[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I screw this up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: watchdog_man.jpg (16KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
watchdog_man.jpg
16KB, 225x350px
Met up with this woman for coffee last night for a first date. I think it was going really well, the conversation was lively and there were some good laughs here and there.

Towards the end of the evening I asked "So why are you single?" totally meaning it in a "HOW are you single kind of way", but I don't think it came across that way. She proceeded to go into the details about a sordid past with an ex who has moved to town to follow her there and that she's thinking about getting a restraining order against.

I actually don't mind this per se (have dealt with this before), but she had a "I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm telling you this" moment that made it clear that she was uncomfortable. I glossed over it as best I could, but I do think it left something of a cloud over the rest of the evening.

Is that just a no-no question in general?
>>
File: 1391739369160.jpg (265KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1391739369160.jpg
265KB, 960x960px
Nigger ill tell you what a no-no question is.

You got a important deal break interview in the morning and it is midnight. You can't get sleep for shit as much as you try and then the time comes you shower get ready suit up and boot up when you get there you have 3 people interviewing you at the same time you have a surprisingly good autopilot and are able to answer everything correctly and even manage to impress them but then the question of "what are some of your achievements" comes up and you take a short time to answer it briefly unprepared for the follow up from 1 of them taking 10 minutes to explain to you that it's alright to have small things as achievements then you ask. YOU ASK. YOU ASK THE FUCKING NO-NO OF FUCKING NO-NO QUESTIONS.

>"can we please move on to the next question?"

I almost killed myself. Still lose sleep over that interview.
>>
>>18051945
you should take this as a warning and never see her again. This is how unsuspecting guys like you get killed.
>>
>>18051945
I usually ask something along these lines in the first date or two. It's amazing the way some people sperg out (like this girl did) and reveal themselves. Saves you a lot of wasted time.
>>
>>18051945
I'm gonna agree with the other anon. The "how/why are you single" question, even if meant in an incredulous, complimentary way, is usually just a can of worms that you really don't want to open. The only time it won't get you into trouble is when dealing with girls in their teens and maybe early 20s, and it's still not worth asking them
>>
>>18052028
>>18052028
But isn't that just avoiding asking because you might not like the truth, rather than because it's simply a socially inappropriate question? Seems like you're just delaying the inevitable if there's actually an issue there to be concerned about. Isn't it better to just know upfront rather than waiting to find out the hard way after time and feelings have been invested into things?
>>
>>18051945

if you like her and want it to work, pretty much avoid asking anything that might lead to you judging her or negative emotions at all, for the first few dates at least. make sure she only associates you with positive emotions.
>>
>>18051957
You're overplaying it nigger. As far as interviews go there's worse. Overestimating yourself too, pft, get over yourself.
>>
>>18052051
Ok. Lesson learned I guess. Meant it to be playful but will just avoid it in the future.
>>
File: 1390683315720.gif (688KB, 250x163px) Image search: [Google]
1390683315720.gif
688KB, 250x163px
>>18052057
Yes because relationship issues are the fucking worst. Get a fucking reality check, you mongoloid. Having a job and being independent knowing what's important and not being a fucking leech is so much less important than having a woman to suck your dick, right? You got me fucked up.

And you tell me I overestimate myself. What a fucking tough guy. Wouldn't want to fuck with you, huh?
>>
>>18051945
The question is only a little odd. Her answer is what made it weird.

I mean, I know all the reasons I'm actually single, but I would never tell someone that shit on a first date. I'd just give them some half truth answer about how I'm pretty private and don't get out as much as a used to. Spilling your soul like that is kind of a sign that she's still dealing with that shit.

DO NOT ENGAGE, OP!
>>
>>18052132
Are you okay anon?
>>
>>18052132
You spasing out you autistic fuck. I said

>as far as interviews go there's worse

I didn't mention relationship but obviously getting a fucking job and "being independent" and all that is new and a hard thing to you. Is life beating you so hard that you're a neurotic mess you fucking retard? Get a grip and again, get over yourself, faggot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.