/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alcohol withdrawal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: special-brew[1].jpg (148KB, 1047x1051px) Image search: [Google]
special-brew[1].jpg
148KB, 1047x1051px
hey adv, been drinking 750ml to 1 litre of vodka a day for a few months and I want to stop now, I'm male 21 150lbs and I want to know whether it would be dangerous to go cold turkey or if I should taper and how quick i should do that
>>
md here, I work in a psychiatric clinic but I'm not a psychiatrist yet, anyway I've got some experience with your problem

buddy you need to take benzos for a a while, I would give you Seresta 15 mg 4 times a day for like a couple of weeks and then I would start to taper it

talk to your family doctor, you need that stuff, otherwise you could get seizures or even die
>>
>>18063278
You have a high risk of dying or going delirious if you stop cold turkey. You really need to consult your doctor
>>
>>18063278

to be more precise you shuld go cold turkey and when your BAC drops below 0.5 you shoud start with benzos

anyway if you drink alcohol and take benzos you could also die, suffocating
>>
how do you even drink that much alcohol? i'm genuinely interested
you need to see the doctor ASAP and tell them everything, there are going to be some very serious consequences from this behaviour and you're going to need help to get over this
i would try and reduce consumption as much as you can until you can see a doctor - check out http://hams.cc/taper/
>>
>>18063278
if you go cold turkey you will have seizures and possibly die. you need to taper. if you can't drink less, then you need to see a doctor and do the benzo thing. be careful with benzos though. they can be just as dangerous to stop as a massive drinking habit. but seriously, you need to get out of this habit or you will end up brain-damaged.
>>
>>18064474
OP here

>how do you even drink that much alcohol?
It's actually very easy and doesn't interfere with day to day life to a huge extent. The way most people drink alcohol is geared towards finishing it as fast as possible, whereas for me it is just a constant throughout the day. When I wake up I put 250ml of vodka in my flask and then fill the rest up with fanta/squash and finish it within 40 minutes to feel OK, then throughout the day I will just be sipping more constantly and it all adds up. I have a naturally high tolerance to alcohol for my size which has obviously increased massively recently, and I don't care much about my health. Last week or so I've been scared to cut down too.

I've called 111 today (UK health service non-emergency number) and I'm going to make a doctors appointment tomorrow and hopefully get some diazzies or something, getting sick of this.

I also smoke about 25 grams of tobacco a day. My throat and stomach hurt all the time at the moment
>>
>>18064474
It's not that much its pretty easy to be functioning with only a liter a day, probably not great for you but its possible
>>
>>18063278

seriously do not stop cold turkey.

this is how my uncle died. he had a seizure from stopping cold turkey (despite his doctor recommending him not to) and died on the spot

first and foremost ask a doctor, specifically one that knows about addictions, and start reducing your intake little by little, allowing your body to adjust
>>
>>18065077
Yeah it's best to do it under the supervision of a doctor at this point because you are at risk for harmful withdrawals. Good that you're stopping though, you're at the point where you're really hurting yourself. I had a friend who drank two liters a day (one to wake up, one to go to bed) and he had severe pancreatitis and liver damage, multiple DUIs, and was very sick until he finally killed himself.
>>
>>18063278
>hey adv, been drinking 750ml to 1 litre of vodka a day for a few months
>I'm male 21 150lbs
>I want to stop now

God, I hope so. How do you get to that point at 21? You've got the alcohol problem of a 45 year old wino. Get some professional help, stopping that much cold turkey would probably kill you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.