[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

making friends in your 20s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So all friends that i had in high school but all of them have gone their separate ways and lost contact. I took time before going to collage due to enlisting but im back now and im going in this upcoming fall. Work is all 30-something y/o that i have nothing in common and they think im too young to bother having a conversation with.

TLDR: has anyone gone through this time period where they took a break before going to collage? did you make friends when you did go? Do things change or in a sense get better?

Im just at a weird spot in time where its just work then my apartment. Any advice to help get through this mundane time?
>>
A little about me
>tx
>20
>female
>into many variety of things (some animes, i watch a lot of youtube, im a /mil/ fag. Ect)
> work in an animal clinic
>hate job
>no direction in life
>drink when i get time
>>
>>18066612
that's just how life after hs is

my only friend is someone i knew in hs and i rarely see her

my life is pretty much just chores, work, sleep and aniime at this point
>>
I think the current meme advice is "hobbies"
>>
>>18066657
hobbies work if you want hobby freinds

i played with a group for over a year but it ended at board games
>>
>>18066663
Hey man board games can be fun :(
>>
>>18066669
i love board games too, but the freindships never developed past that
>>
>>18066634
>>drink when i get time

Stop this.

>>>into many variety of things (some animes, i watch a lot of youtube, im a /mil/ fag. Ect)

Go to your closest gaming store and play some D&D or MtG, go to a book store and check out flyers for any events you might enjoy, go to a gun range-preferably with a semi-unique firearm, camp out at a renfaire (populated by equal part hippies, nerds, military historians, and survivalists) and just walk into random camps to introduce yourself.

>>18066657

That's because you're never going to meet a new person if you don't ever go any place with other people. If all you do is go home and watch youtube, drink, and play games, you'll never actually meet anyone.

>>18066720

Do you ever host game night? Invite people to go hang out and have some drinks or grab a bite to eat somehwere AFTER the game? Do you hang out and talk when not playing?

If all you do is show up, play, then leave- or all the people around you do the same- then you'll be stuck.
>>
>>18066612
..Which part of Texas? I'll be your friend :)
>>
>>18067479
kinda hard when you play from 6 ish until 3 am

but i had to move and the board game scene here is way fucking worse
>>
>>18067658
>kinda hard when you play from 6 ish until 3 am

You don't have to do nothing but play ever game from 9 hours where you avoid non-game related conversation, eating, drinking, and other kinds of socializing.

There's inevitably the situation where someone shows up earlier/later and you have to do something other than play the game until they/others show up.
>>
>>18067687
we did talk about other stuff but it never coalesced into plans outside of game night
>>
>>18067705

Where do you play? If there's a place to eat/drink before or after the game starts/ends, or as a break after hours of playing, that's a great place to start.

If you're playing at someone's house or hosting, then bringing a meal is also another good ice breaker.

And if you aren't clicking with one group of folks, nothing says you can't play with others.
>>
>>18067492
Mckinney/ Allen area
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.