[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lifestyle differences in relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0830.png (332KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0830.png
332KB, 600x396px
I'm in an LTR and our lifestyle differences have been very apparent now

I love my GF but she prevents me from being happy due to her many ailments

She suffers from debilitating physical issues that prevent her from being active and going out a lot. On the other hand I love going out to hike, to dance in a club, to be social. She also suffers from anxiety problems which means I can never go out to a place with a lot of people with her. She's generally a very difficult person and it's hard to have fun with her due to her issues. Even getting her to take 5 minute walks outside is hard.

What do I do? I know the simple answer would be "break up with her" but I do truly love and care about her otherwise. I just wish we could do more things together than just sit home. Her disabilities really limit our relationship and it's frustrating. It seems like a dick move to break up with someone just for that too.

I don't know what to do....she is a total ride or die girl and very loyal and loves me like no other. I feel the same about her but I don't know how we could spend a future together.

I would love for one night to go out with her and have a night out on the town but we can't ever.
>>
Communicate with her about your needs and wants and tell her you don't know what to do, see what advice she gives you.
>>
How bad of physical issues are we talking here?

You could always do some outdoor things that don't require physical exertion on her behalf.

You could go camping for instance. You could do all the physical work while she just sits back and relaxes enjoying nature.

Would she even want to go out and have a night on the town even if she was able to? The common mistake of extroverts is that they believe everyone should be like them and fail to realize that going out and being around people is as bad for an introvert as staying in all day is for an extrovert.
>>
>>18056979
>>18056979

She's aware of them. I don't mention it outwardly because her inability to do normal 20 something year old things really depresses her and makes her feel guilty. She always says "I feel like I'm preventing you from being happy you should break up with me"

I do love her. We have tons of fun but again the only issue is I can't do a lot of the things i would love to do with an S/O...and when you have physical AND mental issues you're very very limited on what you can do

I have none of these issues. She's closed off. I'm open. I like talking to people. She doesn't. I enjoy trying new restaurant and new things. She never likes to try new things. Its many fundamental little differences.

I have no problem with her as a person and I do have feelings for her, but for example it sucks NEVER being able to try that new restaurant simply because your S.O wants the same thing over and over
>>
>>18056982
>You could always do some outdoor things that don't require physical exertion on her behalf.

I can barely get her to walk somewhere with me, for 10 minutes, much less camp. She also hates camping(among a lot of other things that involve going outside)

She has spinal issues, is obese, and has fibromyalgia, and also potential blood pressure/blood sugar issues.

I'm a regular avg guy. No real physical health issues. So the differences between what I can do and what she can do is night in day

I am very understanding and I am always there to take her of her but it just sucks sometimes
>>
>>18056970
Dose enyone have a potatoe strainer??
>>
>>18056985
>She always says "I feel like I'm preventing you from being happy you should break up with me"

She's lying. But like also, maybe Polyamory? You could have other partners and still come home to her and be happy. Win for all, she isn't holding you back and you get to be with her all the same.

Go read "more than two"
>>
>>18056985
Dose enyone have a potatoe strainer??
>>
>>18056994
Or you could just go out with a friend instead of this.
>>
>>18056987
>he fell for the thicc meme
>>
>>18057023
>>18057023

I don't have have. Typically my S.O is my friend
>>
Dump her
>>
>>18057043
Find more friends?
Like, what the fuck. It's not normal to not have anyone in your life other than your SO.
>>
>>18056987
Make the fat pig lose weight? Fuck no wonder she can't walk anywhere when she can't even see her feet. Don't even need to step outside for that either. She can have an illness that can't be cured but being fat is never am excuse. If you stay with her you are going to resent her at some point. That's how I see it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.