[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could I learn to drive within 4 hours of lessons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: C2VRNHL.jpg (1MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
C2VRNHL.jpg
1MB, 5184x3456px
I need to learn how to drive so i can take the road test and get my license. Only problem is that I've never driven before. A driving tutor is about $300 for 4 hours of driving lessons, but i'm not sure if i can pass the road test in that amount of tutor time. I'll be getting practice outside of tutoring since i have responsibilities that would need me to drive around a bit. Should I do it?
>>
>>
>>18060375
Not sure what this means but i'm saving it because it fits with my folder.
>>
>>18060374
you can learn how to drive but you wont be able to sufficiently hone that skill in 4 hours.

im european and standards for the test here are higher it took me about 20 hours (10 mandatory lessons + private practice )before i felt comfortable enough to do the test.
>>
>>18060391
I'm american so standards are not that high, but do you think I can do well from soley private practice? I am required to spend about $50 on a class and then i can immediately take the road test. I got the tutoring as an extra precaution since i would not be driving during the mandated class and would obviously fail.

How many hours do you think it will take me to get the skills through private practice? $300 is a bit too much for me desu.
>>
no it definitely won't be enough
>>
>>18060396
No, it won't be enough. Instructors can teach you everything the person giving you the test at the DMV will be looking for and force it into your memory; like to look right before moving to the bike lane, to look left and right before entering an intersection (even if it's a green), who's right of way it is, as well as local laws etc...
My brother took his test right as the law passed that you had to have your headlights on if you were using your windsheild wipers, a little sprinkle of rain caused him to fail because he hadn't taken lessons, a tutor would have instructed him on the local laws and what was about to pass, they always keep up to date with new DMV handbooks and what may or may not be passed.
I felt like a lunatic looking around constantly while taking the test, but the four lessons and hundreds of hours behind the wheel paid off- I passed with 0 errors (much to the dismay of my boyfriend who almost didn't pass his, but also didn't get driving lessons).
Almost everyone I know who failed didn't bother getting lessons, and to be honest- do you really just want to be another uneducated driver on the road with no real experience? At least in a learners car it has markings that it's unsafe, and driving with a parent makes you not fuck up as easily and pay attention. I'm not saying that lessons will prevent you from being a good driver, but not having any experience will.
If you don't get lessons, drive with someone who you trust and respect enough that you want to drive well to impress- not to mention give you shit if you're fucking up.
>>
>>18060374
You don't have any friends or family willing to teach you? My grandma taught me to drive.

Started out in an empty lot near my street, and just shifting to drive and reverse while getting a feel of the car.

Then I started making rounds to an elementary school up the street that was only stop signs in a residential area.

Then I progressed to main streets with lights.

The biggest issue I had was merging. It just scared me at first and I'd triple check before merging into a lane.

I avoided freeways and parallel parking for about a year after getting my license though.

It took me about a month of driving for just 20 mins or so a day to feel confident enough to take the driving test.

My sister got an instructor and it was a complete waste of time and money. He'd scream at her for really petty mistakes (like not picking up speed quickly enough) thus making her anxiety towards driving worse. My family wasted 600 bucks for that.
>>
Maybe not 4 hours but a few days just to get adjusted. I learned by letting my grandma drive myself to work and then she would pick me up and let me drive home. Did this for about two months until I could actually take my drivers test and passed it easy. Didn't even have to parallel park.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.