[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I gain confidence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I'm an extremely unconfident person, especially when it comes to females, to the point that even when I'm shitfaced drunk if a girl came up to me I'd probably sort of awkwardly stand there or back away.
However, once I'm semi comfortable with a girl I seem to have a quite high success rate really (much better over messaging than in person but whatever) so how do I gain the confidence to actually approach girls, and just be confident in myself in general?
>>
>>18062225

Start doing sports.

Have you ever seen a shy athletic guy?
>>
>>18062229
I've recently started playing football (soccer) and I go to the gym 2-3 times a week, but even when I used to play sports a lot I wasn't confident except when I was actually playing
>>
>>18062235
>times a week, but eve

That's fantastic, keep training as much as you can. Get confident in it. After a few month you will start noticing how your character starts to change.

source: personal experience.
>>
>>18062262
I've been going the gym for a few months now and I've really not noticed much of a change, I do plan on keeping it up though
>>
>>18062264

It has to be some sport. Like football (karate in my case). Otherwise you will end up a muscular nerd like Mark Zuckerberg.
>>
>>18062266
The only problem with the football is that we're horrifically bad so we lose every game which is a bit off putting
>>
>>18062264
Definitely keep it up, results take time but once you start seeing them, you'll be hooked. Visit /fit/ and read the sticky if you haven't already, and make sure you focus heavily on your diet.

Also, practice makes perfect, so just try to pay as much attention to how you interact with people (all people, not just women) and do the whole "fake it til you make it" thing if that helps.
>>
>>18062270
>The only problem with the football is that we're horrifically bad so we lose every game which is a bit off putting

Unless the group starts hating you and wants to beat you up. Trying, struggling and failing is part of the way to build confidence.

You can also do some combat sports.

The gym is great to improve your appearance, but to gain confidence, you need to prove yourself.
>>
>>18062292
>*Unless the group starts hating you and wants to beat you up, I'd keep playing football.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.