[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any medfags here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: kidney.jpg (30KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
kidney.jpg
30KB, 350x263px
Let's hypothetically assume one wishes to die, but also wants to make someone else happy. They become an organ donor. What is the best way to preserve the organs, so that nothing is wasted? (I guess headshot seems good in this respect, but what then?) Should the suicider lay in a tube of ice for example? How long do they have to scavenge the organs? Should the blood be taken out or left within the body?
>>
Organs are never harvested from dead people. They all come from braindead people that still have a heartbeat. Good luck trying to achieve that without making yourself a potato - with just enough brain function to shit yourself and eat through a tube until you die.

If you want to help others, volunteer.
>>
>how can I die without damaging anything

Ask the autistic AI overlord.

I hear good sushi chefs can kill a fish painlessly by stabbing it directly in the brain stem. Death is instant, and the product even tastes better supposedly.

Don't bother trying this, just fix your bullshit.
>>
>>18065989
Yeah, then why would anybody ever become a donor?
poor bait
>>
>>18065993
Literally google it you underage edgelord

Shit happens all the time in car crashes which is why your driver's license has your donor status on it.
>>
You should watch the movie Seven Pounds.
>>
>>18065993
That anon worded it poorly.

Basically, if a body goes stiff and its blood runs cold then most of the stuff is already no good anymore. Hence the term "expired."
>>
>>18066000
It also takes 24 hours to arrange an organ harvestation, by which time all the important shit has gone bad. Basically the only thing dead people can donate are their eyes.
>>
>>18066000
>>18066004
Hmm.
But then again in our hypothetical situation one may arrange quite a lot. What's the problem with harvestation? Can't they speed it up? Can't one tell them to start it beforehand(as stupid as it would sound)?
>>
>>18066016
You are not going to get away with calling a hospital and saying "hey, i'm going to kill myself, sharpen your scalpels"

Seriously, get therapy. It's not as bad as it seems. You especially seem young, you shouldn't make such a serious decision when you've barely begun living.
>>
>>18066026
I know this seems unlikely, but fuck - this question is really, actually hypothetical in nature. I was just wondering.
>>
>>18066032
That's good to hear.

Well, since the organs expire quickly, and doctors need time to prep, the most ridiculous hypothetical would be arranging the person's death at the hospital.

Without oxygen, the organs deteriorate quickly. This is why brain dead people make up all donors, because all the paperwork can be done while they're on a ventilator. When it's time, the ventilator is removed, legal death is declared, then it's time to slice n dice. For a person with full brain function that can breathe on their own, you'd have to stop doing that. Maybe a nurse could kill you with a pillow. I'd think that drug euthanasia would damage what they wanted. Violent methods like a shotgun would cause massive bleeding, and since there's no oxygenated blood in the tissue it will expire faster.

Here is a good article. http://www.donatelife.gov.au/understanding-donation-process
>>
>>18066048
Thank you, I guess this solves it.
So it would seem that the only beneficial way there may be to actually attempt so would be some black market stuff. Well, that's some fine irony if you ask me.
>>
>>18066065
Haha, yes, I didn't think about that.

In a way that's a better deal, though. You give your parts, and get thousands of dollars to donate to charity as a bonus.
>>
>>18066073
yeah, but not really. I mean - imagine this:
"hi, are you a blackmarket doctor?"
"yep"
"ok, so that's the deal: you cut all my insides, sell them and donate part of the cash to this account"
[he grins evilly]

I mean, how do you ensure the cash will go where you wan't it, once you're dead? Someone would need to actually sell you. But then again nobody who has any good intentions toward you will let you do this, and those with bad intentions bring us to square one.
Man, dying is complicated
>>
Brain dead people are often still moving, but they're gone and not coming back. Definitions of brain death vary, but generally it means a person has irrecoverably lost their ability to maintain even involuntary actions. It's like a CPU that will never boot again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Schiavo_case

A lot of people thought she was conscious and responsive. Doctors were trying any experimental therapy they could think of, hoping to work a miracle and go down in history. Nothing worked.
>>
>>18066095
yes, I know. What does it have to do with the topic again?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.