before.

My gf and I have a brand now thats starting to gain ground even though were only selling it for charity at this moment.

I cant stress how easy it is and itll fix your life. Just hit some books.
>>
>>18067704
Anything specific?
>>
27 here
I've decided to join the military
II have a undergrad degree
Tried for a few years to do hack it in academia
It's a shitshow
It's an Old Boy's Club
Don't make the right connections? Forget it

So military is how I go now
I got my medical test soon
Then I'm off to Officer Candidate School
>>
>>18067704
Thanks I came here actually looking for advice like this. I recently lost my job but I have enough saved that I can survive for a few years without working. I'd like to use that time to make sure I'm never at the mercy of an employer ever again.

I worry that entrepreneurship books are kind of a scam like motivational books though where someone talks about how successful they are when they made all their money writing books talking about how successful they are and the advice is just vague affirmations.
>>
>>18067363
How did you meet her and how did the relationship start? I've got the looks (now) and have no problems socially. I just dont know how getting a gf happens. Like you meet a chick, ask her out, and then what?
>>
>>18067294
What about when you have self-improved and still have issues? I'm a social person, plenty of friends (male and female), and my personality could use work (im too sarcastic and impatient, working on it, improving) but it doesnt really drive people away and people warm up to me once they realize im joking around and only teasing. I'm not the most outgoing, but I dont think you could paint me as anything other than a normal person in that regard. I've been a fatass my entire life but that has changed and I look pretty ok. I go out with my friends, I've traveled the world, I read, I play sports.

The only thing I don't have are a girlfriend and a job, and the job situation is only temporary. The ONE missing thing is, and always has been, romance. How much do I still have to improve? There are people in shittier situations than I and they have been able to find romance at some point in their life, why cant I? Obviously its some other issue than self-improvement and trying to correct that is my majority, and I assume most others who come to the board, reason for being here.
>>
>>18067704
>I now have a side business that makes me 250 an hour on top of my full time job.

Are you selling a service?
>>
>>18067447
OKCupid
Coffee Meets Bagel
Tinder
Mutual friends if you have local friends
Old classmates at alumni events
Meetups maybe, but often not a good approach
Former coworkers if you left a job a while ago but still keep in touch with anyone-- never current coworkers though
4chan
Plenty of Fish but kind of crappy user base
Siren
Any hobby related communities you are involved in
>>
>>18068449
What are you hoping to do?
>>
>>18068800
I want to be an officer
Someone at least with a something before his name

So far so good
>>
27 in 5 days.
NEET
No friends.
live with parents.
>>
>>18068708

Lol how do you even meet someone from 4chan?
>>
>>18068808
Doing what? Are you trying to ne a pilot, intel, infantry, or what?
>>
>>18068853
Intel
My aptitude test they say is more than enough

I know Intel is for bitches and faggots.
One my recruiters said as much
But I got the grades, I got the aptitude and I got the temperance

Almost at basic now
>>
25,I'm bad with money and I could be doing much more with my time.
>>
>>18066746
Can I get a waiver if I'm 20, but people tell me I look 35+, have the spine of a 60 year old, and I'm in constant pain?
>>
If I haven't figured out how to be more charming by now, am I doomed to be perceived as a troll who belongs under a bridge forever?
>>
>>18069033
That's a different issue.

And fuck off.
>>
almost 30, and fucked at least five 18 yo this year.. I forget... I pass for 25 and 20 and under girls seem to like aftenoon Tinder hookups. I'm finishing up last year in uni in an engineering major. Didn't do the traditional route. I'm pretty apprehensive about the future, but more or less happy. Definately happier now then when I was 10 years ago, it's hilarious. Found something that I enjoy and with that congruence, in addition to power lifting, lots of confidence.
>>
33 yo
Finally got a job a few months ago after asking a childhood friend to find me something. Something so simple yet it felt like climbing a mountain. Even just going to the interviews, doctor and psych check up felt like a struggle. I borrowed some money from my parents and got nice looking clothes and went to work.
It was very surprising how much respect I got and even a lot of women's attention just by wearing nice clothes and grooming myself. I'm not a good looking guy either, I'm average and shave my head completely due to balding. Most colleagues thought I was 5-7 years younger.
Work is very easy, almost boringly so. I've been saving up all my money trying to figure out what comes next. I feel like I can't make up my mind whether I should leave town/country in search of much better paid jobs, and if I stay whether I should move out of my parent's apartment (I live alone in it but still) and build something for myself before it's really too late.
>>
>>18067287

As Chris Rock puts it MARRIED AND BORED OR SINGLE AND LONELY.

But if you haven't been in a longterm relationship you should at least give it a shot before foregoing the option of marriage altogether.
>>
>>18067207
Depends on each person, do you still have feeling for your ex?
>>
>>18066746
35 years old kissless non-virgin here
How do I get over my shameful small dick and find a girlfriend?
>>
>>18069038
Maybe you're not charming, but I'm sure that you'll find someone that can find value in your high str and regeneration.
Just watch out fire based attacks
>>
>>18069501

:^)
>>
File: Rick3.png (70KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Rick3.png
70KB, 184x184px
I'm 27 and have a question that probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, help me our /adv/.

For the first time in my life I am building a reserve of money from work, not much but it's a start. I have more than enough to buy the new Nintendo Switch with all the accessories I want, but there is something inside me that is making me sweat/feel uneasy when ordering items. I see the amount of money that an order is and feel anxious and cancel it (not the main system but accessories and games etc.) I did the same with a few other things in the past, just ordered on impulse and immediately cancelled the order.

Is there a name for this, or is something inside me telling me to stop being wasteful with money, even though it's things I want and have the money for.
>>
>>18069543
Some form of buyer's remorse maybe?
>>
>>18069543
It's called guilt for wasting for money on transient crap.

I like videogames, a lot, but playing for over 20-something years most of the fun has been sucked out of it and you've also seen most of what is avaliable over those 20-odd years. There's nothing new and it's an ultimately empty hobby.
>>
>>18069494

That's a question nobody can answer, anon. Anyone can get a "girlfriend". What you're looking for is a soul mate.
>>
>>18067287
unless you expect to live to be 120 you're past the quarter life crisis homie :(
>>
>31
>gf drops the bomb on me that she got a job 1000 miles away
>offers to do some long distance bullshit
>i just walked away from the whole situation
>>
Going to be 25 soon.

Spent 3 years working an admin job with a college degree. Have no fucking idea what I want to do with anything.

Anxiety's in full force. I'm scared I won't find a good enough job.

How'd you all deal with it?
>>
>>18069732
Still surviving on that minimum wage shit.

It's not living.
>>
>>18069576
>Anyone can get a "girlfriend"
Apparently I can't, posing you don't consider paid sex as girlfriends.
I'm a fucking mess man.
>>
>>18069652
You did the right thing pal.
>>
>>18068455
You're right. They can be. Remember theyre written by people who were successful in seeing business opportunities so the book is just another way they saw to make money because theyre credible.

But what it does more than anything is share success stories to show you how simple a good business idea is. A woman who bought clippers and a brush and started grooming peoples dogs in home for 60k a year.

A guy who bought green coffee beans and roasted them in a popcorn maker and sold them to local coffee shops. All it really is is find out what people will give you money for and attack it. What holds people back is they feel they have to have some huge new idea no one else thought of. But nope, you just need a service people will pay for and access to kijiji. A lot of my own business comes from there and I dont even use paid advertising so my ads are on page 17.

Some will be profitable some wont. 1 in 5 businesses fail but remember that doesnt mean 1 in 5 people fail. If 5 people try to start a business and it takes them all 5 attempts and theyre all successful eventually you will still see a statistic like 80% of businesses fail.

And yeah on my first shot im doing pretty well. Its nothing to have a full income on, but supplemented by my regular income it makes me quite wealthy.

>>18068434
>>18068486

Yes. I do pest control. I live in Canada where anything that works is super restricted and I have the right licenses. Other than that its in very high demand and I can undercut major businesses by a lot and still make huge money as the pesticides themselves are not expensive, and provide the same quality service because i was trained by a major company many years ago so I know the routines and tricks.

I will admit my life experience is a point of luck here, but thats part of why the books are important. Theyre full of ideas.
>>
>>18069478

I've been in a long term relationship a couple of times. The thing is, I'm not really lonely. Romantic relationships are kind of suffocating. Really it's just attaching myself to a ball and chain for the opportunity to get my dick wet on the regular.

>>18069595
I figured there was no point in calling it a "third life crisis." And shit, with medical advances these days, I bet I will live to that age.
>>
>>18068461

I was 27, its almost unheard of for someone to get their first gf at that age. They either have prior experience or they go full Wizard

For me, I always had a social life. I have just never had any fucking confidence. And so after a decade of hitting bars and clubs, had never even got a date. I simply got lucky on a dancefloor one night and managed to get a date. Took it from there. I am good at faking things when I need to, I never let on that I was a total virgin noob. I was able to come off as aloof and hinted at previous experience.

You are asking the wrong guy for relationshit advice. My gf was a fluke and I've been lonely and single for 3 years now since she left me
>>
Has anybody got any questions? I'm 34. Been married and divorced. Lived in two countries. Own a house, a car. Changed careers recently. Have a degree. Dating a 27 year old, been with her for the last 7 years.
>>
>>18070123
Howcome you got divorced?
>>
>>18070136
I went to visit friends in a distant city and called my girlfriend. She was like 'you can't call me at work!' I thought to call her office phone because then she could pretend it was business and a colleague answered and said she was off sick. I called her mobile again and she insisted she was at work. Told her I knew she was lying and she said she was off sick because she was at a guys house, had stayed the night because she got drunk, but nothing happened. This was a guy who I knew she had a crush on and who I'd knocked on his door and threatened to keep away a few months before. When I got back she tried to blame me for not trusting her and 'making her lie' because I was controlling what friends she was allowed contact with. Nope. Ended it there and then. Not because of cheating, but because of dishonesty and trying to blame it on me instead of even once apologising for being shady. We'd been together 7 years. I will never know the truth, but don't really care. Point is the trust was gone and her reaction showed no respect for the relationship.
>>
>>18070158
Replace girlfriend with wife. I c&p'd it from another thread.
>>
>>18070158
That's fucked up. Sorry anon.
>>
>>18070123

I'm 34. I am NEET and live with my mom. I own a shitty used car. Have no degree. Been single for 3 years.

I feel like a child desu. I don't have any questions but at my age all I can do is look around me and see guys like you and wonder how the hell you did it.
>>
>>18070173
On a simple level basically take risks once you are sure you won't starve or become homeless.
>>
>>18066746

28 year old male going on 29

When I was having hard times I used to be foolish enough to tell myself that good times are around the corner like it were some act of probability. Now it seems like the good times are now neutral and the bads are still bad. Just grateful enough to be alive I guess but it still feels like Im sinking.

On the bright side Ive paid off my debt, but rent went up and still friendless after moving although thats my fault.
>>
>>18066895
>100 dollars an hour
My uni offers psychological services for $10 a visit after the first six free appointments. I could attend therapy EVERY DAY for less than what you're paying. Granted it's built into the tuition.
>>
>>18070184

Sound advice. Fear has held me back my whole life, and still is.

Can I ask you this. Do you feel like a "Man" having achieved all the usual adult rites of passage like marriage, house etc? I feel like a kid because I have no independence or achievements. I look at my friends who are basically the same as you and they aren't really any different to me it seems, they have just worked hard and don't have the fear like I have.

I'm kind of hung up on how I "should" feel in my mid-30s. I have friends who play video games and talk about films and comics and shit. Yet they have wives and careers etc like most other normal people. I think my own interests are more grown up than that yet my life is that of an adolescent.

Some people just mature way better than others I guess. Or I am just a total fuck up more likely
>>
>27, soon to be 28
bad
>useless degree
>NEET of four years
>volunteered and worked some odd jobs since graduating university but mostly just living on NEETbux
good
>applying for work
>considering going back to school
>good network of friends
>happy long term relationship

I'm trying to turn my life around and do something with myself, but I live in a city with an ever-growing population and a ton of recent grads, so there's a ton of competition. Got another rejection letter today for an entry level receptionist type position. Trying really hard not to fucking hate myself and focus on keeping my hopes up. If it weren't for my relationship of five years, I'd just ghost on everyone for a few months and then kill myself.

Going back to school would be great, but I don't have any real idea what I'd want to do with myself, and everything that interests me (translating/interpreting, art history, psychology/counseling, journalism) seems like kind of a crapshoot on whether or not I'd even be able to land a job afterward anyway.

I want to change. I want to be better than this so badly.
>>
>>18070123
What career did you used to have and what have you switched to? What prompted the change?
>>
Not sure which path to take

Current Job
>more advanced position, full time, in my competitive field
>better pay
>one hour each way commute
>no time for anything else but work during the week

Potential other job
>only part time and lower ranking position
>local 25 minute commute
>more free time so I could pursue my Masters starting this year and not put it off another year

Not sure which to choose. I'm 26.
>>
>>18070207
I want to say no because I don't want believe life meaning and validation should be based around normative goals, but I've got to say yes kind of because society is structured to reward those who tick boxes and reach milestones and if you play by the rules you get validation, support, assistance, basically people want to be part of what you are doing because outwardly you present an image of success and achievement. Different paths can be rewarding, but the pay off is not so straightforward.
>>
>>18066746
No job (have not had one in years)
No money
No gf
Advice: Don't do this.
>>
>>18070415
Don't really want to say because it could identify me, but basically easy office job in middlemanagement to small start up where everything is kind of horrifically diy and now considering doing a masters in biological sciences while working.

Boredom and being embarrassed about my previous job. Passed over for promotion three times, lost passion and belief in it. Felt like I was at an age where I had to change.
>>
>>18070433
If the lower position won't hurt your ability to provide for yourself or anything, and if going for your master's degree is something you really, really want to do, go for the master's degree. Otherwise, you'll keep putting it off.

If you're not all that concerned about getting into grad school sooner rather than later and like your current job well enough, stick with it.
>>
>>18070206
I think my university had a similar deal back when I was in college. I could be paying a lot less, but unfortunately my insurance is shit. I have a $3000 deductible to work through before I even see a penny taken off the cost (and I believe that's a separate mental health deductible). Maybe I shouldn't have even bothered with insurance. I'm still paranoid about people finding out I have brain problems.
>>
>>18066746
26yo here, here's my advice
Join a gym and go there 3 days a week and train for at least 30 minutes (that's 30 constant minutes, not a set then playing on your phone) on those days.

Try and save money, don't buy stupid shit you don't need, don't be afraid to buy non branded stuff.

Study something in your own time, having another feather in your cap or developing your skills for your career choice is a great way to keep yourself occupied.

Spend 5 minutes a day learning something, be it a language on duolingo or whatever you are studying.

Avoid 4chan's shit boards.

Talk to someone new (in person) every day.

Remember that "being yourself" is bullshit and nobody cares about your problems, hone your social skills and learn not to babble about stupid shit.
>>
>>18067207
Wtf? Like 1 month max and that's if you have autism.
>>
File: IMG_20151112_171327.jpg (139KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_171327.jpg
139KB, 720x480px
29 here ...
I have been single for 4 years now I'm turning to paganism and magic spells slowly won't be long before I start going full retard
Saving to buy a house a car and start trading on the stock market while I become a wizard on the side
>>
File: goose.jpg (6KB, 250x207px) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
6KB, 250x207px
>Early 40's
>not bald and hair still looks black
>no chicken legs behind my eyelids
>never say "i feel like i'm 18 again"
>openly straight, unmarried, no children and no gf
>run 3-6 mile races and swim
>former gamer but still reading as my hobby
>don't hang out at clubs or bars

Am i too old for a career change and too old for dating? I don't wanna date Milfs.
>>
File: please just fucking kill me.jpg (58KB, 489x599px) Image search: [Google]
please just fucking kill me.jpg
58KB, 489x599px
I'm 23 and I know I'm under age, but I gotta ask.

How many of you guys have thought about dropping out of college? I'm failing everything. I have no interest in my major or any of the classes I'm taking right now. I've been in school for 5 years now and I'm still a junior. I'm so behind in all my classes. I feel like a fucking loser and it just brings me so much pain.

I feel like I will be working in my retail job forever now.

If you guys did drop or fail, how has life been since you left school?
>>
>>18070868
>I don't wanna date Milfs
Why?
>>
>>18070918
Unless you would like to work in a trade or you have an idea or service you can provide (running your own business) as you probably won't be hired, you will have a very hard time finding a decent job.....I have tried and am now hoping to return to school....but I am fuckin old now and don't remember anything so I will probably be mid 30s by the time I am done.

Why are you failing your classes?
>>
>>18070933
I'm just not interested in anything. I was doing really well in community college, but since I've transferred to 4 year, I've been doing poorly.

I also feel like a dumb fuck because there are kids so much younger than me and they seem to have everything figured out.
>>
>>18070925
I'd imagine that they're only hot as a novelty when you're a young guy. I'm 20, and still think milfs are hot, but desu who the hell wants to be a step-dad, and you know that even if she looks good now, that's gonna last for absolutely 10 years tops. And as you age your personality usually becomes more of what it originally was. If she was a cunt at 20 she's gonna be an absolute ball buster at 40.
>>
>>18070950
How are you not interested in anything? What do you do on Saturdays?
>>
>>18070970
I work. Monday-Thursday I go to school and Friday-Sunday I work at a restaurant. I'm not even taking a lot of classes, but I just hate my boring life. I don't have many friends or hobbies so I don't do much.
>>
alright guys, I'm 27 and I'm worried I'm beginning to develop mental illness

it runs in my family, and I feel like I'm developing an anxiety disorder.
I just feel paranoid and nervous all the time. However I'm still lucid enough to know the way I'm feeling is wrong so it hasn't fully taken hold yet

what can I do here, I don't want to be a nutter
>>
>>18070868
>openly straight

What?
>>
>>18070868
It's probably too late for a career change.
>>
>>18066834
Yeah, same here…except I still live with my mother, so I have more of a digital life than a real one.

>>18067236
>That sounds horrible and doomed to failI was thinking the same thing. My brother's marriage has somewhat similar circumstances.

>>18067270
>but he would remind me, she is hot and sex is great. Sex with a young hot girl, erryday
If those are the only good things about her, he's in for a rude awakening. Sex and beauty don't last forever.
>>
>>18071016
Go outside more often. Staying inside will only make your situation much worse.
>>
>>18070918

28 years old here, been in college for a decade and can tell you right now you dont want to fuck up now. I did the whole drunk party life and fucked up my record so I can tell you Ive been there.

Just find something in college that interests you and pursue it, but be sure theres a market for your skills. Where I am, finding decent unskilled labor jobs is total ass unless you have trade skills.

You dont want to be married still digging through exams while the anxiety of a full time job is hammering you.
>>
>>18070405
Keep going, anon. It might be rough, but the fact that you're trying is a good sign. Wanting it enough to go for it matters.
>>
>>18071347
I just feel so lost man. I've tried therapy, working out, and none of that shit helps lift the depression. I should be done with my degree, but I'm not. Not even close. I want to drop and get some entry lvl desk job, but from what other anons on here told me, it seems like a bad idea.

I just want to get a good job and help my mom pay her bills. I hates seeing her work so much and make little money.
>>
>>18071343
that's where I encounter the problems

1 I already had abandonment issues, so when my gf up and left me out of nowhere I started to spiral a little bit
I got robbed recently, and I'm fine, they only got $60, but I've been on edge and really nervous ever since
>>
>>18071383
>>18071383
This is a lot, but I feel for you brother, i can truly sympathize

I dropped out of 4 year Uni after my freshman year. Farted around in CC for a few years working warehouse jobs, but never could keep for that long. I went back to school this year, and just turned 25 this spring semester.

My dad never went to school, he works like 60-70 hour weeks. It's not impossible, but it's certainly a harder way of life, and with the way it looks like things are going, it's only going to get harder (not impossible).

It is also only going to get harder as you get older like >>18070933
said, I understand the feeling behind thing. I felt it last semester jumping into Calc 2 after taking Calc 1 over a year ago in CC (barely passing) and while these kids may be smarter than me, but they didn't have a fucking chance in hell of outworking me. I got my A i set out for, and it felt great.

If you have half a brain, and are smart I suggest just doing some STEM shit.
>>
>>18071395
No I'm pretty much a brainlet.

I barely passed Calc 1 and I failed Calc 2. I'm retaking it this semester, but I bombed the first test, so I'm pretty much fucked. I'm also failing my other class.

Its my fault. I didn't try hard enough just because I let my emotions get in the way. I feel like the school will kick me out this semester. And I feel like I will be working at my restaurant job forever now.
>>
>>18070574

Fair point.
I want the masters asap to Maximise the time I can use it so option 2 looks like the right choice
>>
>>18071406
don't call yourself a brainlet, don't self deprecate, and don't make up excuses for your failures, and don't give up after a failure. Double down, and fucking work harder at it. I set out to either pass my classes or die of exhaustion, but not to fail and still be standing.

If your school is on a regular semester program like mine, then there's still more than enough points left in the semester to pass your class.

you don't have to be smart to be successful, just smart enough to work hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Either seize the fucking moment or don't, that's life in a nutshell. GL
>>
>>18071384
Reality is harsh. You need to recognize and accept that every action has a risk and everything transient.
>>
I really want to propose to my girlfriend of over 2.5 years, we're both 28 and everything has been awesome from the day we've met. Only one thing is bothering me, and keeping me from taking the plunge. She has lots of guy friends. Two of them I know for a fact like her (she knows too, but she doesn't care / thinks it's funny and says they are non-threats) probably about four other guys she keeps in weekly contact with. I.e. Text / Snapchat. And she also has an ex that texts her about once a month who she never initiates conversation with, but she will text him back. She always tells me when these people text her too, (I don't get outwardly jealous, I'm not sure if she likes that or not) Ine time I can think of that pissed me off is she became friends with a guy at work around six months ago, she was supposed to go to a work party and he was going to be a dd for her and some friends. She told me she was going to his house to hang out with him before they left, I got mad. When I got mad and told her it wasn't cool to hang out with him alone at his house, she freaked out and started sobbing and accused me of not trusting her. I do trust her, but being a guy myself and knowing things I've done in the past I have a hard time trusting other guys. Anyway literally a day later she stops being friends with him after he spread a rumor at work that they "cuddled" and that's the last I've heard of him. We've moved away in a different state since then and all of the friends she had made (except for one) have been guys. She says it's because she makes friends easier with guys, but it's starting to get old fast. Opinions? Suggestions on how to expose some of the guys. No "DUMP THE DIRTY TRAMP" comments, I know she isn't cheating she doesn't have the time, if she was I'd be REALLY impressed we both spend about 95% of our days together.
>>
>>18071499
I'm like your wife. It's nothing shady but I just don't make friends with girls easily. I want so desperately to have some girl friends but it's just a lot harder for some reason.
>>
25 year old introvert. Good job but work weird hours.....2pm-11pm. How do I get a GF. Also I don't go outside ever and only have 1 friend, that might be part of my problem. Dating sites are a gutter in my city, all trash women. I've dated good women before, but I'm such a recluse now I don't know how to find one.
>>
>>18067704
Honestly, I feel this post, information on the internet is usually really scattered around and laden with traps because you'll get linked to Infowars from looking up contrails then forget it your afternoon is done.

>>18068860

Fuck those guys, just remember I do believe some of the greatest British officers were also eventually authors. Or maybe the other way around. Intelligence experience takes you places that you will cherish forever and give you unique experiences. Those academics will shoot themselves when you become a Ian Fleming.

>>18070868
Well, if you don't have that it factor or a large bank account 20 year old chicks are kinda out because guess what they will see you as a novelty too, you will be that bitchin dude in the Camaro or driving that Harley and you can drive them around to college and shit. If you aren't "that guy" you need to move up to GILFs.

Find a girl who is old enough to have a wet vagina but all her kids grew up and moved out.

Someone around age 50. I am not saying you are going to find the next Julia Roberts or Jennifer Aniston tbqh gotta keep it in perspective those girls are rare. Just find one that gets wet pussy and not fat and go on with your bad self.

Old women have a lot of benefits. They have an anus as tight as a 25 year olds vag but its loose enough so it doesn't hurt without lube. Pretty choice. Still use lube anyway. They know all the ways of the blowjob. They naturally have these sexy gruff voices and
can turn you on that way and a lot of times they are into wealth or have a sweet alimony payment coming in. So you might be less wealthy than she is.

Strangely, 50 yo women have nobody into them if they are taking care of themselves they don't have the MILF or GILF thing going on because they have no white hair.

Sorry I took this too far, shutting up now.
>>
Turned 25 in January. I graduated with my master's last September. I'm still unemployed though.

I ended up graduating in September rather than June last year because I continuously put off writing my thesis that I wasn't able to turn it in on time. Not only that, but over the summer I had a very good friend cut off all contact with me suddenly without ever giving me a reason.

After how horrible last year was, I just don't have the motivation to do anything anymore. I don't know what kind of job I want, so I haven't applied to any single job since graduating. I lie to my parents and tell them I'm still applying. I don't want to try dating or making new friends anymore because I'm just sick of people hurting me. My Dad at one point asked me what my ambitions are, and I told him honestly, "I don't know".

So now I spend day in and day out doing nothing but browsing the internet, and occasional playing fighting games with my one buddy who still lives in my hometown. I keep waiting for the motivation to better myself to arrive, but it's not there anymore.
>>
>>18071324
Explain that!

>>18071554
>
you will be that bitchin dude in the Camaro or driving that Harley and you can drive them around to college and shit. If you aren't "that guy" you need to move up to GILFs.

Sorry dude,i ain't going through a mythlife crisis
>>
>30
>good job
>been with bf just over a year, known him much longer
>great relationship, both agree this is pretty much forever territory
>travel a lot but never anything super exciting, just little breaks

So babies, guys? What do you do when you're reaching your biological peak? I don't think I'd ever feel ready but it's crossing my mind a lot more recently.

Is it more sensible to wait 3-4yrs until my partner and I have been actually together for longer? I'm 31 in a few months and I feel like I don't have the years to spare, I'm ready, but also want to enjoy life with my partner.
>>
>>18071554
>Well, if you don't have that it factor.....they have no white hair.

That's specific advice for the 40-something year old right?
>>
Someone put my mind to rest, are they passively pushing out ugly people from the city? In the 25+ years I've been living I don't think this many trendy/hot/cool people before.
>>
>>18072249
I'm currently in my shitty work clothes and almost everyone on the train is in expensive suits and trendy hipster stuff.
>>
How the fuck do I dress well? Up until now all I've worn were walmart jeans and plain t-shirts.

I don't want to go full /fa/, I just want to look like I'm trying.
>>
>>18072296
Jeans and plain t-shirt isn't too bad.
>>
>>18066746
ive been totally single for a year and it sucks desu
i'll probably be single until i die

i'm a total loser and i am thinking of dropping out of my masters program because i no longer think it will help me get a job in my field.

since all my friends are now in relationships it's weird spending time with them because i'm always the odd man out
>>
>>18071835

I wouldn't wait much past a year, maybe two. My parents had me in their later 30s and honestly it sucked in a lot of ways for both them and me and I wouldn't recommend it. As you approach 34-35 you really either need to shit or get off the pot.
>>
>>18071835
>>18071835
you missed the boat for babies 5 years ago
>>
>>18067207
It's been over a year for me (and my ex as well). We're meeting up tonight to talk through some shit but dear /adv/ help me stay strong.
>>
>>18071554
Yeah man.

I discovered that way too late. Making good use of it now.

Books are hands down the best source of information. Even though im pointing the finger and saying "you cherry pick!" im as guilty if not more. Ill read the first paragraph from like two websites and declare myself an expert.

See: whatever political allignment is your opposition during the last election. People who vote [political party] are just terrible for this.

Clear concise, edited and professionally edited and ordered information that caters to graduated understanding. Nothing better for that than a book.
>>
>>18071835
You are probably fine, but not in your peak biologically....

My mom was 39 when I was born. Do you want to be 70 years old when your kid is your age?

Kids thought my dad was my grandpa when I was in elementary school....probably seemed about normal for them since most of their parents were probably early to mid 30s.
>>
Guys, how do I go from the stage of "doing these things to just get laid" to "better myself and be a man"?

I can't muster up the motivation or passion to do it for myself; the lonely successful person isn't en enticing lifestyle. My dad lives it and it is in no way an inspiration to make me want to work harder, just to be alone.

What drives you guys to do things like get a better job, stay in college, drive a car, find roommate? Originally, you didn't need any of these things to get laid, just the future potential of it and girls would throw their pussy at you. Once you hit 18 though, it seems like you're out of the game if you didn't fill all the requirements and I can't be arsed to go out and create an entirely new life for myself, just to possibly impress some bitch who is allowed to hit me, berate me, and straight up steal from me in a public setting and no one does a thing.

What makes it worth it for y'all?
>>
>>18071835
Go get your fertility checked, a good doctor will tell you if it's wise to start trying now, or if you should wait. I'm 32 and recently did that and my doctor said I have the reproductive organs of a 25 year old.
>>
>>18070206
I didn't have to pay anything at my school, but it was obviously part of tuition.

>>18067202
>>18067270
This sounds an awful lot like the circumstances of a marriage of someone I know. Turned out his wife just ended a kid. Now they're separated.

>>18067263
>The age factor totally plays into it though. The older your are the less you should care but if you went without in your younger years then I think the age factor doesn't completely help.
You're right…it doesn't.
>>
>>18067310
>That seems completely fucking ridiculous. A lack of sleep, a lack of free time, a waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars, all for someone that will likely just turn into another little shithead or go on to work in middle management somewhere.
>I'd probably be a good dad, but it would stress the ever-living shit out of me.
If you think you'll raise a shithead, you probably are one yourself.

>>18067328
>>18067334
A big part of this is that the US doesn't have social policies implemented that support parents.
The only reason there isn't a birth "crisis" is because of immigration.
https://www.salon.com/2016/06/23/american_parents_are_miserable_partner/
>>
Married/Divorced anons: Have you seriously considered divorce/ when did you know it was real?

I broke the emergency box full of 'shit you never ever say outloud' during an argument a couple days ago. Just frigid cold war now. How do you know when its time to seriously consider pulling the plug?
>>
>>18068708
>Plenty of Fish but kind of crappy user base
Can confirm this. My mother met a 40-something NEET on PoF. He lied to her about having a job. She let him move in after the house he was starring in got sold. He's been nothing but trouble. My health has suffered.

DON'T USE PoF!

>>18070032
>I figured there was no point in calling it a "third life crisis." And shit, with medical advances these days, I bet I will live to that age.
Don't count on being able to afford that kind of healthcare. The rich always benefit from that stuff first…and sometimes they're the only ones that do.
>>
>>18067363
I know that feeling. I feel the same way about my only relationship. It happened around the same age. Now I'm single for 3 years and no dates. Meanwhile, she's met guys through online dating. Makes me think it was a fluke. It fucking sucks to think this about a woman you love. We're still on good terms, but things are different, of course.

>>18070204
>When I was having hard times I used to be foolish enough to tell myself that good times are around the corner like it were some act of probability.
Just World Fallacy, I used to tell myself the same shit. It's a lie designed to keep people down and stop people from taking action to influence change in others' lives or absolve them of any responsibility for others well-being.

>>18070405
>>volunteered and worked some odd jobs since graduating university but mostly just living on NEETbux
Why is the first part bad?

>>18070447
>Different paths can be rewarding, but the pay off is not so straightforward.
That's some sage advice there.

>>18070574
>>18070433
I agree, the longer you put it off, the harder it will be to do in the future. If you have the means, do it new. No time like the present, and a mastersis the new bachelors, unfortunately.

>>18070868
>I don't wanna date Milfs.
Yeah, I don't rant to wind up supporting someone else's kid. I know too much about biology.
>>
I'm always ignored in these threads. Maybe it's for the better. I've never had anything interesting to say to anybody else, doesn't seem to be any difference in the elderly thread.
25, about to turn 26 (less than one month).
Life doesn't seem to have anything to offer to me. I am shy, quiet, reserved, introvert, whatever you call it. I never have anything like close friends, always just acquaintances, I'm not at all an interesting person, so I am always by myself. Lately it's starting to feel the fact that I'll never have anything like a SO. I don't care about the sex anymore, I even find it a bit disgusting. But having someone to share my life with... I know it's stupid, but I kinda feel lately.
I am also a high school dropout and I can't ass myself to get my GED, I don't see the point in that, and even if I get that, it's just going to university, and then begging around for a shitty job....
I think I'm going to go out and travel, though I've always been bad at disciplining myself to make the money to get by. I also experience days of low energy...
But I guess it's better to go out and try to work things out than just sit around all day trying to avoid the issue of bureaucracy (they call it "education") with my parents.
>>
31 year old here. I'm worried I have a drinking issue.

Never drank until I was 28. Started slow but now I'm up to drinking 4-5 beers/shots a session, 3 times a week.

Never thought of it as a problem as I'm fairly successful with a great wife.

However we now have a kid on the way and work has been slow, so it's been on my mind more and more.

I had already decided I was going to scale back drinking a bit before we decided on trying for a kid, but I'm finding it harder than I originally thought.

I'm thinking about trying to go cold turkey, but I also wonder how much I exaggerate my worries (I'm very neurotic and paranoid by nature).

Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>18072773
if you're not having physical withdrawal symptoms you can go cold turkey. it might be a psychological addiction but as long as youre not getting night sweats and anxiety attacks you're good
>>
>>18072781
No withdrawal symptoms. The worst thing I can say is I have a little "voice" in my head that will start chiming in around 5 o'clock every other day if I'm bored. If I do a vacation or any other sort of time away I don't really notice it.
>>
>>18072582
>Turned out his wife just ended a kid.
Just wanted a kid.
>>
>>18072753
I regret reading this and wish I had ignored your post.
>>
>>18072773
>>18072793
Iktf bro. I noticed last year that I was drinking a lot; not really huge binges but having 4-6 drinks on a regular almost nightly basis, lots of empty calories at the very least. I traced it back to boredom; I realized that I was bored as hell and really unhappy with my life. I had learned to use alcohol as a crutch for having fun along with it, but at some point I just forgot to have fun and do things that I wanted to do and just got drunk and stayed inside instead.

I basically worked some things out and tried to get more involved in my hobbies/career/interests and now I don't drink nearly as much. I mean, I'll have a beer or two every night because I love beer, but I don't even get buzzed/drunk (3+ drinks for me) on a weekly basis anymore.

I don't think you're into problem territory, but you may want to take a look at your life and what's driving you to drink. I think it's a good call to limit your drinking when you're a parent. My mom drank a lot when I was a kid (not really problematically, just got kinda drunk while cooking with wine) and I remember it upset me when I was little because I didn't understand why mom was acting so stupid and moody; didn't have the context to understand she was getting drunk til I was a teenager. She never did anything bad, it was just kind of this weird shitty thing that an impressionable small child probably shouldn't see.
>>
File: drifting.jpg (413KB, 1600x1027px) Image search: [Google]
drifting.jpg
413KB, 1600x1027px
>>18066746
26 year old reporting in. I'm kind of lost in life, and feel like I want more from it. Maybe one of you guys can weigh in. Here's a Quick Rundownâ„¢:

>went to college for neuroscience, didn't really care too much about it but it was a good background for stuff I liked and my degree seems to make normies think I'm smart so I don't regret it. Don't really use my degree, but I'm decently set up for most graduate programs and all my debt is paid off so whatever.

>band I was in during college got somewhat popular among artsy circles all over the US and Europe, so I decided to double down and do music for real after graduating. Done some albums and some tours and it was fun but now it's starting to feel like we're plateauing. Not sure how much I enjoy it these days, and I feel like my standards for good music have recently surpassed my band's ability to play.

>Was in a really long abusive relationship for most of my adult life thus far and had a couple of back to back serious GFs since, whom I just couldn't commit to because they weren't right for me, and I don't really want to settle down. Finally single for an entire year, the longest it's been since I was 16, kind of feel this urge to make up for lost time and date/sleep around but no idea how, especially when people around me are trying to settle down and get married. Part of me feels like I can't move on until I rack up a bodycount or something.

>Work a comfy retail job that is flexible and pays relatively well, I like my coworkers and actually enjoy working with the public, so basically I enjoy my work as humble as it is. I sometimes feel ashamed that I'm not doing something more impressive and I wonder if it makes people/women look down on me.

>Inherited $200,000 in 2015 that I have invested, which makes me feel rich but I don't really like to spend it so it doesn't affect my life much besides taking away worries about money.

I just don't know where to go from here.
>cont
>>
>>18073045
you are rich

go fuck yourself and be happy faggot
>>
>>18073053
What would you do in my shoes?
>>
Don't hang around with people below your intelligence level too much, they will make you dumber. Oh and resist the urge to argue with idiots, you think you may be enlightening them but you are probably just wasting your time and will just end up frustrated. Arguing with idiots makes YOU the idiot!
>>
I'm 26, in my first relationship of three years. My current bf is the first person I had sex with and my first relationship. He doesn't find sex pleasurable and so he never wants it, but he's great in every other way. Essentially my ideal bf outside of the sex issue.

I *just* started dating and having sex a couple years ago and now I'm worried I'll never get to experience the sex life I'd like. I don't want to ruin what is mostly a great thing over just sex... but I already feel like I'm getting old, like the window on being a stupid 20-year old is rapidly closing, if it hasn't already.

It doesn't help that I'm bi and I've never been with another girl, which is something I'd like to do before I get old.

I don't know what to do. Right now I plan on staying with him indefinitely, but my own lack of experiences bothers me a lot.
>>
>>18073056

Do about what?
>>
>>18073079
>Expert bait
>>
>>18073104
It's not bait. I really would like advice.
>>
>>18073045
>cont.

I have a bunch of small goals, like getting /fit/ and a few creative things I'm trying to do (mostly for fun, nothing super important), but none of them really translate into a trajectory for my life. I've never been one of those guys who needs everything planned out, but I feel like I'm stagnating and wasting time/opportunities a lot. I feel like I have potential I don't know how to apply.

Mostly just don't really know what to do with my life. At all. I feel like I can either

A.) Double down on the music, either join another band or start doing my own shit because I I'm at the point where I've gotten a lot better/more professional than I'm capable of delivering with my current band, and they're not really interested in improving.

B.) Do a complete 180 and go back to school, either for a masters in something immediately marketable (if such a thing even exists anymore) or go all out for medical school or some shit (medicine is big in my family and I've always felt like it's something I could be good at and feel good about doing, even though I never really liked science class all that much and most med students I know paradoxically love science and hate people)

C.) Keep doing what I'm doing and try to develop my life as much as possible with "extracurricular" things rather than trying to switch up a career from the top down. Sometimes I feel like this is the best option because historically, improving myself and trying to have more fun in life has brought better people and better opportunities into my life organically, but it kind of feels like a copout. Like something a burnout stoner would say (I don't even smoke weed anymore).

I know my problems are pretty minute in the grand scheme of things but I guess I just want some direction from someone who's been in a similar situation. I don't like feeling like I'm gonna wake up one day in a mountain of regret getting my ass kicked by the entire world because I forgot to look ahead, yknow?
>>
When is it too late to get a good career exactly? I'm 27, only done secondary school (Britfag)

Haven't done anything with my life since I've never really cared about it, but I guess something has clicked in my head and it's either I try fix or kill myself.
>>
>>18073169
Hitler was like 35 when he got into politics and made so much of his life that nobody names their baby Adolf anymore. I don't think it's ever too late but a lot of people seem to kind of hit their stride in their 30s.

You may find yourself feeling old in starting something new, or find yourself working under /studying with someone a bit younger than you, but it's not too late for you at all and you have the advantage of worldly experience that comes with a few years of living in the real world (compared to a babyfaced 22 year old who went straight from university to daddy's firm, etc.).
>>
>>18073179
>Using hitler as an aspirational

Jesus.

Anyway it seems like to be successful you have to be beautiful or have style or a magnetic personality or some combination. I mean, at least 95% of the city workers I see are good looking, like they're all from tv adverts, making it seem academics isn't the main qualifying criteria. I mean, they're drunk at the end of every day.

It seems like IT is one of the few industries where skill and grades still count for something.
>>
>>18073179
>>18073299
Well, i'm average looks wise, could probably get a bit higher if I really took care of myself.

What's a good path in IT for me to research? Isn't programming swamped these days?
>>
>28 year old here
>Failed out of college freshman year due to grades
>Worked a few different jobs in the meantime
>Now feel ready to go back, but anxious because of past college history

What do I have to do to get back into school? Do I need to explain to someone that I really fucked up and need a second chance, or am I screwed from getting into programs?

I'm just really nervous and need someone to tell me the process on getting readmitted as a student to a different college. Do I need to give the new college my old transcripts?
>>
>>18073169
I failed college twice (more like I didn't go bevause i hated it) then worked in an office for ages.

Eventually quit from sheer boredom and did an access coutse ir whatever they're called at college to set me up to go straight to uni in a year. Studied there, left. And okay im in another office job, but it's a bit fancier and I enjoy it alot more.

Its never too late, just maybe figure out what you want to do and see if sone college access courses nearby could set you up for it.
>>
> be 24 to 25
> about to do postgraduate in my university
> still live on parents money
> great looking guy barely have decent sexual experiences with women
> problems range from premature ejaculation to sometimes full erectile dysfunction
> activities right now include fapping twice a day to porn, insane chain smoking, eating trash food
> aspire to become the president in my country one day
> afraid real life will kick me in the face really soon
>>
File: thedeathofspoony.jpg (52KB, 626x342px) Image search: [Google]
thedeathofspoony.jpg
52KB, 626x342px
>>18072738
>Yeah, I don't rant to wind up supporting someone else's kid. I know too much about biology.

Looks like finding a gf during my age is just like the cake from Portal. I guess i'll have to respond to everyone: "why i'm still single? Too many lesbians so deal with it!".
>>
>>18073053
He's not even remotely rich. He did the right thing and invested it for retirement. It's not like he won the lottery. (Even then, most of it should be invested.)

>>18073149
How much are you in to music, anon? Do you have a passion for either that or med school? You're in your 20s still. This is the time to experiment.
>>
>>18073564
Well its just like the lottery. Except he did not even have to buy a ticket. There is probably less tax on it too
>>
>>18073545
>"why i'm still single? Too many lesbians so deal with it!".

Does it ever work?
>>
>>18070868
To date women in their 20s? Yes. To date 30+ women, no. And I'm telling you this as a woman in her 20s btw. I mean, I'm sure there are 30+ women out there without kids. Maybe you can find some Bridget Jones type.
>>
>>18073625
>I mean, I'm sure there are 30+ women out there without kids. Maybe you can find some Bridget Jones type.
Are you telling me I'm fucked? That I'll have to settle for single mothers?
>>
>>18073584
It's really not. That's a shitty comparison.
>>
27 here.
How do I get my life together? Is it even possible at this point?
I don't have a degree, live with my horrible narcissistic mother and even though my job holds a nice title, it pays shit.

There's tons of other problems (lacking real friends and self esteem, single, skin problems) but I know I have to start at the base.
I'd go back to college to try and get some type of credentials but my younger self ran up quite a bit of debt while replacing emotions for stuff.
>>
>>18066787
You're baggage free, go you. The right girl will be very happy about not having to stress over her boyfriend's exes
>>
>>18073943

become an OTR truck driver.

>almost any company will accept you
>it's easy to do (no physical labor)
>the money is good
>it gives you plenty of TIME to think and figure out what your next move will be
>>
>>18072753

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society- Jiddu Krishnamurti
<3
>>
I'm 26 and have two MSc degrees, as well as several publications. However, all my life I earned cash by doing freelance and full-time writing and it's the only shit I have on my resume. I absolutely loathe writing, but I'm good at it.

How do I change careers this far into my life? I'd love to work in a lab - I have basic experience I learned during my studies and some voluntary work - but nobody wants to hire me for this position because of the crap on my resume.
>>
>>18072753
>But having someone to share my life with... I know it's stupid, but I kinda feel lately.

It's not even remotely stupid wanting to share your life with someone. It's an innate desire for everyone except psychopaths.

>I never have anything like close friends, always just acquaintances, I'm not at all an interesting person, so I am always by myself.

Oh yeah, I know that feeling, never being a direct friend to anyone, everyone's in some sort of group except you. I've barely been invited to anything.

I remember once coming home from my wageslave job going up the stairs to reach the train platform, and coming down the opposite way was a mass of people all in their 20s, good-looking and covered in colourful powders. I was still in my drab uniform but ironically stood out like a beacon. It was like this for the entire journey except for the last leg.
Man, it was isolating, I was like this grey dot moving against this mass of colour (apparently they were coming from some repackaged hindu festival for hipsters).

It's like the whole world is part of something except you.
>>
>>18066746
>Go to school to become Recording Engineer/Audio Engineer
>Love this shit!
>Get my diploma
>Alright let's get deeper into this shit!
>Oh my fucking god this shit is terrible
>Still do it because I spent good money on this bullshit
>Get contractor job for live gigs as stagehand
>Finding job in recording studio is fucking bullshit where I live
>Getting job as actual Audio Tech is abysmally difficult, as well
>Be stuck working as retard lackey under people only marginally paid better than me

When did you realise you lost control over your life, /25g/?
>>
I'm turn 25 alittle over a month and afew days,where am I supposed to be? I can't do shit for myself and stuck in limbo for the pass 7 years,women aren't an option, haven't worked a day,can't drive legally because I'm too pussy and scared of dying on the busy highways I need to travel every day , missed out on making money on the stock market I knew would have made me money but didn't jump to the opportunity now I'm looking at this shit sky rocking and remember how cheap it was over a year ago.

Life as been OK up until I started to get my shit together, you had to have a midlife crisis and destory every fucking thing you worked so damn hard for,just why?
>>
>>18072249
Don't know about passively removing ugly people but I definitely know that the average height in the city has increased.

I think I count as a manlet now.
>>
>>18069472
What kind of clothes did you get? I used to have a much easier time meeting women when i dressed better but it was always clothes my friends helped me shop for. I never actually learned how to dress nice myself short of buying $60 shirts at Dillards which I cant afford anymore.
>>
>>18067224
Dude, thats way too less. I work as a labscientist, shit is well paid, work is interesting and im cool with my team. But i have 30 days of vacation per year and i officially only have to work 37,5h per week..eventhough sometimes i have to work 9-10hours per day for a couple of weeks.

Get your vacation, or you are going to break sooner or faster
>>
Does anyone else here think just the thought of having a girlfriend, or just being in a relationship in general feel "unnatural" to you?

I was hanging out with a few friends last night, they are all chads. Well they were talking about girls and sex for hours while I was just quiet the whole time. They know I've never had a girlfriend before, and they know I've only had 2 really lousy sexual experiences which both happened 4 years ago. They kept telling me things about girls and saying "dude you don't have to try. Girls will just approach you. I've never gone after a girl, they come to me. You don't need to try blah blah" which obviously is bullshit, because girls have never approached me. But even still, everything they said all night seemed like such a foreign language to me. It's like sex/dating is nothing but Fiction
>>
>>18074567

Their experiences and your lack of experience means you have entirely different contexts for approaching this type of conversations, which explains why you struggle with understanding their viewpoints and they don't understand yours.
>>
>>18074579

I guess that makes sense. I guess the thing is, at 26, most people have had lots of sex by this age. Because even when co-workers talk about sex and relationships it just seems confusing to me.

Like honestly, the thought of sex with someone seems like Fiction in my mind. I know it's real obviously, but it still seems like fiction
>>
>>18067207
It depends what you're looking for. I was with a girl for 3 yrs and then after we broke up I didn't get laid for another 3 yrs. Then one day I met a girl and it was all easy, we fucked almost everyday for 4 yrs. Now I've been single and haven't gotten laid again for a year.

I didn't change my "game" or do anything differently over that time, I just don't get too stressed if I'm not getting laid.
>>
How do I find a job if my only experience is 4 years in a dead end job and I have no friends?
>>
>>18067336
A lot of girls like their alone time too. You can make it work if you find the right one. I was with a girl for 4 yrs that needed alone time and so do I, so living together for 2 yrs felt pretty natural.
>>
>>18067363
Don't think of it that way. You know what to do now, you know what the steps are so you can do it again.
>>
File: dog help.png (476KB, 710x533px) Image search: [Google]
dog help.png
476KB, 710x533px
>got sick in high school
>lost 50 pounds and dropped out because couldn't eat or do anything but play video games masturbate and cry
>do this for 6 fucking years
>eventually get healthier through diet and exercise
>retake high school courses at twenty fucking three
>now in university to become a vet with a bunch of people 6 years younger than i am at 25
>wont be a vet till im 31 assuming i dont crash and burn
>>
>>18074650

>>now in university to become a vet with a bunch of people 6 years younger than i am at 25
>>wont be a vet till im 31 assuming i dont crash and burn

I'm sort of in the same situation.

>I'm 26
>Just started Flight School this past autumn
>I'll finish all of my training and had my required hours by 29
>get first regional airline shit job at probably 30.
>HOPEFULLY I'll be working for a major airline where I can get comfortable when I'm 35
>>
>>18074680
on the bright side I look like im 15 so nobody even treats my like an old loser going to school way too late
>>
>>18074687

I look like I'm 20. It's quite embarrassing.

I can only imagine how my passengers will feel when I become an airline pilot. They will probably feel uneasy seeing a 21 looking year old flying them
>>
>>18074687
Where do you live? It's perfectly common for people to go to school at that age across Europe.
>>
File: 1480716437708.jpg (67KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
1480716437708.jpg
67KB, 750x714px
>>18074567
>Does anyone else here think just the thought of having a girlfriend, or just being in a relationship in general feel "unnatural" to you?
I hear you.

Its completely possible and all but its so far away and the chances of it happening are so extremely slim it might as well be fiction.

Its like going to space. I'd like to go to space, and theoretically it can happen, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
>>
I'm 27 going on 28, been with the same girl for 10 years, we have a kid together. I've lost the spark with her though, I try to relight it but I feel nothing for her. Sucks cause I can tell she wants to make it work, makes me feel bad that I haven't loved her in 2 years. I've just been faking it.

To add to that my gf from before reconnected with me and we've been hitting it off like we never broke up. We've been going back and forth on getting back together or not. I absolutely love the idea of getting back with her but I worry she's just an escape or its a nostalgia fling. She also lives 1000 miles away from me.

Fuck I barely know what I want anymore
>>
>>18074780
>27 years olds
>been with my girl for a decade
>have a kid with her

and you want to get back together with a girl you dated as a 17 year old?

I weep for your child
>>
>>18074772

That's mostly how I feel Tbh. Sometimes I think it'd be nice to have a girlfriend. But realistically it won't happen for another 5 years
>>
>>18074780
If you don't love her anymore, you should've went to marriage counseling, and if that didn't work, gotten divorced. What is the kid going to think when they figure this out themself? Divorce with a kid is always messy. Get to a marriage counselor and get to the bottom of this!
>>
>>18074567
Oh yeah, definitely. They have conversations about girls and sex and I only have a vague understanding of it. So I tend to duck out before that topic pops.

But to be honest if games, comic books and other geek crap wasn't as popular as it is now, I'd probably wouldn't understand the other stuff they talk about.
>>
So, I have this pen pal who lives on the other side of the world. I think I'm developing feelings for her.

I hate my life..
>>
>>18074334
I hear corporate audio (like live sound for events and stuff) is where the best jobs/pay are. The move seems to be get a /comfy/ job that isn't too much of a grind, and then start a studio for fun/as a side job. If the latter goes well you can scale it up and make it your full-time thing, otherwise you have a /comfy/ corporate audio gig.
>>
>>18066895
Good for you, anon. I'm in my 40s and didn't seek professional help until a few years back. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
>>
>>18067202
Hey, I was a virgin into my 30s. Now I'm married to a wonderful woman. Do not give up on yourself!
>>
>>18067287
I am 43 and in full mid-life crisis mode. I'm also married and I find it intensely rewarding. But marriage is a lot of work, so bear that in mind.

Anon, you sound like you are doing better than me in life, desu. You have a career, while I am stuck atm in a dead-end job. Count your blessings, because it sounds like you have a lot to offer.

While you are still single, travel as much as you can. Once you have done that, ask yourself what you really want. Start dating with a mind to marriage if you want to start a family. If you don't know what you want right now, don't worry...you have plenty of time to figure it out.
>>
>>18075228
>>18074334
As much as home recording has changed the industry, there is still money to be made in mastering. Everyone has to send their work off to be mastered after recording.

>>18075461
I'm 34, a beautiful, healthy woman showing interest in me is a concept beyond my comprehension. My brain, heart, and balls would explode if that happened.
>>
>>18066746
I'm 25, let's be honest: is it gonna be better or worse from now on?
>>
>>18075461

How did that happen?

Have you had girlfriends before tho?
>>
>>18075610
It can be better, but you're going to have to put in a lot of work to make it better. It isn't going to magically get better. There is no justice.
>>
>>18075665
The thing is, that I've been trying to "achieve my dreams" in the past few years and I'm slowly giving up, because of no results. Tried to work as hard as possible and training myself as much as I can, but the fact that I still miss something bothers me so much, especially since I don't know what did I miss.

>no justice

So is it all about luck?
>>
>>18075674
The just world fallacy is quite possibly the worst thing children are taught by society. It breeds entitlement, laziness, and conditions people that they "deserve" whatever fate they're handed. This discourages people from taking actions that could influence another's life in a positive way.

The fact you had to ask if it's luck means you believe in the just world fallacy. It doesn't exist! Get that out of your head now!

It's mostly privilege but there is a sprinkle of luck and a dash of hard work involved.
>>
>>18075674
>but the fact that I still miss something bothers me so much, especially since I don't know what did I miss.

Socialising with people who aren't arseholes? I'm 99% sure if I had better friends I'd be a lot more confident and social. But you know, that's the cards I've been dealt.
>>
File: 1487844979708.jpg (58KB, 480x629px) Image search: [Google]
1487844979708.jpg
58KB, 480x629px
>Im going to marriage counseling but i hate it. I feel so stupid for staying. Like i sold out. She cheated.
>>
>>18066895
It sucks not to live in Canada.
>>
>>18075471
I'm almost your age, not in full mythlife crisis and still single. The time passes i don't give a rat's arse about what i'm going to do with my life cuz death is lways around the corner the moment you don't expect.
>>
File: 1458515928306.gif (2MB, 320x165px) Image search: [Google]
1458515928306.gif
2MB, 320x165px
what does it mean when women, who you don't know, smile at you? Does it mean they think you are good looking? Is it an invitation to approach and talk to them?
>>
>>18073615
At least they'll shut up and stop answering that dumb question for good.

>>18073625
Nah, those women just want me into the friendzone and i don't want that and i feel that my dating era came to an end years ago. The dating game ends after 30's and beyond.

>>18073658
You don't wanna get fucked? Stay away from milfs.
>>
File: Untitled.png (14KB, 551x241px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 551x241px
Help me pick a girl, /adv/. I've made a comparison chart for you.

If it matters, I don't want kids, but I'm willing to pretend that I do while I'm dating (and deal with the repercussions later).
>>
>>18076313
Neither, for sure, what's wrong with you
>>
>>18076319
What's wrong with me is that I don't want kids; I'd rather spend my money on cool shit, rather than diapers and soccer uniforms.

But not wanting kids is a deal-breaker to most women. So I have to pretend I'm interested in starting a family, otherwise I can't date.
>>
File: 1439652724109.jpg (126KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1439652724109.jpg
126KB, 633x758px
>tell myself I'm going to cook tonight instead of eating out
>get lazy on the way home from work and go to a noodle place
>tell myself since I didn't spend time making dinner I can go to the gym
>end up watching youtube videos until it's too late to go
>mfw I'm wasting my mid-20's in front of a computer while my body deteriorates and I do nothing productive whatsoever
>>
>>18076326
Well that's just not true. Especially once you get past college age, when the people desperate to breed have mostly paired off.
>>
>>18076356
I'm just so fuckin tired.. Why is life so hard? I have like half a dozen tabs open to articles or videos that I cba to even read/watch.
I'm unhappy and every night I try to think of a couple things that I could do to improve things. Last night nothing came to mind. It just seems hopeless.
>>
Does there come a point in life where it's okay to give up? I don't see any future for myself. The only thing I want to do is sleep.
>>
I'm old and I don't know shit. When I was 20 I had all the answers though. I knew everything! I guess I forgot it all.
>>
I really need to get good with time-management. I always put off important stuff to do until the literal last minute. It's actually pretty pathetic how bad I am with time, even when I got a date last week, I was leaving the house the exact time we were supposed to meet, got there late and I could tell she was mad, then we met again another day and I was late by 20 minutes. I feel so awful about how bad I am with time, I put off studying for tests until it's way too late and when it ought to be crunch time. I don't know what happened along the way to make me like this.
>>
>>18076375

The universe tends to disorder, and you're mentally weak.
>>
>>18076524
You're not bad at managing time, you just don't give a shit about any of those things.

Do things that you are passionate about and the problem will alleviate itself. Be honest with yourself (and other people)

Its time.
>>
As I get older I'm growing more and more depressed on how fucked my Generation is. The millennial generation is a fucking joke. I feel embarrassed that my Gen is this liberal dick sucking cesspool, where people can't use their free thinking minds on decisions but will back Celebrities just because they idealize them.
>>
>>18076743
What makes you think that's true? Maybe our generation is just, empathetic, care about people, and want to make the world better unlike most conservatives.
Besides, younger people have generally been more liberal than their parents on some issues.
>>
At 30, I am THAT fucking close to finally be successful in my life.
THAT close.
Fate, if you let me down once more in the following days, I'm... just going to sulk, in an angry fashion.
>>
>>18067270
>When they broke up for a month, it seemed like he was really happy. He suddenly had more energy, he was always smiling, he said he felt such relief.

I've been there. It's like a huge weight being lifted off your shoulders.
t. 29 year old.
>>
>>18077243
Same here. The next day I just felt free and every say after that. Sure, she was a wreck.

Told her all she had to do was cut this friend out of the picture and we would've had such a stronger relationship, at least, on my end

(the friend was her close cousins ex girlfriend who latched onto my gf when the cousin dumped the dead weight. both influenced each other to the point of ex gf changing when in her presence)

31yr old
>>
26 and I just had to break up with a girl I liked because she couldn't decide between me and her ex, so I did for her by bailing out.

I really hate being male at this age. You have to take all these responsability, you have to suck it up because "dude you're a man now, act like one". If I could just sleep all day instead of going to work, that would be great.
>>
>>18077243

I tried a relationship one time. I don't think I'm capable of having one. I was friends with this girl for a while, and we ended up liking each other, so we decided to start dating. Literally from the day we started dating I started to get a lot of anxiety. A ton actually. The thing is the girl literally didn't do anything wrong to me. But just because I was "in a relationship" it terrified me and I got really sick. She tried to help me but I couldn't do it so I left. As soon as I ended things my anxiety lifted, and like you said I felt like a 100000ton weight came off my shoulders.

So.. I don't think I'm capable of having a girlfriend. I felt that shitty and she never even did anything wrong.
>>
>>18077544
I think you're just not accustomed to being in a relationship. You need time to acclimate. I also suspect you subconsciously self-sabotaged your relationship. What is it that you're afraid of?
>>
>>18077658

We were only dating for like 2 weeks before I broke it off. During that time, the only thing that had changed between us is she's kiss me. Otherwise nothing had actually changed. But even still, I woke up everyday really anxious. My appetite went away, and I was always stressed.
>>
28 here and i've got some good advice to help you guys. I had crippling social anxiety, felt emotionally desensitized. Was hard to feel happy in general.

So here are some things that majorly helped me.

Exercise and caring about my health. I cannot overstate how much people under estimate how insanely good this is at dealing with a lot of issues. I didn't believe it myself until I started doing it.

After a month of exercise and eating better my anxiety is much better. I find it much easier to laugh at things in general. It takes much more to bother me than before. It takes much less to put me in a good mood than before. I feel much better in general. I'm magically much more sociable than I used to be. And that's just the start of things. That's just after 1 month. Imagine how good i'll feel in a year of doing this.

You want to exercise smart though. What your personal body image/physical ability goals are will determine what type of workout routine you use to get them. And you want to pick the smartest most optimal routines you can get to get those results as quickly as possible. Don't exercise. Train. Training is as hard as exercise but gets you way better results.

I still had some left over social anxiety and I found a way to deal with that too. This is going to sound really hard to do because it's something your social anxiety doesn't want you to do, but do this. Next time you're socializing and you have social anxiety, bring it up and talk about it. At first you will feel really nervous admitting this and worry about the awkward consequences of admitting this. Then you have to say why you feel anxious. When you get everything off your chest you will suddenly feel much better. And then, you will socialize with them while you are feeling much better and be relaxed and have fun with them the rest of the hangout.And the next time you socialize with anyone, you will remember how good you felt last time and be able to be that relaxed and comfortable again.
>>
>>18067211
49 yrs here .. haven't had a woman in 5 years and will have a hard time fitting one into current schedule of doing what I want. Miss it occasionally but the endless troubles (some) women imply plus how much I enjoy the stuff I do on my own time ... Not likely I'll go get myself another.
>>
>>18077713

I'm 26 and haven't been with a girl in 6 years. I think I'll be just like when as I get older
>>
>>18077734
Just do you and see if anything of interest shows up .. if not you will, like me, just have a good time wo. having to consider what an SO would have of opinions on what you want to do. I still get hit on pretty often, I just choose to ignore it/turn them down because I can't be arsed with the commitment ladder climbing all women eventually brings forth
>>
>>18077754

>I still get hit on pretty often

Where are you when this happens? I'm literally never around girls.
>>
>>18077776
Bars, social events, cafes, the gym, the bloody library even .. I get out/go out a lot with friends
>>
>>18077803

Oh, yeah I don't do any of that. I do go to the gym, but it's a small gym and I've never seen girls there.
>>
>>18077818
Start doing it then .. what could you lose ? My gym isn't big either but no shortage of girls/women ..
>>
>>18077829

Well, I've been to bars before. But I don't like the environment, loud and crowded. As far as social events, I don't really know what to go to. Sometimes Airshows, but generally there isn't many girls there, and if their is they are with people. Majority of people at airshows anyways are families.

No not at my gym. Usually when I go there is only like 2-3 guys, I've seen a woman one time, but she was older and likely married. It's very quiet there.
>>
>>18077843
Idk .. perhaps sign up for voluntary work to just start meeting ppl and get used to smalltalk/being around others would help you. I have, as stated, no problem with being single as I'm not lonesome and have had enough women/sex to last me a lifetime or more. Got divorced five yrs ago and have been pursuing my own interests since. Then again I'm almost twice your age and can see the problem from a younger guys perspective.
>>
>>18077877

I dunno, I'm generally already pretty busy between my schooling, working fulltime, and occasionally going to the gym. So, the freetime I do have I generally prefer to just watch TV. I guess I'm mostly used to it tho.

As far as sex goes. I've only had sex once when I was 20, and it was a pretty bad experience Tbh. I didn't enjoy it at all. I only did it to "lose my v-card".
>>
>>18077890
Gotta make time for putting yourself out there .. it's healthy, trust me. As for sex .. well, your first time sucked as did mine even if I did it with a girl I loved (but we got better). I can only imagine that doing it with someone for whom one has no feelings or just pure sexual attraction towards would make it tideous and kill all joy as result
>>
>>18077904

meh I dunno. Maybe in a few more years when I move.
>>
>>18077908
Your call dude .. take your time, but consider what I've said here. Best of wishes for a future near or a little farther away where you are as contend and happy as can be.
>>
>>18077931

Thanks
>>
>>18066746
31, I have it all figured out for me

my life is: working / fucking hookers /working / fucking hookers / working / fucking hookers etc

I keep the vast part of my brain switched off. my appartment lacks cleaning and furniture. my garden is a mess. I stopped all my hobbies. working and fucking. I have a couple of friends, but the ones in LTR become more and more like actual aliens.

I think I would feel much more purposeful with kid, a wife, building a house, but it all seems so unrewarding. I have zero relationship exp, I'm fat. I don't want fatties or single moms, no.

highschool was a mindfuck, making mysellf into something to work with in the first place cost me YEARS in my twenties. idgaf anymore, I just keep working and fucking.
>>
>>18077942
>highschool was a mindfuck, making mysellf into something to work with in the first place cost me YEARS in my twenties. idgaf anymore, I just keep working and fucking

Can you explain this more. I'm more than halfway through my 20s. I'm the 26yo who posted a few above you.
>>
>>18076485
I think society/government won't let you die till you paid your debt for being raised.
>>
>>18077955
I was in a pressure chamber: me not having any original idea what to do (but needing a HS-diploma for uni) my lying 68er-liberal teachers, my ultra conservative parents, my MTV-deluded wealthier peers. I had sex and acquired some experience with girls, but whatever. KHV ever since. It all became worse and worse.
I escaped that mess with the worst HS-diploma my school ever issued, smoking half a pack a day, actual alcoholism round the corner, fat with mantits, social pariah. obviously psychologically exhausted.

right after HS I was enrolling at a distant uni, and that new level of freedom just worked like a massive massive booster for my tobacco and alcohol consumption. also weight gain and depression.
Paradox then issued EU3 and sent me into another 2 solid years of solitude, pizza, beer and fapping. I thus created a rather stressless environment and over the years I figured out a couple of things (watch j b peterson for a shortcut), got a job, started working out, stopped smoking, cut the useless drinking (working drunk is the worst), graduated at 29. Started own company and now fucking a lot of women in their asses on the regular.
Still, social settings without business opportunities (i.e. parties) look like an arid desert to me. Women are worth nothing.

However, that took YEARS. And after uni, you got to work like mad and have little nerve for working out, eating healthy and gather social experience. time just runs by, bills fly in, that's it.

>>18074680
>>18074650
>>18077734
which one?
>>
>>18078212

Damn dude that's rough.

But I was both the 1st and 3rd post you linked
>>
>>18078223
are you concerned you're too late to find a lovely girl to marry? And establish a resilient relationship?
>>
>>18078292
dunno if you're still lurking, but here's your answer: female 'love' is unstable and largly a myth. find someone you can outpace (they age too) and become a boxing pro
>>
>>18078292
>>18078320

no, I'm not interested in getting married or having kids.

Hell, its not even sex that I want. I just wish I had some female company.
>>
>>18078346
that's fine, but I can't really help you with that. just never make it obvious is all I can say.
>>
>>18067207
Other than prostitutes, I haven't been with anyone since my ex three years ago. At this point it seems almost ludicrous that a woman will ever want to have sex with me again.
>>
>>18078320
>Misogyny and subtle faggotry

Always pops up in these type of threads.

It's like they forgot all the ass-kickings Chad gave and turned all their hate onto women.
>>
>>18078346
>I just wish I had some female company.

Me too.
>>
>>18078753
neither Chad
nor you
know what you are talking about

also
>For the old fucks on this board, give advice and help your fellow oldies who's struggling in today's insane world
>>
>>18078794
>today's insane world
>>
>>18078756

I have female friends, but they all live in other countries.
>>
>>18077673
You should go see a therapist. I have a feeling this will happen again. You need to get to the root of the problem.
>>
>>18079218

Not comfortable talking about relationship stuff.

I'm just going to avoid anything past platonic friendship with girls from now on. Fuck dealing with that stress again. I don't need that in my life.
>>
I'm 28.

I'm sitting here needing some direction. My car is in the shop and I probably won't get it back until next wednesday. That significantly messed up my mobility and I'll have to give up some jobs because of it.

I need to make some cash online. The survey sites are such a low return for how much time you put in. I'm not looking for 800 bucks in one shot. That'd be nice but not practical. I just need a source of legitimate ONLINE income.
>>
>>18079447
I can't help you with some short term income ideas but I can give you some advice you probably already know. Telling you again may reinforce it and prevent you from being in this situation again. Sucks about your situation but know you can prevent it, the next time around.

Always have some money set aside for emergencies. At least a couple thousand if you can manage, and if not at least a thousand. It's helped me on more than one occasion for those unexpected rainy days.
>>
>>18066787
yeah it is late, but it doesn't necessarily matter. i didn't date a girl until a month before i turned 26. kissless virgin. now i'm normalish, have had long term and casual relationships. it takes a while to catch up but whatever.
>>
i'm 28.

i just got my offer on a house accepted today.

wew.
>>
>>18079447
>I just need a source of legitimate ONLINE income.
too fucking bad
>>
>>18078896
Online friends don't count.
>>
>>18081710

Why? Some, I've become quite close with on personal levels.
>>
26, getting money per month for faking an schizo thing after quiting my gf, job, college audio thing, now im searching a cheap place out of my parent basement to make computer music with 3 screen and eventually become the next luke vibert/ aphex twin, im super happy and confident, i like 4 chan and uncyclopedia and starcraft grandmaster stream and you
>>
>>18081904
Maybe you aren't faking it.
>>
>>18081962
maybe, your right, but its confortable now, at the mental hospital ive come to understand what they do
>>
File: 1448043812348.jpg (83KB, 604x588px) Image search: [Google]
1448043812348.jpg
83KB, 604x588px
People at my work now know that I am a 25 yo khv.
I've never told anybody but ofc some retard did trigger it by asking about if I had a gf.

What should I do?
How will I be considered now?
>>
>>18082074

>retard triggered it

He probably then asked you if you've had sex before, then he probably asked "have you even kissed a girl???" Didn't he?
>>
>>18082094
Yes
>>
>>18082220

That sucks.

They'll just crack jokes infront of you a lot. I've had sex one time many years ago, but even still my huge lack of experience shows because my co-workers make jokes infront of me a lot
>>
>>18077942
working on a house will get you fit. just get a really fucked up house that you have to fix. either you fix it up or youll start living like a crackhead in squalor with your hookers and all, but odds are youll want to make your house better
>>
>>18076541

Heh you're right. I am not motivated by the things I'm currently doing but then again I always operate best when I feel like I'm under pressure. I don't know what's going on with me.
>>
>>18081816

Not him.

They still don't count.
>>
Just remember, regardless the age, stay from heroin, only makes things worst.
>>
>>18082220
What's your relationship like with your peers?
>>
>>18079447
You ever looked into match betting? Takes a bit of time, but it is far better than surveys.
>>
>>18083064
Limited.
We just talk and laugh sometimes.

Otherwise we're not buddies or anything.

He didn't try to make fun of me.
He just asked a mundane question, but the way I answered made it clear that I am alone.

I can't fool anyone either, being a 26yo khv is printed on my face...
People are often surprised when I tell them that I went to a bar with a girl...so imagine if I faked a gf.
>>
>>18082274
good idea, but I can't afford a house right now, I'm saving though.
also I'm self employed and have no time for 'fixing a house', topkek I don't even make it do the gym at least once week anymore
>>
>>18083164
>Limited.
>We just talk and laugh sometimes.
>Otherwise we're not buddies or anything.
>He didn't try to make fun of me.
>He just asked a mundane question, but the way I answered made it clear that I am alone.

That's not too bad I guess.

It's not printed on your face persay, since know will know unless they're given pause for thought.
>>
315 is the limit right?
>>
>>18072699
Bump on this! Any married or divorced anons with advice?
>>
>>18085005
The thread has reached the post limit.

Create a new one.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.