[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fat, and I want to lose weight, broke af so no gym possible.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1825.jpg (62KB, 590x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1825.jpg
62KB, 590x456px
I'm fat, and I want to lose weight, broke af so no gym possible. And actually isn't more the motivation that fail me, I'm a chocolate and sugar addict. What can I do to finally be in a normal weight ? How can I stay focus and motivated ?

I'm not as fat as the pic though
>>
>>18055778
So what is working for me and actually isnt suppose to be the reason to lose weight is lose it for someone else. I lost my chance with a girl in my friend group who I met and she was perfect for me, we connected so well and all the other story book bullshit but I wasn't good looking enough and I didn't want to drag her down a level to mine. So I am losing weight so if I get lucky enough to get another chance by meeting a girl who is like her again, then I won't lose her.
>>
I'm a femmanon and boy still call me cute. That's not helping, I feel great so I don't stop eating shit. I have such a weak mind.
>>
>>18055789
You wont be able to do it on your own, if you were then you wouldn't be in this problem, same like me. Just find someone you want to be with, get denied and build from there. I was actually alot worse off then I am now. Before I met her I was like 240 and all gross, was talking really cringey, did really weird shit but she in a way made me grow up and mature alot more than I ever would of on my own.
>>
Exercise doesn't need to cost money. Go for a walk. If that seems boring, pick up Pokemon Go or Ingress or geocaching or something. Go on Meetup and find an ultimate frisbee or flag football group that meets in a nearby park. Buy some cheap used dumbbells on Craigslist.

On the food side, just don't buy that stuff. Only buy groceries when you're full, and don't buy anything too sugary, or only buy a small amount - e.g., you get one bowl of ice cream a day, no more. When you get a hankering, have something else instead. Or get a bag of chocolate chips, and have exactly one chip when you have a hankering.
>>
Diet. Its hard, I know. But you just gotta stick to a diet. It requires willpower. When you're about to pickup whatever you're about to eat, just think, "Am I physically hungry?" and if the answer is no, remind yourself that eating like that is only going to make your problem persist. Allow yourself to have cheat days. Perhaps find a community that will support you through it.

Also, lets say you feel like eating. Eating cause you're bored? Go do something. Go out on a walk or something. Don't want to do it alone? Go to the local animal shelter and ask to walk some dogs. Exercise helps speed up the process. But the #1 thing that causes people to gain weight is our poor diets and excess amount of sugar.
>>
>>18055778
Apps that track your calorie intake helps a lot
>>
>>18055778
Eat less, exercise more.
>>
>>18055778
Read the /fit/ sticky. It's a long read, but it's useful info.
Measure your portions and track your calories.
If you're serious about losing weight and keeping it off, make small, positive and permanent changes to your diet over time.
Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.
For motivation, if you prefer the negative kind (people making fun of fat people), /fit/ usually has a fat person hate thread up.
Good luck anon. It's a long, hard road, but a rewarding one.
>>
Do you drink soda OP?

Smart small with quitting that entirely. Just stop it. No diet soda, no once in a while, just quit cold turkey. Once you get over the hump you will never even want it anymore.
>>
>>18055778

there's no secret to it. you diet. you dont keep junk in the home and you have someone to talk to when you get cravings. someoe who ISNT dieting so tehy can stop you. if they ever cave in beyond your monthly agreed upon limits, than you ened to replace them cuz they're not holding you to your standard.
>>
>>18055778

try a physical activity that you enjoy doing like pingpong or gardening. look for an eatery that's good enough for you to be excited motivated to go eat there or buy takeout food from and near enough to walk but far enough for the walk to be exercise. drink water before eating anything and before buying food and groceries. get a dog that likes to run in the park.
>>
Thanks everyone. I'll put to the trash every chocolate and candies I have here and only buy food when I don't want to eat I walk 6km a day, I'll try to walk more. I'll work on my willpower. Thank you all for your support.
>>
>>18055778
jog and stop eating like a fucking whale.
>>
>>18055778
>broke af so no gym possible
Usually, you don't need a gym to lose weight. You need a gym to build muscle.

Running and many fat burning, cardio exercises don't cost anything to do at home.

>I'm a chocolate and sugar addict
First of all, if you're an addict, you probably spend more than $20 a month in that junk and guess how much most basic gym membership costs? $20 or less a month.

Second, you have to demonstrate a thing called "self control." You want to not be fat, right? But sugar and chocolate are adverse to that goal. So as a mature and responsible adult, you must force yourself to not eat that poison.

Unfortunately, there's no one who is going to be by your side 24/7 preventing you from making poor choices. It's up to you and only you to lose weight.
>>
>>18056885
try not to use willpower. Instead try to use "how do I make it easier for myself to be healthy". Example: not owning chocolate in the house makes it easier to not eat chocolate. Owning carrots makes it easier to eat them.

Make a list of all foods you would call healthy. Buy those, not the other ones.
>>
just stop eating.

if I'm a 90-lb female that can stop eating anything except for water for 16 days at a time, you most definitely can too. it feels /really/ good to be empty.

like you, I'm also a sugar addict that's able to eat two litres of ice-cream and the same of candy in a single weekend, so no excuses.
>>
stop eating so much food, and stop eating garbage
>>
>>18055802
Obviously you haven't matured enough if you don't know the difference between "of" and "have".
>>
stop eating, fat fuck.
>>
It still left me overweight, which I got rid of by living with hippies in the mountains, eating but the porridge they would give me and cutting some wood occasionaly. Thus I lost 10 kilos and became (and stayed) normal weight. Now if your first thought is you can't do this, because you don't know friendly hippies, you have a problem with intelligence and not weight.
>>
>>18055778
Download Nike plus running app
>>
>>18055778
Set yourself up to not fail OP.

You probably get fast-food and shitty grocery food. So leave your cash and credit cards at home. You literally won't be able to buy food when you're out. Also throw away all the shitty food in your pantry.
>>
>>18055778
Go low carb, I lost 80 lbs just doing that, no working out required. It's a frame of mind and requires a lifestyle change.
>>
just find a guy who likes fat girls
>>
>>18055778
>im fat and broke

Perfect combination. Stop eating. Wham.
You will never find an overweight person who is starving. It's is literally calories in, calories out. Cut yourself to a thousand calories a day, even if all it is is chocolate and sugar. The pounds will melt off.
>>
>>18055778
>>18055948

This, the /fit/ sticky is godtier information that will help you. That and Scooby's Workouts

ignore fad diets, it's a long term gameplan you need to commit to

If you make realistic goals (I will record my food plan for one week ---> I will record my calories for one week ---> (with your calculed TDEE) I will eat x calories for one week) (+ do similarly for exercise), you will be golden. Remember that weight loss can be hard to keep track of because water weight changes daily, and any high sodium foods/glucose will increase your water weight, NOT your fat. And initial weight loss can be bumpy, so hang in there and you will see relatively linear progress
>>
File: 1477627873258.jpg (37KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477627873258.jpg
37KB, 600x338px
>>18055778
This may not be as effective for you as it was for me, but stop drinking soda or anything that has a high sugar content, if you have to have coffee, go black or with some milk.

I stopped gaining weight as soon as I stopped drinking soda (and I eat relatively cleanly)
>>
>>18055778

OP, look at it this way. If you want to look good, you're gonna have to go through some pain.

Pining for that hot fudge sundae from marble slab or someshit? just go without it and suffer through the 'pain' of not having it.

I used that as an example since you can't go to the gym, which also a chief source of "pain" for someone trying to lose weight.

I've embraced the pain (of hunger) recently and I've lost 15 pounds. It's fun, try it. not the healthiest method though
>>
Diet and start small. Looking into the different options available:
>keto
>CICO
>low carb

You're setting yourself to fail if you do a complete 180 change.

Personally, I'm on keto. It works for me and my lifestyle
>>
>>18058108
Keto can be a bit of a jump for some people, especially those addicted to sugar, however it is extremely effective for that reason. That's how I started my weight loss, mostly to curb my soda addiction, and then transitioned later into a normal CICO approach. I eat a lot of meat and so I was able to easily lose the bread and rice and crackers and all those other carbs and live mostly off meat and nuts and vegetable. But most people are weak and not willing to make that very small sacrifice, eating less is hard enough for most, not to mentio completely food they're addicted to.
>>
Keto is a meme for most people. If your current diet is mostly-carbs then just switch to a moderate carb diet; expecting to make an extreme change suddenly is the easiest way to fail.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.