[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Communication in a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
I am completely understanding about the fact that we all grieve differently and in more ways I could possibly count. I do want to begin by saying that first, however.

More importantly, though, when you're currently in a situation where you're "talking" to someone and you're talking everyday, etc etc. Let's say your mother is dying of cancer, a large corporation buys your house from underneath you and make you move out, you're a single mom, you're in school and you're sick.

Would you seriously alienate the person you're talking to for weeks or even months?

In this case, she still has time to take a photo of her dog and post it on Facebook, constantly post things on Facebook to get likes and comments, and decides to make it public on her newsfeed that someone she was talking to (me) got pissed because she couldn't make time for me do to what she's going through.

> I had told her that I would never publicly post childish shit like that
>I told her that my entire world could completely come apart and I would always make time to talk to my significant other or someone I'm talking to, especially if I'm really serious about them.
>She kept throwing the "everyone grieves differently" excuse and said that she doesn't have time to talk to me but she'll rant on Facebook all day while her mother is in Hospice....

Honestly, and I being too harsh by just asking her to just periodically maintain communication? I'm not even asking for all day communication. She has been through TONS of failed relationships, has 2 kids by 2 different guys... but somehow I'm in the wrong for telling her that despite what's going on, nothing should prevent her from keeping the communication between us so that it doesn't die.

Opinions?
>>
It can get exhausting and overwhelming talking to the same person. If she doesn't talk to you at all then yes, I think you're right to be upset about this, but if she's just giving you less attention than she used to, then I think you need to get over it.
>>
>>18050737

She already wasn't giving enough attention because her daughter constantly obsesses over her attention and it's a long distance thing. And I didn't make much argument over that, but totally not talking at all? I don't think I'm wrong either.
>>
>>18050717

drop the bitch. if she doesnt come to you for comfort, then you aint the one making her come if you know what I mean ;)
>>
>>18050770
If it's an LDR, then the chances it was going to work out were slim at most in the first place.

And honestly, it sounds like she's got a busy, stressful life. A conversation with you takes time and energy, posting shit on Facebook takes 30 seconds. When you think about it that way, what's going on makes more sense.
>>
>>18050785

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't develop this zero tolerance zero communication guideline overnight. Just like she didn't develop her "ignore who I'm talking to" when I'm stressed out overnight, either. If a female doesn't maintain communication over a certain period of time, I drop her instantly, regardless of the reason. I might still be single, but ask me how much relationship stress, children out of wedlock, or general women problems I end up with? ZERO. It takes lots of time and patience to not only maintain relationship integrity, but once her mother is dead and gone, what's she have then? The person who would have potentially been there for her just left her ass because she didn't know how to say hi and let someone know she was doing fine. That takes 30 seconds and so does a Facebook post, right? I sound harsh, but honestly, she's taken more shit from old boyfriends and communication was my only issue with her.
>>
>>18050819
Look. You're not a priority for her now. She's got 2 kids. She's trying to cope with her mother's cancer. She's got her housing situation to deal with. She's got a lot of things on her mind right now, and talking to you about it isn't going to help. Posting things on Facebook is probably the only normalcy she gets. If you can't handle this, then no one's making you stay in the relationship.
>>
>>18050852

Ignoring me doesn't help either. If my mother died, I'd be devastated, but I would always retain my sane mind. Probably because I spent more time at home than my siblings and I established probably the strongest bond with my mother that will burn bright forever. I think I'm smart enough to know that although we all grieve in different ways, strong communication is a requirement in all relationships and without it, its death is inevitable. Imagine if your wife's mother died and instead of confiding in you, she moved out for months. How long do you thing that marriage would last?
>>
>>18050864
>Imagine if your wife's mother died and instead of confiding in you, she moved out for months. How long do you thing that marriage would last?
But that's not what's happening here. What's happening here is that you're in an LDR, which results in you being less of a real person who is a priority in her life to you being more abstract. You're not around to help her physically, you're more of a chore than anything. She's probably physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted, she just doesn't have the time and resources for you right now. Instead of understanding that she's busy and might need space, you're just being needy.

Like I said, if you can't handle this, then no one says you have to stay.
>>
This really is the guy to listen to and that's all there is to it. Be realistic and not self-centered.
>>18050852
>>18050872
>>
>>18050872

Thanks bro :)
>>
>>18050717
She's being a bitch to you, but you're making things about you, too.
If I have a relationship with someone I make that person my priority. You sound like you are on the same model. your GF doesn't follow that model.
If you don't want this, leave. You don't have to put up with this.
>>
I mean there is just no excuse OP.
She can post dog pictures and rant but can't send you a half-assed 1 line message everyday? That is no love. Damn, that's not even like.

I would drop her. Tell her you wanna break up. If he answer is "ok" then what else do you need?
>>
>>18050717
I went through the same thing as you my dude.

Best thing you can do, let her go. Be silent. Unfollow her on Facebook. See if she notices.

Don't be a punching bag, or a lost puppy.
Be you, be strong, and carry on.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.