[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nihilism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg (192KB, 532x402px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg
192KB, 532x402px
How can i cure myself from nihilism?
>>
File: finlandyes.jpg (21KB, 468x312px) Image search: [Google]
finlandyes.jpg
21KB, 468x312px
>>18054865
Just go watch hockey naked with your bros
>>
>>18054865
Seek the best for yourself and your people and then you can at least be sure that you didn't live and die in vain.
>>
>>18054867
When i try doing stuff it always comes down to the feeling that nothing matters, other than maybe hedonism.
>>
Realise that life chaotically spurting into existence is probably less likely than it being created
>>
>>18054868
I went through a deep nihilistic phase and really the only thing that pulled me out was the thought of leaving something good behind even if it was small. The world is a dark place and if but one small light remains it is still a light for someone else to find their way with.
>>
File: Arthur Euroshoppenhauer.jpg (43KB, 400x537px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur Euroshoppenhauer.jpg
43KB, 400x537px
You create your own values.
>>
>>18054868
Also I was kinda opposite of you when I went through my nihilism phase as I turned away from hedonism. Hedonism made me feel like I was just living like another typical animal doing everything based upon my most basic instincts, reaction instead of action. What did it matter to party and sleep with women, it meant nothing as the moment would always pass and be over. I didn't want to live like everyone else, like another animal. That is when I started to pull myself out of my depression.
>>
>>18054865

Why would you bother? It doesn't matter.
>>
>>18054865

In all seriousness though, find Jesus. Without him, nothing really does matter.
>>
>>18054865
Pick up a bible and embrace the words of jesus
>>
File: 1487215791547.jpg (632KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1487215791547.jpg
632KB, 1000x1400px
>>18054865
Its a hard thing to cure
but the best way to fight the nihl aka meaningless
is to fill your world with meaning. For me its the people i love and the drive to get better and self improve it will never go away completely but you can view it in a new leaf
>>
There is no way. Nothing can be cured.
>>
nihilism is like aids

you can treat it but its lifelong
>>
Read Nietzsche and become an Ubermensch.
>>
Dearly beloved
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called life

Electric word life
It means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you
There's something else
The afterworld

A world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills
You know the one - Dr Everything'll Be Alright
Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cause in this life
Things are much harder than in the afterworld
In this life
You're on your own
>>
File: 1479862165696.jpg (121KB, 889x534px) Image search: [Google]
1479862165696.jpg
121KB, 889x534px
>>18054865
Live by this.
>>
>>18055051
And this too.
>>
>>18054865
asking this question makes you not a nihilist.
>>
>>18054865
Don't try out get rid of the nihilism, use nihilism in a positive way.

I.E. Our planet is miniscule and inconsequential in the universe, so I will eat an entire cake.

Not the best example but you get the idea.
>>
study based peterson
>>
>>18054865
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
>t. Nietzsche
>>
Read Tolstoy for starters.
>>
File: IMG_1406.png (80KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1406.png
80KB, 460x259px
>>18055204
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>18055021
Nietzche promoted doing things for the greater good, for the good of your country. That if you lose faith in yourself or humanity do something that will promote your fellow countrymen and give them the steps they need to reach their potential.
>>
>>18054865
Listen to Katy Perry's new single Chained to the Rhythm featuring Skip Marley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gsGhdZDC-0
>>
>>18055446
>Katy Parry
This will only increase it if anything.
>>
>>18055427
Where did he say this? Genuinely curious because most of what I've read depicts Nietzsche as critical of most aspects of nationalism, and I'm almost sure he would never speak of something like the "greater good."
>>
traditionalism
follow your grandpa's advice
>>
>>18054865
what's wrong with it? are you that much of a pussy to deal with it?
>>
>>18054865
existentialism

nihilism>existentialism>flourishing

you're on the right track, OP!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.