[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with thoughts of you dying in the distant future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: stressed.jpg (14KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
stressed.jpg
14KB, 350x210px
I've recently had another grandad die around 6 months ago and I recently turned 24 just last year with me being 25 this year, it scares me honestly.

I know this isn't the first and I know deep down everyone is scared of their death in the end but it still gets to me, this is my only life you know?

It's hard to explain but have you ever seen the peep show where the camera is the person? That is what I feel like, like thinking these thoughts and realising that one day I won't open my eyes is something that could cripple me if I let it.
>>
>>18052655
What exactly is bad about dying? There is a natural instinct to stay alive, but if you set that down and think about it, there isn't much about death to be afraid of, except possibly the act that brings you to death.
>>
I'm terrified of death because I cheated on my girlfriend towards the beginning of our relationship because it wasn't going anywhere and I never told her and now I'm afraid I'm going to suffer for eternity but I love her and don't want to lose her. Otherwise, I would not fear death but the whole concept of being in another dimension or even erased from existence just completely fucks with me
>>
>>18052694
OP here.

Because there is just so much to experience, so much to know and so much to improve yourself (like right now I'm getting /fit/ have been since December) and I just don't want me or people around me to go but at the same time I don't want us to be immortal since eventually I imagine you will be numb to everything and that
>>
>>18052655
Worry no more:

http://www.alcor.org/
>>
>>18052655
I've thought about death a lot. Only conclusion I've come to thus far is that ignorance is bliss. There may be a more satisfactory end to this horrible fact but I doubt we'll ever get to it, so ignorance is bliss is a quick solution. Just allow yourself to be alive while you are still alive. You can think about death when you're dead.

Yes, that last part is supposed to be witty, I know you can't think about death when you're dead. But you get my point, right? I'd practice some mindfulness if I were you. Try to exist in there "here and now". Sounds kinda lame and bullshitty, I know, but psychologists have taken it to use to teach people suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder (such as me), among other things.

Don't let too much time go by thinking about it, focus on the things that make you happy.
>>
>>18052962
Thank you for your reply Howard.

Yes I think ignoring it and just living a healthy life with little complications as possible is the best step forward, the only thing wrong with me is me being overweight which I'm already been working on since December, I have no bad genes as far as I know and apart from being autistic there is nothing else wrong with me.

It isn't bullshit I mean animals don't think of the future, it's why we are upset because we are animals but we are developed enough to realise all of this and for the sake of our sanity we have to think like animals do but with some planning as well so you don't end up on the streets obviously.

At the moment I'm going to be doing my GCSEs this year then next year do an access course so I can go to university hopefully.
>>
>>18052655
my dad died in front of me very unexpectedly at christmas.
changed my mindset a lot. you can die any moment. anyone. gotta live in the moment. I started doing drugs and try to discover more about life before I go out. I changed my environment and started travelling more.

Nobody has right answer. some people end up fucking up and OD and shit. I'm trying to love myself more
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.