[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im an HR major and writing my thesis titled: disability discrimination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

Im an HR major and writing my thesis titled: disability discrimination in the workplace. Now after writing my paper my prof. didn't like my research question which was "what is the effect of hiring disabled people on consumers attitudes" since my paper was about identifying what disability discrimination is, it's types, the laws and the advantages and disadvantages of hiring disabled people. And now i can't find a research question. can anyone help please?
>>
>"what is the effect of hiring disabled people on consumers attitudes"
>my paper was about identifying what disability discrimination is, it's types, the laws and the advantages and disadvantages of hiring disabled people.
I can see why your professor doesn't like this question, these are two completely different topics.

Does your research question have to actually be phrased as a question? Because if not, something like "disability discrimination and how it plays out in the workplace" would comfortably suit what your paper is about. Depending on what being an HR major actually involves, I'm not sure if I'd call your topic research though.
>>
>>18061067

It is a research, because based on my research question im supposed to make a questionnaire for people to answer.
>>
>>18061073
Have you actually done the questionnaire? Because if you had, then I'm not sure why you'd be talking about
>what disability discrimination is, it's types, the laws and the advantages and disadvantages of hiring disabled people
except briefly by way of introduction. If you'd carried out the questionnaire, you'd have results to analyse and discuss.

Right now, it sounds like you're trying to do two different things and aren't doing either of them well
>>
>>18061077
Well i did my questionnaire based on my research question which was about consumers attitudes and i have to change that, so i have to re-do my questionnaire
>>
>>18061085
I'm really confused. What was your questionnaire about to begin with then?

From what you've said, you should be following the standard lab report format: introduction, method, results, discussion. The stuff about types of discrimination and laws and whatnot would belong in the introduction. That would lead into you talking about your questionnaire in the method, your results in the results, and then you'd talk about your findings and the implications and applications of them in the discussion. What have you done?
>>
>>18061089
Well yes, Laws etc... in the intro, questionnaire in the method. and as i said my prof doesnt like my research question so i have to re-do all of my method
>>
>>18061094
Did they tell you what's wrong with your research question/questionnaire?
>>
A good question would be

>HR, do we really need these pestering lazy cunts?

Had a guy complain once that he had to make a copy of my contract instead of taking my copy. Which HR didn't have a copy of... after 5 months of working there. HR.
>>
>>18061100
yes, they said it was irrelevant to my research.my research question was asking about consumers attitudes, but the body of the paper is about the laws, advantages and disadvantages of hiring disabled people. so i have to make a new research question, start method from the beginning and make a new questionnaire
>>
>>18061106
Why is your intro the body of your paper? Have you made any effort to link it to your research at all? Why not change that stuff instead of redoing the questionnaire?
>>
>>18061111
Nice quads, me
>>
>>18061111
my intro isn't the body. it's introduction, literature review, then method and then the findings/results
>>
>>18061119
You are not being very clear. First you said that your section covering the stuff you mentioned in the OP is in your introduction, then you say that's the body, and now you're saying your introduction isn't the body. What HAVE you actually done?

And is there a purpose to the stuff about laws etc.? Or have you just stuck it in there to fill up the word count?
>>
>>18061125
its neither, i just need a research question. thats all i want
>>
>>18061131
But if you change your research question, you have to change what you've done. It's easier to change what you've written to fit the question.
>>
>>18061131
let me try and explain again.
intro: brief overview on disability discrimination
Literature review: types of disability discrimination, laws that defend disabled people, advantages and disadvantages of hiring disabled people.
method: the sample (target population to answer the questionnaire)
the questionnaire made is based on the research question which was about consumer attitudes. so i need to change the research question and write a new method and new questionnaire
>>
>>18061138
>Literature review: types of disability discrimination, laws that defend disabled people, advantages and disadvantages of hiring disabled people.
This is the problem. You've written extensively on this, but what the fuck does it have to do with your paper?

>method: the sample (target population to answer the questionnaire)
Also the method should outline more than just this.

> so i need to change the research question and write a new method and new questionnaire
If your questionnaire answers the research question, no you don't?
>>
>>18061143
i know the method has more than that, i was just making it brief for you.
ido have to change the research question because my prof said that it has nothing to do with the paper. my topic is on disability discrimination in the workplace i need a research question related to that
>>
>>18061155
Why did you even do "what is the effect of hiring disabled people on consumers attitudes" as your research question if your topic was disability discrimination in the first place? I just don't know how you could mess up this bad
>>
>>18061162
I know i fucked up, thats why i need to change it
>>
>>18061164
And now you need help coming up with a research question related to disability discrimination? Are you sure you're even cut out for college?
>>
>>18061169
can you help
>>
>>18061171
Do your own work. If this is difficult for you, I'm not optimistic about your chances of graduating.
>>
>>18061169
it's just a research question, if i can get that i'll be able to re-do my methodology and my questionnaire.

we all fuck up, don;t we?
>>
>>18061173
Dude its a research question, it's not like someone is doing my thesis for me
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.