[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Feel intense pull to go into the world and obtain material

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1485015508193.jpg (135KB, 1268x884px) Image search: [Google]
1485015508193.jpg
135KB, 1268x884px
>Feel intense pull to go into the world and obtain material wealth and become objectively superior to those around me
>Know it's a fools errand, but have a deep desire to do so anyway

Something in my brain is telling me to beat my enemies to death. I want to be better than every human being I meet, but I know it's impossible and idiotic to do so.

It's ingrained into who I am. I can't run away from my urge to attain societal status.

I don't know why. I know it's all shit, garbage, but I want to do it anyway. I want to look at others down my nose despite having no right to do so.
>>
OK, and?
>>
>>18064963
Nothing feels better to me than knowing I am above others.

I don't get that satisfaction out of besting those that are nothing.

I believe it's a part of my essence to hate and feel superior. It has been modeled that way through evolution. Why should I turn down what I really am? It's not healthy to live the life of a failure and pretend I'm above it all.
>>
>>18064963
Don't fight it. Just remember that you may eventually fall, but you can always get up. Otherwise that energy is something I'm envious of.
>>
>>18064967
I wonder if there's anything wrong with wanting to beat others down just to gratify myself.

When I'm feeling particularly delusional, it's my belief I'm smarter than a large portion of the known world.
>>
That's how you become successful. What's the problem?
>>
>>18064973
Sounds to me like you're a typical human being with a big ego. If you do nothing to change, you'll be totally normal. Otherwise you can read some philosophy or something, idk.

The last half of book 4 of Marcus Aurelius' Mediations helps me a lot when I'm feeling really egotistical, self-centered, and important.

>consider, for example, the times of Vespasian...
>>
>>18064981
I can't help but wonder if philosophy is just a tool to content ourselves; at the same time, I can't deny that the "goal" I feel like striving for is just as empty.

I believe a combination of both is what's "best".

There's no need to go against the grain.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.