[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lack of focus,attention and concentration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: shes+easyo+n+the+jesse.jpg (14KB, 530x349px) Image search: [Google]
shes+easyo+n+the+jesse.jpg
14KB, 530x349px
I have a problem I'd like to share, It's started since I was 13yo, now I'm 18 its taking a serious toll on my life, especially since I'm about to become an adult.
I seriously have no attention span, I suffer from lack of concentration and I had a trouble with studies because of that, I dropped out school cause I couldn't concentrate on maths, physics and chemistry, I also have no basics in them cause all I did to make it in my teen years was cheating
I thought maybe scientific subjects aren't for me and that it's no big deal but this shit affects my daily life as well, I have problems with work, family and friends, I'm always depressed guilty and clumsy as fuck, and I can't use my brain to work properly and put some mental effort and I always fuck things up; being physically weak as well doesn't help and make things worse.
I tried going to gym for like 5 months I improved physically then I suddenly stopped because I simply lost motivation and will power, I became tired and I quit

I'm not trying to make excuses, I wish I could put this feeling into words, In the end I'm responsible for whatever happened in my life and I blame myself only.

I should make a change now, I tried many things and whenever I make some real progress I return to my nature, it's always temporary so what should I do?
>>
Forgot to add I'm considering suicide , If I don't change by the time I'm 20, I'll probably end it
>>
>>18066480
you probably have ADHD-i. tell a psychiatrist what you just wrote. personally, I found a mid-sized dose of Vyvanse solved all my problems. that was almost 10 years ago and it still works well. you can also take an online test to narrow down how likely it might be, before spending money on an appointment.
>>
i have crazy attention issues due to major depression since i was 14... it got so bad this year grades dropped etc so i started wellbutrin and it gave me energy and helped me focus... the improvement was amazing.... even if wellbutrin isn't the right medicine for you a psychiatrist can definitely help you find one that works
>>
>>18066480
Like >>18066611 they said, depression can cause what you are describing. I would recommend you regularly exercise. 3 days/week, 10-30 minutes depending on how much you're into exercising.

I'm 23 and I've had trouble with attention and such, especially during my bad periods. If it is solely depression causing this then it will blow over and you'll feel better eventually. You just have to seek out help, I'd recommend contacting your doctor and describing your issue to them.

It'll get better with some work, just give it a chance.
>>
>>18066578
Thank you for your reply anon; I never took these types of disorders seriously
>>
>>18066624
I tried the gym but nothing change, I'll give it a try again
>>
>>18066611
Thank you anon, I can't believe this is an actual condition, should I pick wellbrutin or Vyvanse?
>>
>>18066632
>>18066641
Before self-diagnosing, how many real friends do you have? Do you have any goals or ideals for the future or did you just get through school "because you had to"?
>>
>>18066674
Well, I made some friends, I'm your typical nice friendly guy so I managed to win the trust of a lot people, however recently I left social media and cut off a lot of IRL friends, I only have 2 left, one who lives next me so I can't escape him, the other guy is the only person who can handle my shit so I need him.

As for school, yea back when I was there I had a goal, I wanted to graduate and become a professor lmao
>>
>>18066480
Stay off the internet

That is seriously 100% the cause

>>18066578
It likely isnt ADHD, I didnt have this problem until I spent large portions of my time on the internet. After a few days off it I could already focus much better and felt clearer.
>>
>>18066687
A professor for what? Did you go to college as well? Those are the things you have to remember and focus on so when your motivation tends to dip, you can always reassure yourself. Your friends are also supposed to be there for that as well. Even if it's just two, most people wittle their social circle down to the core three after 21. From here on out, it's mostly going to be you standing on your own energy since you're not forced to socialize anymore.

Do these friends push/ support your ideas and congratulate you when you make accomplishments? Do they take you out and make just as much an effort for the future or do they stagnate and waste time?
>>
>>18066743
I've been off the internet for a long time back at highschool, my parents took my laptop so I can study, but nothing changed, it was yet another shitty school year, also recently I've been off for like 1 month and a half, same old but it isn't a huge period of time so I can't tell
>>
>>18066641
wellbutrin. i had every single one of your symptoms and I pulled a literal 180
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.