[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone knows where I could consult a lawyer about a scam? Ok

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ffgdfg.jpg (194KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ffgdfg.jpg
194KB, 640x640px
Anyone knows where I could consult a lawyer about a scam?

Ok so I was taking a college degree on film sience and I wanted to do a pretty cool sci-fi project. A teacher there recommended me a friend of his that happened to have theater background and did awesome puppets.

So anyways we agreed on a deal that he would make a kickass puppet creature for me for the hefty amount of 2k usd. He kept giving me recipts every time that I payed him - we divided it into 4 payments so that he could get stuff and material.

Anyways he showed me a prototype and it was amazing, so I trusted on this guy.
Next time I saw him he gave basically something that looked even worse than the prototype and the bastard was going to europe for vacations... guess with who's money.

So I was outraged with him and he acted all offended and like I had payed him for his "creative time"
I asked him for a money return and he said it wasnt possible becuase of what I just mentioned.

So not only did this guy made me loose my fucking semester but made me look like fucking jackass among my friends, classmates and family.
He was a fucking hipster with glasses.

So I wanted to talk with a lawyer about this, I know that for 2k usd probably wouldnt be "worth its time" but if we talk that becuse of his lack of product delivery I lost the entire semester, wouldnt he basically have to pay my semester back?
please help guys.
>>
>becuse of his lack of product delivery I lost the entire semester
maybe you should've signed up for some other class than "hey look at my puppet 101"
>>
"Hi professor, look at my puppet, can I have a passing grade now because I own a puppet" "why yes of course anon, that's what you learn in school and are graded on, buying puppets"
>>
>college degree on film sience
>>
>>18062068
>So I wanted to talk with a lawyer about this

So go talk to a lawyer about this.

I don't know why you didn't stay on top of this guy to see what his actual progress was before paying him. Because considering how important this puppet is to you, I would have been all over his ass (in a nice way, but making sure it was getting done in a way that I wanted).

He gave you a puppet for the price you agreed on and paid in exchange. Not making sure it's what you want is in large part your responsibility, and not using it is YOUR choice.
>>
Sounds like the whole school is a fucking sales funnel to get retards to buy shitty puppets.
>>
Small claims court

IANAL, got my money back from a tea house scam there
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.