[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to move to USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: us flag.jpg (256KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
us flag.jpg
256KB, 2000x1000px
I'm in university in Sweden, 20 years old and studying my first year of physics.

I want to somehow live in America, preferably directly after i graduate or sooner.

What's the best way to accomplish this?
>>
bumpo
>>
File: immigration flow chart.jpg (2MB, 2448x1584px) Image search: [Google]
immigration flow chart.jpg
2MB, 2448x1584px
Do you have family in the USA? If not then your only way would be to get accepted into a US graduate school, but after you graduate you'll have to go back home unless you find an american to marry or a company willing to jump through the many legal and financial loopholes to get you a work visa.

Or if you are independently wealthy you can arrange to live here but not be eligible to work.
>>
The fastest way os to join the military and go into combat (so marines are pretty likely)
>>
>>18053199
My dad's cousins and his aunt lives there, but I'm guessing that's not good enough.

What are the chances of a company taking me in?
>>
>>18053204
that's a fast track to citizenship, but you need to already have a greencard before you can apply

>>18053211
sorry, has to be immediate family

>what are the chances of a company taking me in
well what degree are you pursuing? With just a simple bachelors degree, almost none. The company will need to justify to the government why they are hiring an immigrant over an American and the only acceptable reasons are "he is investing $1 million+ in the business", or "we attempted to find a qualified American for this highly specialized job but were unable to" and if they say the latter they'll have to conduct another job search while the paperwork is pending. With just a bachelors and no experience a company can't really justify that even if they want to hire you. Realistically you need a masters degree in a highly specialized area and decades of experience to get a work visa.

The best bet is to go to grad school in the US and find someone to marry. After 2 years you can apply for residency, but if your visa expired during that time you would have to go back to your home country and apply from there. Once you've applied it will be several more years until you are processed, this is because the bureaucratic department that handles immigration is hopelessly understaffed and the republicans refuse to pay for more bureaucrats because immigration=bad! It got a lot worse under Obama too because he made an executive order that illegal immigrants who had been in the country for over a decade could apply for legal status, but again republicans refused to add more bureaucrats because fuck you obama, so the wait times got even longer.

It's a really shitty system, sorry about that.
>>
>>18053236
Well, I'm planning on at least a master in physics or engineering and see where that leads me. Maybe a PhD if that's what I wanna do. I guess the demand for physicists isn't too great. I know some Swedish programmers who went to work in America for a couple of years, so it can't be impossible, right?

It's a very weird system you have. Kinda feels like taking in an educated person in good health is always a good thing for the country. At least that's the philosophy here in Europe.
>>
>>18053268
Actually the immigration laws in most first world nations are just as strict, if not stricter, free movement between EU countries is the big exception. I don't specifically know anything about the Swedish immigration system but a number of years ago I was thinking about emigrating to Denmark and found that even marrying a Danish woman was not enough to get citizenship. If you're unhappy in Sweden then I suggest moving to another EU country as it would be much easier than moving to the US. But if you have your heart set on Freedomland then talk to your acquaintances who are working here, perhaps they know something I don't.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.