[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I turn $1000 into continuous profit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
I'm coming into a thousand dollars and it's only money I have to turn my life around. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything I could do with the money to make more and more money. I'm not against getting a job, I'm trying every day to find one so I don't blow through the money, but I would really prefer to use the money to make more money.

How can I do this?
>>
Buy yourself a litecoin mining rig and start cranking away, baby.
>>
>>18058681
Not sure how I would go about doing that. Can you elaborate more? I'm guessing it's something to do with computers? How steady is the profit? How much would I be able to gain, in say, a month?
>>
>>18058699
Turning money into more money doesn't happen quickly
>>
Why on earth are you asking 4chan of all places how to use 1000 dollars

This is as good of an idea as asking somebody working at an ice cream shop how to succeed at the stock market
>>
Do you live in a shit area?

Relocate to a better area.

Boom, money isn't so hard to get anymore. If you can stay employed then one small investment has improved the rest of your life.
>>
Buy 1000 worth of lottery tickets.

I'd be a millionaire
>>
>>18058707
Alright, but I didn't ask that, even I'm willing to accept it. Is it still possible? Is there anything I can do short of opening a mf lemonade stand?
>>
>>18058715
This is the main problem. If I didn't live in a shit area I wouldn't even be asking. But I do, small hick ass town with no work. I've tried many different things to find work but none of the jobs are worth anything.

As for relocating, I've thought about it, but I've lived in my state for 20 years and I'm not I'd even know how to start. I don't know anyone and I don't have family.
>>
>>18058724
I doubt I would gain anything by doing that.
>>
>>18058712
You do know you're on /adv/, right?
>>
>>18058739
Buy a US Treasury bond fund share. There, enjoy guaranteed 2.5% a year for 30 years
>>
>>18058751
Probably contradicting myself here, but I'm looking for results a little quicker than that.
>>
>>18058744
dude just won 100,000 on a 5 dollar crossword nigga.

the whole roll of tickets only costs like, 300
>>
>>18058758
Honestly, you gave us virtually no info about yourself for us to give you any good advice. My advice is universally applicable, so that was the best I was able to give you
>>
>>18058778
Not OP, but that has made me wonder. You could go around to like 5 corner stores in your area. What would you even ask? I just won a bunch of cash and I'm taking a chance can I please purchase the whole roll? Would the cashier be able to say no?
>>
If you don't have an emergency fund I'd highly suggest starting one. It is always good to have a safety net for a rainy day. You won't know how valuable this is until you experience your first major expense - maybe you need surgery, maybe your whole car is totaled and your insurance company pays jackshit, etc.

don't waste your time with stocks, only 5% of day traders actually beat the market and you're not going to be the 1 in 20. What you should do is take $5000 and set it aside as your emergency stash, you don't touch it unless you have unexpected medical bills or lose your job. Once you've got that set up you open up an index fund (vanguard's S&P500 fund is the most popular because it has the lowest expense ratio, but there are other good ones as well) That's what you should be putting your savings into because your return will closely mirror the performance of the S&P500 which is about the best bet you can make. Here's the one I like https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0540&FundIntExt=INT
>>
>>18058672
>I'm not against getting a job, I'm trying every day to find one
Well that sounds like you have a plan already.
A thousand isn't much, but maybe you've been missing something that was fucking your chances at getting a job - maybe you're a college grad, but went to interviews in jeans and the guy in a suit got the job, maybe your car needs some work so you can get to further workplaces, idk.
If you plan on investing or starting something with 1k... it's going to be a peanut hobby operation, good if you have time to waste getting some experience in something to make it bigger afterwards, but not a sustainable way of making ends meet.
>>
>>18058672
Order something made in China, put it in a fancy box, and sell it for ten times the price. Some kitchen gadget or copper bracelet or some other meme bullshit
>>
>>18058792
Literally just ask to buy the roll. My friend gave his dad like $500 worth. Granted he came up short. There's no shame, and cashiers or owners encourage it. Easy money.
>>
>>18058672
I placed $1000 bet on trump. Won $6500. After that made my way into the shares. Now I'm 11,000 richer. Bingo bango.
>>
OP has no recognition of what would happen if multiplying money were that easy
>>
>>18058792
Just ask how many is left of some roll already going and offer to clean it out. They're all numbered, they'll be able to tell you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.