/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boredom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1480903554781.jpg (247KB, 746x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480903554781.jpg
247KB, 746x1024px
I don't understand why I feel this way, it feels so strange and foreign. It's just this horrible, crippling boredom. Nothing interests me anymore, even my interest in world politics and reading is fading and its freaking me out. Things used to entertain me and make me feel like I was spending time doing something worth my time. I used to like drawing, working out, video games, going out with friends, etc. Now none of it seems to appeal to me anymore. It's not even like I dont like doing those things anymore or I suddenly hate them or something. I'm just so tired of it all, none of it seems appealing. Most nights I find myself just clicking through the same pages online over and over again in a loop. Trying to turn on a movie or video game or SOMETHING to try and crack through and get my brain going somehow, but none of it works.

How do I escape this feeling? I just want to have something again. Hobbies, drive, passion, happiness that actually feels real and not fleeting.
>>
>>18065412

this kind of boredom reeks of someone who has too many stimulants to pick from and/or has little to no physical activity level to speak of.
>>
>>18065419
I feel the same way as OP a lot of the time. Getting a lot of sun helps, go on a long 20+ minute walk as early in the day as you can. So does strenuous exercise, lifting, sprints, skateboarding. But its still not the same as it was when you were in high school. I can't play WoW all night while losing track of the time or be so interested in a book that I finish it in one sitting. Maybe that doesn't come back, you can still enjoy things, but to expect to enjoy them at the level you did when you were a kid may be the issue.
>>
File: salvar.jpg (37KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
salvar.jpg
37KB, 500x390px
>>18065412
I'm sorry if i can't help you but i can relate to this.

I've been through this phase for 4 years straight. Depression diagnosis made it worse. Now i'm slowy crawling out of it. Started to play one or two games again, started playing my guitar again...

But sometimes i catch myself scrolling through 4chan, facebook, etc for hours and hours straight. This sensation is the most terrible thing i ever felt. This is worse than any pain desu. Maybe >>18065419 is right in the end.

Let me ask you something so i can look deeper into this: Are you studying/working? Anything (even foreign language schools or Powerpoint classes)

Also, do you drink alcohol or smoke cigars/weed?
>>
>>18065456
>Maybe that doesn't come back, you can still enjoy things, but to expect to enjoy them at the level you did when you were a kid may be the issue.

yes, this. i still dearly love video games from my youth and the place they hold in my heart is still strong and evocative, but i'm not the same person and I don't have it in me to play those games as I am now. I play different ones or find different tasks. and it should be ok to grow up because we all do it in some metric.

but when I felt the kind of boredom OP describes its because I wasn't engaging in any neanderthalishly strenuous and satisfying physical activity like a human should be.
>>
>>18065419
This hits pretty close to home in regards to too many stimulants to pick from. Maybe if I try cutting everything down and focusing on one or two things to really work towards it could help. My life as of now is work all day 7-7 five days a week, come home too mentally exhausted for any other activities, end up doing nothing then just go to sleep and get up for work for the same cycle next day. I thought I'd be able to look forward to days off since I have all these things at my disposal but they just dont do it for me anymore and I start wishing I was at work so I was doing *something*

>>18065466
I had a spell of depression the last time I was in school and I flunked out of my classes. I've been working a full time job since then. I honestly don't know if Im going to go back, none of the classes or anything really pique my interests. I want to study a dead language and learn an instrument eventually but the work leaves me so mentally and emotionally exhausted that I'd rather do something else. Then I end up sitting around thinking of something to do because none of what's available seems too great.

Also yeah, occasionally I'll have a couple drinks a few nights a week. Usually beer or vodka. I've smoked weed a few times but I'm not that into it desu, I usually avoid it bc I get munchies and gorge myself.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.