[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over my fear of the dark? Ok so I know this is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 7_dark-room.jpg (21KB, 491x400px) Image search: [Google]
7_dark-room.jpg
21KB, 491x400px
How do I get over my fear of the dark?

Ok so I know this is a bit immature given that Im too old for this shit already . But I need your guy's mindset when it comes to walking through a dark room.
>>
getting over any faer isn't easy, nor is it necesserily possible. But there is a chance. In general first thing needed is bravery - you need to stop acting on your fear and start listening to your rational mind instead. Step into darkness. You will fear, that's normal. But don't step out.
Once this is done, start relaxing. Breathing slowly and deeply, informing yourself there's nothing to fear. Repeat as many times as possible. The more scary an enviroment will be, the better the results. Hopefully this'll diminish your emotions to normal levels. Remember that some fear should always be present, as this is healthy
>>
>>18057100
fuck that shit.

No there's a whole genre of psychology about getting over fears. Go read a fucking textbook about it.

it will generally say to ease yourself into it. what if you wore a blindfold? Do that each day for a few mins until you are comfortable doing it for a few hours in a row. Then try other similar situations.
>>
>>18057126
first you disagree, then you suggest basically the same thing.
>>
You have to tell yourself. I can't hear or see anything therefore nothing is there and nothing will magically appear
>>
>>18057136
but I also said to go read a textbook. Which is where the real knowledge comes from. channers only know so much.
>>
>>18057142
and thus came your desire to insult me? I still don't get it. Also, while admittedly books are all right, they are far from being comprehensive or having only proper information put into them at this point
>>
Have you run your fingers down the wall and have you felt your neck skin crawl, when you're searching for the light?

Sometimes when you're scared to take a look, at the corner of the room, you have sensed that something is watching you?

Have
>>
>>18057100
Op here. Thanks man. I will try that
>>
>>18057151
Primal fear .. deep down the brain one of our primitive forefathers still dwells and is frightened of what might hide in the dark or the tall grass
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.