[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Everyone is good. Preach love and kindness."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: oculus warrior.jpg (118KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
oculus warrior.jpg
118KB, 960x960px
This is not a "blog post." This is an /adv/ post, meaning I'm looking for intelligent feedback and advice on this topic.

I have been thinking lately about how new-age-y philosophy (and other feelgood ideologies) state that everyone is a precious, righteous, pure little child on the inside. While there is a shred of truth to this, it does not make literal sense. There are *enemies* in this world, people who will cheat you, steal from you, and even assault or rape you. We all know there are plenty of those people. They aren't precious children, and they don't deserve to love and kindness to the same extent that others do. They sure as hell aren't part of my "collective consciousness," or anything like that.

More preferable characters would be people who love you, people who want to cooperate with you, and people who believe logically sound facts that will benefit you. These are your bothers, your mothers, sisters, scientists, righteous leaders and so on. *These* people deserve to take from your limited reserve of compassion, love, and kindness. (Everyone's reserve is limited. Eventually Mother Teresa gest tired and falls over.)

I'm sorry that I ever listened to the feelgood shit, and I'll never give my kindness to an enemy again, unless they honestly decide to change (which is rare). I'm not going to baby or try to cooperate with a goddamned harmful enemy, and I won't expect them to cooperate with me.

Thoughts, opinions, advice...?
>>
>>18058565
>/adv/...looking for intelligent
typo

>don't deserve to love and kindness
typo
>>
>>18058565
Spend your life pursuing what makes you happy but realize suffering makes you stronger and change will come for you one way or another.
>>
>>18058569
Good point. II was reviewing some albums and realized that focusing on the albums I didn't like or the writing people didn't appreciate was a waste of time. It felt a lot better to move on to the albums that were enjoyable and to recreate the writings that were successful.

If we can focus on things that make us happy, we'll be a lot happier.

I'm just upset because I am coming up from being poor and as a result I've encountered a lot of antisocial fucks who tried to play me and those I cared about.
>>
>people have a limited reserve of kindness

Maybe all your so called enemies just used theirs up? Maybe they where kinder than you have been in your entire life and just ran out and became cruel because they had no choice.

Whats your excuse for being worse than them up until this point and then suddenly turning around and saying you are better?
>>
>>18058572
this question shows a lack of experience with (let's for the sake of argument say) "bad" people

the truth about most "bad" people, is not this fiction story you just made up. the truth is that they form antisocial tendencies due to a combination of genetic factors and trauma at a young age. this causes them to experience a lack of empathy for others and to be malignant.

there are also misled people. for instance, someone who is brainwashed in a cult might not be as morally responsible for trying to get you to drink poison coolaid as a totally sane, rational person would be. meaning, there are plenty of "good" people who just believe harmful shit, and they make themselves somewhat enemies for this.

my point about compassion being a well was more about tendencies and *the amount of energy one can expend in a day^. If you have a day where you can help 4 people you believe are allies, or 2 people you believe are allies and 2 you believe are enemies, then certainly help the allies and recognize an enemy when you see it.

there's also a difference between being not compassionate and being malignant. a non-compassionate person is passive and uncaring. a malignant person, a "bad" person is a blood sucker. they're the ones who pay starvation wages and own 20 mansions. they're the ones who would catch you in the slums and beat you up for your money. they're the kids in middle school who killed that dog with a bat.

understand my meaning better now?
>>
>>18058577
those were all very male examples of malignancy people by the way. females can be malignant as well, obviously.
>>
>>18058572
>>18058577
then you have the feelgood fallacy that "if I cooperate with my enemy, they will not hurt me and everyone will be happy"

this outcome is certainly possible, but cooperating with a non-enemy would still be a better idea
>>
I find it hard to believe that "everybody is a precious, pure little child on the inside". Yeah, we all were at some point, but once past it, some people are plain shit and they will only harm anyone that gets in their way.
Moreover, people NEED to face the consequences of their actions. How the fuck do you educate a child? that's fucking right.
Then, about compassion for your enemies.... I think empathy and respect should really be the words. I don't much understand compassion. What does it mean? Sparing one's life? Yeah I could do that for my enemy...
Ultimately, this new age bullshit of soft words is about directing the focus of one's energy outwards. True "love", "compassion", et cetera, only comes when you're at ease with yourself and you don't let your emotions take over and cloud your judgement. Often it is our very own egos and our conflicts with ourselves which lead us to experiencing wrath (note, not "anger" but wrath), envy, and uh, the other negative things.
>>
>>18058565
>More preferable characters would be people who love you, people who want to cooperate with you, and people who believe logically sound facts that will benefit you. These are your bothers, your mothers, sisters, scientists, righteous leaders and so on.
lol
>>
>>18058565

the problem i see here is you made it about you. divided the world between people who 'cheat, steal, assault or rape' and people who 'love you, cooperate with you, and believe logically sound facts that will benefit you'.

sure you can say anyone logically would fall into one of those categories if they met you, but you're worrying too much.

treat people nice until they treat you wrong. no ones ever said anything against that. if someone looks like they can use help or coudl change, feel free to extend more niceness than you might if they were seemingly stuck in their ways.

its whatever really.
>>
What's the difference between a good and a bad person?
Can you divide the world into enemies and friends?
Can you draw a perfect line between the two?
Where do YOU stand?
What if evil is not a force to be resisted, but rather, simply an emptiness, an absence of virtue. An opaqueness that natural light cannot shine through?
Evil people are simply vacant. Tragically hollow and unmanned.
They are people, but they are sick.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.