[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm stumped. i can't find a casual job anywhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1486297842909.jpg (309KB, 1006x802px) Image search: [Google]
1486297842909.jpg
309KB, 1006x802px
i'm stumped. i can't find a casual job anywhere
>>
>>18057281
Elaborate.

Are you a student just looking for extra money or someone trying to eke out a living working retail?
>>
>>18057281
>>18057281
I had a similar problem. It seemed to me, at one point in life, that there are 3 kinds of jobs:

1. Shitty retail and gastronomy jobs.
2. Demanding low pay jobs.
3. Demanding high pay jobs.

I seemed to be unable to even think of a job thats part time, or at least not demanding out of the ordinary (normal 40max hr work week, with no deadlines) that pays somewhere in middle...
Everything i saw was either a very demanding work, that payed a lot and was dependent on your skill set and luck, and very demanding jobs that payed really low, that dependent on your willingness to do the shitty job. I was baffled and had many problems in my life because i couldnt come to terms with this.
I just wanted a job to pay for my rent and food , that allows me to commit to my hobbies as much as it is possible , without having to make them into a profession. But i coudlnt find anything that didnt require some level of commitment from me, and wasnt totally shitty.

Fast forward 3 years of working a shitty high pay 70+hrs work week job later...
I now know which of my interests i want to make into a profession and i dont mind doing it all week if necessary to achieve my dreams and goals about it.
Try to go out in the world by any means, and your personality and wishes and priorities will eventually crystallize out .

Apart from that, there is that site : upwork.com , where you can find a lot of freelance jobs, done over the computer.. from no skill jobs like data entry , to jobs that require experience and skill in various fields, like programming or desing and etc. It really helped me later on to self sustain my self during the initial period when i started my studies, since i could make some money at home, with a textbook not far from me.
>>
>>18057324
>I just wanted a job to pay for my rent and food , that allows me to commit to my hobbies as much as it is possible , without having to make them into a profession.
Fuck this is me right now. I'm making mid five figures and like my job alright, but the schedule is shitty lately (wierd hours, working weekends) and it feels hard to have a life outside it; I'm getting burnt out.
Is it too much to ask for a strict 9-5 that pays decently? I have a CE degree and currently do sysadmin type stuff.
>>
>>18057291
yeah i just want 10 - 15 hours a week so i can buy clothes and go to the movies and stuff
>>
>>18057333
You're suffering makes me feel better about my own shitty job
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.