[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with rejection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0205.jpg (45KB, 492x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
45KB, 492x328px
Went on a date. I thought it went well. Later get a text saying not her type.

How do I stop feeling like shit? Haven't really been rejected after a date before.
>>
Stop caring about being with another person so much. You should be going on a date when you are confident in your own loneliness and when a potential mate is interesting enough and of high enough 'value' (not trying to espouse a materialistic view of people but I couldn't find a better word) that they would be a welcome addition to your already complete and happy life. You shouldn't be going in, wanted to find another person to fill in some kind of void. Clearly you did not work for her, at least she is open, and she clearly is not a matching addition to your own life. You lost nothing, and move on.
>>
>>18061241

I get that. But how do I stop feeling shit.
>>
>>18061241
>you must be happy and fulfilled on your own

I never understood when people said this. If I'm perfectly fine on my own why would I go out and get a girlfriend?
>>
Give it some time and convince yourself that he/she is in the wrong and that you can do better.
>>
>>18061290
Get used to it bro.

Don't think of rejection as failure, think of it as weeding out girls who aren't right for you. There will be another in the future who will be right for you.

Also, better to be rejected now and experience the pain than to break up in several months while you still love her. It's way easier to move on right now.
>>
>>18061303
Its because they dont know what its like to need someone truly or be truly needed, they cut that part out of themselves or never grew
>>
>>18061316

I guess, it has motivated me to work out more. I have a runners body which I don't mind. I'm slim and lean. But she said she is into slightly bigger guys. I've been putting off weight training and mainly been doing Cardio because I like to jog and run.

I've always wanted to get a bit bigger and I guess her rejecting me. Is going to encourage me to work out more.
>>
>>18061217
What a shitty coward. She could at least have the decency to tell you to your face.
>>
>>18061703
>women
>decency
Pick one.
>>
Ignore the text(do not reply), move on with your life.
'type's don't matter when you're just gonna be friends.
Get to know a person first before taking them on a date. Economical and less awkward.
>>
>>18061290
It's part of being an adult. Bad things happen and you just have to accept it sometimes.

Remind yourself that each minute you spend crying over some whore is a minute you could have been trying to get a new one.

"Move on to the next one."
>>
>>18061703
I don't think you've experienced women much. They always try to take the cowards way out of everything they do.
>>
>>18061808
Well, they literally have no balls.
>>
>>18061217
Well... if you were real and acted like you and she wasn't into it, then that's that, and it's not meant to be. To go forward with someone who doesn't find you romantically interesting is a giant waste of time
>>
>>18061703
This situation happened to me at least four times
>>
If you let it get to you, it will weaken you.

Just respond with "No worries, you're not my type either." Then never text her again. Throw it right back in her face. If you contact her further, it will only creep her out and boost her ego tho so...
>>
>>18061290
Simple. Stop touching shit.
>>
She did you a favor. God knows why.. right now you feel like shit, in the future, you will look back in retrospect and realize how lucky you are when you finally find the right one.

You're living in a state of desperation, and it will hurt you. As it has hurt me.
>>
>>18061303
If you can't be happy with just being by yourself then you're very likely to get in a relationship with someone just because you'd feel lonely otherwise. It means that it's harder to see potential partners for who they really are and thus harder to see who is a good fit for you.
People who blindly follow the feeling of butterflies in their stomach and don't look past it often end up disappointed with heartbreak.

It's important to be able to be comfortable with just yourself so that having a partner becomes not a necessity but more of an extra factor of happiness to your life.
If you see it as a necessity you're much more likely to lose your sense of self in the relationship and become dependant on the presence of another person.

Basically you need to have developed yourself before you're ready for a healthy relationship. Emphasis on healthy.
>>
>>18063086
good job anon, you hit the nail right on it's head.
>>
>>18063086
I am happy with who I am, and I'm constantly trying to improve myself. But damn I don't know just seemed like she liked my face and my personality otherwise why would she go on the date in the first place?

After sleeping on it I'm just going to work out, keep looking and hope for the best.
>>
>>18061303
because you want a romantic partner to experience life with, and not a second mom to wipe your bum and make you feel safe
>>
>>18061241
>confident in your own loneliness
This might be the most insightful thing i've read on this board.

Not op.
But care to elaborate, please?
I only actually try being with a woman when loneliness starts bothering me. How do i stop doing this? I think it might be why i'm so bad at this.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.