[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any biofags here? Can you read this paragraph for me and give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: hhhhhhhhhhh.png (128KB, 530x546px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhhhhh.png
128KB, 530x546px
any biofags here?

Can you read this paragraph for me and give me the gist of it?
>>
why dont they make it in english
>>
radioactive cat semen -> turkey baster -> super kitties
>>
File: 6798_glowingcats.jpg (15KB, 300x422px) Image search: [Google]
6798_glowingcats.jpg
15KB, 300x422px
>>18061699
I have to give a presentation on this in 2 days

JUST
>>
They tried cloning cats. They made 3 clones. 2 lived, one died.
>>
>>18061734
I know that much,
but I mean the entire process.

I don't know how they made the red fluorescent protein in the cloned cats
>>
>>18061736
ok, but just for posting that cool cat pic. Post more if you have.

i'll assume you have enough intelligence for the trivial parts/checking single words in wikipedia

(I may mix up a letter or two, not being a native speaker)
1)they took some oocytes from mother donor
2)not completely sure why they needed the fibroblasts, or rather how did they connected them laeter with embryos. Quick searching in google told me nothing, so it must be some very basic stuff - grab any book on the subject
3)they infected the cells. How it works:

a virus is just some DNA or RNA and a capside basically.
a retrovirus has RNA, and it contains the coolest genes ever: reverse transcryptases.
Transcryption is a process of putting information from DNA into RNA, readying it to be translated into proteins
Reverse transcryption is thus changing RNA back into DNA (that is, DNA already merged with the host DNA)
So basically, retrovirus just adds itself into your own DNA, then lets you do the job of replicating it and stuff. This way you can put basically any genes into any organism.
virus vector is a virus stripped of most of it's DNA/RNA with only the genes we want remaining. In this case it's the reverse transcryptasis plus RFP
RFP is the stuff that glows in the dark, and if you have the gene for it, you are producing it (or it's also possible to add some genes controlling the process, so that expression only occurs once you treat the organism with some special stimulus. That's not the case here, however)
4)The rest is easy. They made many embrios, some survived. They compared the genes to make sure no additional strange mutations/fuckups were present. Finally they compared the DNA of surrogate mother and child to prove it wasn't her child, and that she had now genes for fluorescence on her own
5)it worked, they were happy

I suggest reading some more. Wikipedia should suffice at this level, but academic textbooks are waaay more fun
>>
So from what I see here is that they took the genetic information from the fibroblasts of some Angora cat, and used a retrovirus to modify that DNA so that they could insert a RFP gene. Then they performed cloning, and birthed clones. From there, they took samples of those cloned cells from the cloned offspring, and found their cells exhibited and produced the red fluorescent protein. This demonstrates that you could modify DNA before transduction of genetic info, and it would be expressed int he cloned offspring.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.