[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which city is better for raising a family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6669.jpg (239KB, 960x1251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6669.jpg
239KB, 960x1251px
New York or Los Angeles?
>>
Neither
>>
>>18063624

London
>>
>>18063624
Those two are full on degenerates.
Enjoy your cucked famiry senpai
>>
Somewhere out in a farm.. those are meme cities and as a meme city guy (Miami), I can tell you, I would HATE to raise my kids here.
>>
>>18063624
If you're white- anywhere.

If you're not white, NYC or LA are your only choices unless you want minority children with inferiority complexes
>>
>>18063640
I grew up out in a farm and hated every second.
>>
I assume you are not asking about living in the actual city, but near it on the outskirts. LA is better. Ask your kids when they are ten, I bet they'd agree with me. If you want to live in the city, then you are insane.
>>
>>18063646
You are blessed and you don't even know it. City life here is dull, artificial, empty. Unless you're making decent money you can't even enjoy it, and even if you have the money, you'd probably grow up another normie getting ripped off by pubs, clubs, parking lot tolls, etc. Cities look nice, and there is a certain level of peace of mind knowing the police, EMT's, and fire department as so close by, but you lose something inside.

With all that abundance you die a little. Country life encourages survival insticts, hunting, fishing, etc. Or just living out in some suburb far from a major city is fine, best of both worlds I guess.
>>
File: IMG_1101.gif (457KB, 450x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1101.gif
457KB, 450x281px
>>18063646
You are an idiot if you got sold on the "bright lights big city" meme. It's a glorified prison, we live in dirty barracks with no windows, everything is processed, artificial, and insincere, overpriced everything, no trade workers or individuals with any "real" skills (We all work in PR)....and the "theater" districts, which made the city in the first place are the worst of all. A bunch of hacks pretending to know what Beauty is because they paid a lot of money for some pretentious "professor" to talk them into believing that anything that has stood the test of time is old and tired and that each one of them is the next big THING. It's the most self absorbed life you could imagine, and breeds horrific, entitled children who think they are what they look like and whatever their "brand" is on instagram. Carefully cultivated superficiality and they are all starving for something REAL. Everyone is depressed and on drugs ALL ths time. The cities are dead.
>>
File: IMG_6670.jpg (199KB, 1300x956px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6670.jpg
199KB, 1300x956px
>>18063624
I'm from neither, I always imagine people living in Los Angeles wearing sunglasses everyday and tinting their windows to reduce annoying glare all day long (then again, not sure how bright it actually is over there)

But regarding kids, I'd absolutely dread forcing them to grow up in Manhattan in a small apartment; walking amongst dense chaotic crowds, people honking their car horns, sirens blaring and in general stress-raising madness all day long
>>
>>18063667
>>18063678

I moved out of the town I grew up in when I was 18, and it's the best thing I've done in my life. I live in a middle sized city, and I really enjoy it. I wouldn't live in a huge city, but I'd rather kill myself than make my child grow up in the same town where I was born.

Sure, I grew up enjoying the outdoors - I enjoyed it when I was a child. I played outside all the time, it was great.
The school was fucking ridiculous. I spent 2.5 hours a day on public transport to go to a decent high school.
Intellectually, it was dead - I was the only child in my school who read more than 2-3 books a year. There wasn't a book shop, a library, any cultural event of any sort, any cultural association beside the town band. There wasn't a theatre, a cinema, anything. No one in my elementary school class went to college. I didn't have any intellectual stimulation ever.
My parents are the only people I know who read in town.
There was nothing to do other than drinking. We were all drinking at 15.

Since I moved out of that shithole I've been SO much happier.
>>
>>18063699
This mid sized cities are the best. Big cities are a ripoff, and small towns are dull.
>>
>>18063624
LA .. not much better than NY but better none the less
>>
>>18063699
Hmm, I was born in Cuba, and over there it's like 40 min to an hour drive, you're in a small red dirt town, people raising chickens everywhere, homes still made of old wood, though kinda dying out now. Ton of sugar cane fields everywhere. Back in the city, it feels like a rollercoaster, because all the homes are built on hills. Downside, you gotta deal with commies getting in your business, poverty of the likes I wish no one in the US was experiencing. Entitlement programs here are like a kings salary over there. When we moved to South Florida, it was NOTHING but city.. just dull, empty constructions, flat roads, and city demeanor, it's very isolating on a spiritual level, whereas Cuba is more super isolating on an economic, political, and information level. Wasn't really till we moved to a home with a lake behind it that things began to change a bit. Bout 7-8 years later I saw what felt like backwoods down here, but really it's a plot of land next to paved roads and recent construction, at a distance I could see the yellow lights of industrial work areas, and it was probably one of my first truly "murikan" experiences. Later on I saw a few states and realized just how different the rest of this country is from South Florida. This place is hell in comparison.
>>
Not NY
Unless you can afford to send em to a private school
>>
>>18063752
There are exceptions, but with respect to inner city life, dull. Everglades, the keys, certain parts of Downtown Miami for exp, not so bad. But really I feel it's because those are the places that least resemble the city.
>>
File: neo-civilization.jpg (63KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
neo-civilization.jpg
63KB, 600x376px
>should my kids grow up in a big city?

Yes, if you can afford rent above US $4000 per month. Otherwise, hell fucking no.
>>
Neither.
>>
File: IMG_6562.jpg (57KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6562.jpg
57KB, 720x405px
>>18063624
The better question would be: Where to raise a family as a millionaire?
>>
Watch the movie Falling Down. It makes to never want to move to a huge city.

That being said, small towns suck. Not all, but they're not all charming like what the travel blogs say. I'm surrounded by nothing but empty fields and it's completely flat. I can't go on a walk anywhere, because there's no destinations.

I can't do anything, because there's no culture. You'll find more culture in store brand yogurt. We used to have a restaurant where we would get bands and such, but the owners burned it down intentionally for the insurance money.

People here for the most part are uneducated and only think in terms of what they see. You have to know that small town people don't see the big picture and live in a bubble. "Racism doesn't exist anymore, in my experience!" The pace here in small towns is slow. People here even talk slow, and any sort of method to work harder to get results more efficiently or faster is considered to be bad work ethic. You'll notice different cultural diffferences for sure.

Medium sized cities are the best. I lived in a city of about 25,000 in college and it was just the right size and you get the best of both worlds.
>>
>>18063948
Not OP.

NYC feels more dirty as a whole, but Manhattan is sure nice when it comes to stuff do and culture.

LA feels more polluted and has more stuck up people. Why is it all the people there want to make it big and they all have something to prove?
>>
File: IMG_6485.jpg (158KB, 1190x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6485.jpg
158KB, 1190x595px
>>18063948
Mansion vs. Penthouse essentially
>>
>>18063958
No joke it sounds like you're living the dream. I love going on walks and being surrounded by nothing. It's refreshing.

I mean yeah the scam sounds bad but other than that it seems great.
>>
>>18063694
>I always imagine people living in Los Angeles wearing sunglasses everyday and tinting their windows to reduce annoying glare all day long (then again, not sure how bright it actually is over there)

Top kek, no. I think the smog does enough.

That being said, I was born and lived in LA my whole life. It's not that bad. Los Angeles is actually more than the city, it's like an urban sprawl with incredible variation. My family is middle class and lives in the San Fernando Valley specifically. There are nice areas, people, and schools.

However, I don't think I'll ever want to live in a city again. I'm looking forward to living somewhere much more rural when I make my own life.
>>
>>18063624
LA born whitey here. Just saying, los angeles unified school district is one of the worst in the nation. Even the schools in the nice white/Asian neighborhoods have loads and loads of minorities bused in for diversity, making them worse in every way. Bad for bringing up kids.

That said, if you make enough to live on the coast, maybe newport or redondo beaches, your kids can become awesome surf/skate punks like I was as a teen. Great fucking times skipping school to smoke weed, drink and surf all day, and hitting shows in hollywood on the weekends.

In short:
Schools suck, minorities suck, rabid libfaggotry, traffic sucks, but great weather, surf, mountains, skiing, etc.

Don't know shit about NY
>>
>>18064894
>Great fucking times skipping school to smoke weed, drink and surf all day

ah, exactly what a parent would want for their child
>>
File: 1463956411132.jpg (27KB, 596x324px) Image search: [Google]
1463956411132.jpg
27KB, 596x324px
>>18064894

>Great fucking times skipping school to smoke weed, drink and surf all day

Yeah, if only all the school districts in L.A. could get rid of minorities and fill the schools with fine, white students like yourself...
>>
>>18064911
Unlike most of the minorities, I actually completed HS, went to community college, transferred to a university, and got a degree.

Had my cake and ate it too.
>>
jesus fucking christ neither

move to somewhere cozy. like a texas suburb or a denver suburb if youre a liberal

LA and NYC are shit tier subhuman garbage for raising any sort of anything

i could not recommend a denver suburb enough. look at littleton or aurora. honestly i would even do colorado springs but its more of a small city
>>
Raise them in the countryside and homeschool them. You are dooming your child to become a piece of trash if you don't.
>>
fuck mark walberg
>>
I live in NYC and it's getting bad , crime is back despite what the mayor says , bums pissing where ever they want , the city is over crowded and prices keep going up .
>>
>>18063699
What shithole did you live in? I grew up in a small town on 12,000 and we had two libraries, an art gallery, a traditional theater as well as a movie theater, decent K-12 school system, a park, public swimming pool, lots of restaurants, etc. And even then the next town over was rich and consider us white trash.
>>
>>18066796
That's not really a small town. That's fairly big, or at least average sized.
Around 700 people, fields in every direction for 10 miles. We had a pub and a grocery store. That's it.
There was an high school 15 miles away from my house, but honestly I wasn't going to get in college if I studied there, so I went to a private school (with a scholarship) in the town where I live now.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.