[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longing for ex - or contact with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: thinking_thought-bubble_doubt.jpg (401KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
thinking_thought-bubble_doubt.jpg
401KB, 1600x1067px
Hi /adv/. I've been having these thoughts of getting back in touch with my ex this week and I can't really explain some stuff. Hoping you could give me a piece of mind.

About a year ago, my ex broke up with me in March. We had little contact back then. She had an accident where she fell off a cliff and almost broke her back so we had contact then. When we saw each other again back home, things were tense and awkward. Last week, however, we saw each other multiple times and had a good conversation. Eventually we made out.

We've had no contact since last week, and even though I have been meeting new girls in the meantime, she has been on my mind for like every day. And I'm looking for a reason, although sometimes I feel like seeing her again. But I have no goal with that in mind and that is the weird thing for me.

I've been thinking of sending her a text with all this and seeing how she feels about it. The weird thing is that I have a date planned next week where I am looking forward to, but then at the same time these thoughts about my ex seem weird.

Hoping you could clarify some of these things.
>>
>>18054371
Never get back in touch with your ex, it didn't work before so there is no reason it will work now
>>
Have either one of you changed since your breakup? If not, you'll just end up breaking up for the same reason and it'll be worse since it's the second round.

I know you don't want to hear this, but unless both of you actively address the issue from the last break up it'll never work out.
>>
>>18054371
I'm gonna be upfront with you anon, it's mostly your brain playing tricks on you. It takes anywhere from a couple months to a year or two to fully get over an ex and look at them objectively and realize hooking up with them again is a bad idea. You broke up for a reason.

>Last week, however, we saw each other multiple times and had a good conversation. Eventually we made out.

You fucked up, son. Your hormones and pre-existing attachment are steering the ship now and you need to tell them to fuck off before you do something you regret.
>>
>>18054376
That's the thing I've been saying to mates ever.

>>18054377
She changed a lot during her accident and now in recovery as well. Obviously she is not the same person as she was before, and I feel like I have changed a lot due to my introspection period after the breakup. I guess it's this feeling of familiarity.

>>18054380
It's been almost a year and sometimes i feel like I went back to the first couple of months. How is it my mind playing tricks on me?

Well, we were both drunk, had a really good conversation and I think that that was the point.

It's been over a year since I last had sex so Yeah sometimes my hormones do drive something.

But I don't know. Then why is this thought in my head for so long even though I know it might not be the right choice
>>
>>18054385
>It's been almost a year and sometimes i feel like I went back to the first couple of months. How is it my mind playing tricks on me?

Because like I said, it can take several years to fully "get over" an ex. You might still be in the attachment phase. Your brain still thinks of her as the person you are romantically involved with so your mind reacts to her romantically by default. But the reality is, you aren't romantically involved anymore, so now you're just playing the waiting game before you start thinking of her as just another person you aren't attracted to.
>>
To add on to that, it's easy to focus on an ex when you're still not in a new relationship because you're not used to the loneliness yet
>>
>>18054390
That might be an explanation, thanks. I would not have thought that these feelings could have last for such a huge amount of time, but this makes sense as she is (so far) the only and first person I have been very in love with. To add on your 'getting used to the loneliness', I have definitely been more at peace with myself and one of my priorities is just to have it okay with myself.

It's weird discussing this while generally I am looking very forward to meeting new girls and am curious to my date next week as well.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.