[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm scared to date someone who drinks alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0098.jpg (188KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
188KB, 750x1334px
Im worried that they'll inevitably get drunk and fuck up somehow, whether that be cheating, revealing sensitive info, etc. I didn't trust my previous girlfriend of two years because she exhibited some shady behavior but it was small stuff I was willing to work out or look over, however once she started talking about going out to drink once in a while my paranoia became too much and I cut things off.
I'm questioning myself not because I'm thinking of getting back with her (I couldn't trust her period, she cheated on a previous partner) but for my future relationships, I'd hate to meet someone who I really liked and fuck it up because I'm scared they'll get drunk and cheat on me.
What do you think /adv/? What are your thoughts on the topic?
>>
why?

when you're drunk, you become the real you and not the person that acts the way you think you should. you don't radically change your personality when you're drunk unless you're fake to begin with.

my advice. learn how they act while drunk and if its shady then don't date that person.

do you drink? It doesn't sound like you do
>>
>>18052574

This is a good answer. Plenty of people can control their behavior and responsibly drink. Plenty of people can't. Go out with them, have a few drinks with them, and see what kind of person they are.

Booze isn't inherently evil. In fact, it's a lot of fun.
>>
>>18052574
>>18052599
I don't drink, I had an uncle die in his 30s due to liver failure from alcoholism and when I was was with my previous girlfriend's family (who drank a lot) it was always a bad time. Her mother and her boyfriend would always fight, he even punched her in the stomach one time and bit her another, he'd then come home and puke all over the floor, they both cheated on each other while drunk for over 5 years, and when my girlfriend was drunk when she was younger,he uncle who was also drunk molested her.
I don't think alcohol is inherently evil,I've just never had good experiences with it and like to avoid it because of that.
>>
The most important part she says go out "to" drink instead of go out and drink. Think about that mentality. It's a fix for something.
>>
>>18052522
Then date a sober chick you nerd
>>
>>18052645
For some reason typing out all my reasons made me really understand why I feel that way and it's legitimate, never mind guys I'm good now, this anon is right, I'll just have to stick with sober girls.
With all the negatives I've experienced, the good parts of drinking isn't worth it to me and that's okay
>>
>>18052638
it's natural to try and associate something with their bad behaviour but the fact of the matter is your uncle had a substance abuse problem (if it wasn't alcohol it would be something else) and your girlfriend's family were just shitty people.

avoiding alcohol and people who drink it is kind of an irrational way to deal with your issues.
>>
>>18052666
What's a better way to deal with them then
>>
>>18052522

Someone who drinks alcohol and an alcoholic are two very different kinds of people.

If you're so terrified of being cheated on that alcohol in itself is a point of anxiety for you then your problem is not alcohol, your problem is your chronic insecurity and abandonment issues.

This poster (>>18052666) said it correctly.

Avoiding people who drink alcohol is not the solution to your issues, its a small band-aid on a symptom of the issue and not the issue itself. Trust me, even without alcohol in the equation, your mind will find other ways to drive itself to extreme paranoia.
>>
>>18052691
What do you suggest I do then?
>>
>>18052689
meet people who are fun when they drink (i know, easier said than done). you gotta disassociate alcohol with negativity.

it also sounds you have a lot of anxiety and you should probably talk to a therapist or something. like >>18052691 said, your mind will find other things to exacerbate your fears.
>>
>>18052660
I'm not sober and I'm dating a sober chick. It's pretty nice really. I got drunk at a party the night we first made out but I've been sober anytime I've been with her since.
>>
>>18052809
Your point being that it can still work?
I assume you've given her no reason not to trust you right?
>>
I dated a 17 year old girl when I was 24. She was pretty hot, the classic jailbait look (it's legal here, though frowned upon). She was also a regular binge drinker. It turned me off so much that we stopped dating after a couple of months. I drink with my friends occasionally, but when it becomes a major part of your circle's culture it's just sad.
>>
Gonna just go to bed guys, thanks for the input
>>
>>18052522
there are plenty of people who don't drink.
>>
>>18052836
I've never cheated on anybody.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.