[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I'm 18 and about to graduate highschool. I'm not very smart and have a horrible work ethic. I also have no ambitions or any idea what I will do after graduation. The question is what would you guys do in my shoes. Should I fall for the college meme and even so I don't know what field I should go into. I just need an adult to show me how not to be homeless.
>>
>>18053660
Just go to community college and take a survey semester and see if anything strikes your fancy. If not take some time off to work. It's what I did, now I'm not so lazy, but I used to be.
>>
you'll probably go to college. I went and it was a mistake, but I've recovered just fine. if there is a job that you think you can stand to do all day with adequate pay and benefits do that now.
>>
>>18053682
what job would you reccomend. Im no good with preasure and dont wanna do labor
>>
>>18053736
bitch I don't know you. nobody wants to labor, that's why they call it labor.
>>
>>18053679
that sounds pretty good I guess
>>
no ambitions? that sucks. Just out of curiosity, why do you even get out of bed in the morning?
>>
>>18053660
If you dont think college is for you, why not do a (legit) technical school? Or enter into an apprenticeship like glass shaping?
>>
>>18053660
You either go to college, do physical labor or get paid little. You can get lucky by learning computer/software engineering for free online, otherwise pick one.
>>
Go into a skill trade.

I did culinary arts because I had no idea what I want to do and I figured being able to cook well would be an excellent skill to have.

8 years later and I realize that no matter what I do for a living the fact that I HAVE to do it makes me dislike it but at least I can cook well.
>>
>>18053660
>If you dont think college is for you, why not do a (legit) technical school?

Seconded, go to a tech school. You'll make enough with a technical degree to live on your own. Go be an adult and explore your interests in the mean time. Then you can pivot towards a more committed career once you're more clear about what you enjoy.

And that technical degree will always be a fantastic insurance policy for any future risky endeavors career wise.
>>
File: drugs2.png (57KB, 775x510px) Image search: [Google]
drugs2.png
57KB, 775x510px
>>18053660
>The question is what would you guys do in my shoes.

To answer the question, if I were in your shoes, I would go to college. It'll give you the opportunity to find something that you enjoy that you think you'd like to make some money in.

The question you should be asking yourself is not whether or not you want to go to college. College or really school of any sort, as you're just now learning for the first time, is temporary, and you're getting out of the WORST stretch of it. You'd still have to take a few classes you don't care about, but trust me, if you're willing to put up with a few more years of it, it's worth it, and it's no where near as annoying as high school.

The question you should be asking yourself is what do you want to do for a living?

If you could make money in any possible way of your choosing, what would it be?

The answer to that question will have its own set of requirements, and you should pursue them regardless of what those requirements are, even if it means stumbling a bit along the way.

So maybe a better answer to your question is I'd take a good hard look at my hobbies, at things that interest me that I wouldn't mind doing every day for a paycheck.

I earn a salary doing a job I love, despite how stressful it is, and I was in the exact same place as you. Even though you don't need a college degree for my job, or any sort of certification, I don't think I could have ever landed my job if I hadn't gotten one.

It's OK to not know what field you should go into right away, I didn't for my first 2 years at college.

And like another anon suggested, there's nothing wrong with a technical school either if that sounds more appealing to you, or an apprenticeship, or anything else, it's totally your choice and no one should judge you for it.

But I think you should focus on the job you want, because the purpose of college is to prepare you for a job.

That's what I'd do.
>>
>>18053888
Btw, I don't make that much money either, just enough to afford living expenses and put a little bit away. I don't live like a king, but I also don't mind going to work each day. And regardless of whether you go to college or not, you should strive to work somewhere that you won't mind going in and out of every day.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.