[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conversation starters before class?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: victoria.jpg (718KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
victoria.jpg
718KB, 1600x2400px
There's a girl in my calculus class that I always see arrive early, and I'm just not sure what to say to her.

I've spoken to her a few times last semester since I also had class with her then, but I stopped for whatever reason. She's really cute and I'd love to get to know more about her, but I'm just not sure what to say to begin talking to her. She seems nice and somewhat shy, and I'd describe myself as pretty socially anxious, so our conversations last semester weren't bad, but they weren't super smooth either since I was pretty nervous.

What's a good way to just open up a conversation with her and feel at ease? Usually there's some other kids also waiting outside the class, so I don't feel as comfortable as I normally would, either.

Pic related, sorta looks like her. Similar face.
>>
File: Wingman.jpg (136KB, 1222x817px) Image search: [Google]
Wingman.jpg
136KB, 1222x817px
Confidence seems to be the major factor into whether or not you get to know this girl more. In you're situation the easiest thing to do is just walk up to her and ask her how she's been since last semester and go on from there and not care about everyone else around you. The only thing stopping you is yourself so try to work up the courage to talk to her and not let you're anxiety hold you back.
>>
>>18059039
I'm still pretty awkward though, and the few times I've talked to her weren't terribly great, so I don't think she has a good impression of me.

I also think, wouldn't it be weird if I just walked up to her like 4/5 weeks into the semester and was like, "Hey how have you been?"

It's not like a, "Oh hey I didn't notice you" type of deal, at some points it's been only me and her waiting outside the class, opposite each other in the hall.
>>
>>18059285
Don't bring it up.
>>
If you've spoken to her before, "hey, what's up?" shouldn't be too bad of a way to start. Say something about the class if the conversation starts to dry up.
>>
>>18059285
Overthink it more, jesus..
>>
>>18058992
>has math class with girl
>doesn't know how or what to talk about

Ask her for help with homework or if she would like to study in the library together since you're having a little bit of trouble. Also don't make a move right away, and actually try to do some work. Then after like a session or two ask her if she'd like to go grab coffee or a meal afterward. And get to know her during these study sessions.
>>
>>18059359
I'm sorry, but it's how I am, but you're right, I am overthinking it.

>>18059334
Guess I'll try this. I just constantly feel like everyone is judging my every move and action, and I don't wanna fuck it up and embarrass myself.
>>
>>18059502
It's not that I don't know what to talk about, it's starting the conversation. I've done it once or twice before with this girl, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to talk to her again. I feel like I don't know what to say to start talking, and it trips me up.
>>
>>18059285
I have this problem too, but to everyone. Anyone who I only had less than 10min chat, i get anxiety. Should I say hi or just keep quiet
>>
>>18059517
I fucking know dude.

It bothers the fuck out of me because I don't know anything about this girl other than me talking to her and over hearing some random shit when she talks to her friend.

Speaking of which, I heard her say something about "...his parents..." in the middle of a conversation, I'm just hoping she wasn't talking about a boyfriend.
>>
Bumping it, gonna head off to sleep but wanna see ifvanyone else has any more advice. Really just wanna be able to start up the convo, but dunno how.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.