[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sociopath test

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What are some definite ways of telling someone is a sociopath?

I was living with a girl that, in my opinion was an emotional narcissist. Everything matched up with what I read online and she showed a lot of the symptoms like
>gasslighting
>"Yeah ok, but I did X because you did Y!" every time I brought up a problem that made me feel bad
>Self-apologetic, brings up her past as an excuse for stuff
>calls me unapologetic and calls me out on having no remorse when I drag the truth out of her and get emotions over the things she says (even though I never hit/yell at her or anything of the likes)
>Caught her lying/not telling the entire truth several times, she excuses it with "I didn't want to hurt you cause I love you!" or "Why don't you ever take the nice things I did for you into consideration?!"
>often jealous beyond comprehension and logic
>our arguments are like Carl Sagan (me) versus Pissed Cat (her)
But:
>She's been loving and caring
>has taken care of me in bad times
>tries to show that she loves me quite often
>has done selfless things to help me out in situations where I didn't even ask for her help
>struggles with a whole lot of issues regarding family and friends that preoccupy her time
>I haven't always showed my love towards her, a bit because of the aforementioned stuff and also because I have been reserved of emotions cause I don't want to get hurt
>I always thought her to be too good to be true and acted accordingly

Are there any definite ways to find out if she's a narcissist or if she just has weak moments that make her act that way?
>>
>>18066425
Doesnt sound like narcissism or sociopathy at all to me.. Sounds like if anything extreme insecurity..

She has to defend herself constantly and make you the bad guy or make excuses and exonerate herself because shes one of those.

The kind that just doesn't realise she can be a shitty person sometimes and that that is normal, and ok, and not something to collapse emotionally over.
>>
>>18066433
Trust me mang. I was best friends with a legit sociopath. You dont need dr google nor do you look at that person and think "could they be a sociopath?" because you fucking know. Theyre on a whole new level of lies and self absorption.
>>
>>18066425
Doesn't look like sociopath or narcisist.
Very much seems like my girlfriend.
Maybe she's still struggling with a lot of past shit and that makes her always feel the need to protect herself with excuses instead of arguing using logic.
>>
>>18066425
sociopaths are people like Jeff Bezos, or Mark Zuckerberg. it's very easy to see how artificial and self-constructed their entire facade of a personality is, and how they do not care at all about other people and value only increases to their own power and wealth regardless of the harm done to others. every action is calculated.
>>
>>18066425
>Are there any definite ways to find out if she's a narcissist or if she just has weak moments that make her act that way?
Narcissism isn't a disease.
You don't come down with narcissism.
You aren't born with narcissism.

Narcissism is the name behavior-studying scientists and clinicians have given to a recognizable, predictable pattern of behaviors.
Being a narcissist is like being a nose-picker. We've all picked our noses. We don't consider everyone a Nose-Picker.

We all engage in self-centered behaviors. Whether or not someone's immaturity, manipulations, and self-centered worldview (things we're all sometimes guilty of) are deal-breakers for you should be taken on a case-by-case basis, not because they fit a clinical definition for a personality disorder.

That said, she sounds like an immature, dishonest, manipulative person who you would be better off without.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.