[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terrified of College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
My life up until this point has been one ruled by fear, isolation, and depression. Only recently have I begun to finally overcome these issues, including my depression. I now see the value in life, I now know how to truly appreciate every waking breath I take in the peace and comfort of my home, but I still am afraid.

I managed to get my GED with honors, and I figured out what I want to do with my life:
Programming.
I absolutely love programming, I've been doing it as a hobby for 7 years(I am 18 and a half), and I want to go to college to get a degree in Computer Science and do it for the rest of my life.

But I'm so afraid.

I'm really afraid of failing the TSI exam(Texas College's have this accuplacer esque test you take that determines if you need further education in an area before going to full on college), and if I pass that, I'm afraid of being a shitter at the math they have in the class.

I have always struggled with math, but I managed to power through it in the GED. In 3 months, I went from a stupid dumb lazy faggot who couldn't even do long division or multiply anything higher than 11, to an aspiring faggot who could go algebraic equations and quadratics.

I've kind of forgotten a bit of algebra, but so far it's stuck. I really have issues with Geometry.

I know it's not big deal if I don't get a high score on the math portion of the TSI exam because I"ll just be put through math classes, but fuck, I don't want that. I want to go to Comp Sci classes as soon as I can and start getting an actual degree for this and go into the real world with it.

>TLDR:
Has anyone here taken the TSI exam and the GED test? Are they similar? How bad is the math in Comp Sci?
>>
>>18050228
bump
>>
>>18050228

you can do it. i believe in you.
>>
>programming for 7 years

should just make a portfolio and find a job desu

im sure you'd be fine in school. just brush up your math on khan academy
>>
>>18050820
Well most of my programming things up until this point have been mostly small projects. I have been exposed to a wide variety of frameworks and languages over the years and learned alot of different concepts and put them into action, but I want to have some official education as well. I already have a portfolio up but every job search I go to requires a degree. I would also rather just experience life for once. I wanna go experience college.
>>
>>18050228
>7 years programming
You have acquired a set of skills, why not immediately find work and use them to make money? Comp Sci will require a plethora of math classes to take. A brother of mine took compsci, most of the math he did during his undergraduate years involved mostly calculus from what I remember. Review your weaknesses in math and simply exercise your weak points. Math is a skill just like any other, if you do not use it you will lose it. You are young, and you are already way ahead of the game compared to others your age. You'll do fine.
>>
>>18050820
How to sound like a cunt.
>desu
>>
>>18051030
It's a wordfilter you fucking retard
>>
>>18051030
desu I can't believe anons on here are so new they don't even predate Hiro

>an entire generation of anons will be going "moot? whos that lol" before long
>>
>>18051036
Who?
>>
>>18051062
It's gibberish innit?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.