[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop caring too much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 4079414-1404222731.jpg (903KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4079414-1404222731.jpg
903KB, 1920x1080px
How do I stop giving a damn about what other people think of me and what I do?
I just care too much about others' judgement. I want to be independent and free myself from others' influence on me.
>>
>>18058351
Realize people think about themselves more than they will ever think of you. You're just a background character in their movie. Maybe they will think about you in the moment but after they are thinking about how others perceived them, what they will have to do at work, about their families, about what's good on Netflix. if someone like Trump doesn't give a fuck of others and bullies back why can't you just not care? Try to repeat daily when you get up and go to bed that no one gives a shit what I you do/did that day and tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to make things better. I care that you do well anon. If you really can't get past these feelings go to therapy. Also I suggest volunteering with animals and old people. They appreciate the company and someone listening to them and with animals you get to focus on socializing them and giving them walks. Good luck! I believe in you. :)
>>
>>18058351
Why are other people so important to you? In the end your life and your happiness is dictated by you and you alone. Why would anyone's opinion of you even matter if they aren't important to you?
>>
>>18058376
Thank you very much for your extensive advice. You're probably right with saying that I matter less to people than I imagine, as everyone matters to themselves more than others (with exceptions of course, but I'm talking about a relationship between e.g. coworkers).

>>18058380
I believe that I judge myself based on other's reactions of me. I know that I have issues with self-esteem. It's not critical and I'm not antisocial either, but at times I tend to take peoples' opinions too seriously.
>Why would anyone's opinion of you even matter if they aren't important to you?
Because I want to know about how my presence, appearance and person appeal to others, even strangers.

Back when I was a kid in school I was bullied. I didn't understand the reason why, so I started being overly considerate about myself, trying my hardest to fit in. By the time I got out of school I was so eager on not drawing attention on myself that I didn't even had noticed at first that it actually affected my personality. Needless to say the bullying stopped, but I'm still constantly overthinking.
>>
>>18058351
Have your own things to be proud of and a supportive friend circle.

The rest is time. I used to care a lot and now I dont. There was no magical formula.

I just recognized it was stupid and started living as I live and focusing elsewhere and it casually disappeared.
>>
>>18058351
embrace apathy, my son
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.