[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JOB HELP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (76KB, 1178x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 1178x768px
So I got a call back from Walmart, after I applied there. I was at school when they called and just listened to the voicemail now. They said to call back, but how do I know when to call? I'm confused and need help.
>>
as soon as you listen to it so they know you really want the job. if it's like midnight still call if they are open. if they are closed til the morning then call first thing in the morning.

state your name and let them know you got a voicemail about the job from whoever. they'll redirect you to the hiring person, or let you know when to call again, or let you know when to come in for an interview.
>>
>>18053019
It's walmart, call literally anytime.
>>
Call ASAP. Along the lines of "hi good afternoon my name is anon, I had gotten a call earlier about an application I submitted." Don't sweat it kid. Usually he will reply with "oh yes, are you available for an interview tomorrow". Easy stuff.
>>
>>18053045
"hi" and "good afternoon" are two greetings back-to-back. Please use only one.
>>
>>18053045
The thing is it's 7:30, and they called at 11am :(
>>
>>18053053

Just call them dude it's fucking Wal-Mart. How nervous can you get?

This kind of shit is easy.
>>
>>18053048
It works as "Hi! Good afternoon" with a smile. Usually great for more informal ggreetings between repeat customers

Sounds more natural and less sterile than just good _______ although yeah I guess thats useful too
>>
You clearly have no idea this is not an interview..
>>
>>18053230
Depends. One of my jobs i called back and the HR person gave me a phone interview right away
>>
>>18053277
This desu

Since its walmart it will most likely be a 'so when can you come in' type, but i've had the same happen
>"hello is this anon? Hi! i'm anon calling from some company, do you have a few minutes to answer a few questions..."
>>
>>18053019
Oh wow, this happened to me back in May.
Just call back in the morning anon, its not that difficult.
When you do get hired download the WalmartOne app and don't call out that much until you hit your 6 month mark.
>>
>>18054358
I wish I will be hired, but I doubt it if I'm not a way outgoing guy.
>>
DUDE. This is not a hard situation, OK?

Just call back tomorrow morning, during business hours of course. Let's say 10 o'clock. "Hi, I'm applying for a job and yesterday you left a voicemail asking me to call. My name's X. Sorry I didn't call yesterday, I was out for most of the day."

Honestly, you don't even need to say the last sentence, even hiring managers at Wal-Mart do understand that people have lives. But say it if it'll make you feel better.

Calling back within 24 hours is perfectly reasonable. It will not count against you.
>>
>>18054793
>I wish I will be hired, but I doubt it if I'm not a way outgoing guy.
As for this, it's fucking Wal-Mart, man. You have a pulse. You speak English. You're already more qualified than some of the people they hire there, no offense meant (I've worked at Wal-Mart). That doesn't mean you should take it personally if you don't get hired, that just means they had a lot of applicants and when they spun the half-empty vodka bottle in the break room it came to rest pointing at somebody else's name. Relax.
>>
I worked at walmart for a long time and was a manager there. They won't do a phone interview, just schedule you a separate interview.

If you have open availability, and are willing to work nights, they will probably hire you even if you are weird or a sperg. Just don't be a complete, literal fucking idiot, but even many of those get through if you can work nights and pass the drug test.

Good luck, brother.
>>
Fuck it I'm not calling back fuck you all and fuck Walmart
>>
>>18053019
How long did they take to call back? Been waiting a week and no calls so far
>>
>>18055101
Cool man, maybe I'll take your job
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.