[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just failed a important exam at uni despite my best efforts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Spirit_of_Failure_(large).jpg (18KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit_of_Failure_(large).jpg
18KB, 248x248px
>just failed a important exam at uni despite my best efforts
>feel absolutely worthless, can't really talk to people because they have their own shit going on, don't trust my male friends with emotional stuff
>slipping back into depression, start feeling empty and broken again but i don't want to go back to drinking
>can't even cry in peace because my flat has paper walls and my flatmate is constantly around
i feel like i am at the end of my rope right now, i keep having strong suicidal thoughts and panic attacks when i try to go outside. any advice on how to make it trough this?
>>
if you cannot trust friends with emotional stuff are they really your friends?
>>
>>18049900
i grew up in a very rural village, showing any sort of emotion that isn't rage in front of other guys was a great way to get your ass beat, that kind of stuck with me i suppose. they are otherwise reliable people, i just have a mental block when it comes to talking about feelings with them
>>
>>18049841

I kinda did the same thing, though it was more of a shitstorm that swept me away.

>decide to go back to school part time at 25
>just go to local CC because I have to work still
>take math and chemistry
>do exceptionally well in both
>start tutoring for math next semester
>bang out summer class for BS course
>take next level of Chem
>same Chem prof as last semester
>still do really well
>encouraging me into Chem major
>went from fully booked class to 3 of taking the final
>still have 4.0 GPA because of weighted credits
>next semester is trouble
>not enough people sign up for next level of Chem
>have to take required bullshit course
>class is mind numbingly pointless
>cant find the will to care
>bleeds into math studies
>do particularly shitty
>spiral into depression
>sleepless nights
>stressed out days
>put a hole into the wall at work with the crane twice within a week
>stop going to school
>drop from a 4.0 to a 2.9
>never climbed out
>this was last year

I don't know what I can say to help, really.
>>
>>18050858
Mind if I ask what job you did when you were out of college? I feel like I might fail one of my classes and if I do, then I fail all of them. Just wondering what kind of job people do instead of going to school
>>
Does your uni have a counseling service? A lot of universities offer free counseling on campus. You should look into it as a way to air out the things that are bothering you. If you can't open up to your friends you can always try seeking help from a counselor.
>>
>>18050984

I worked the same job during as i did before and still do now. It's nothing special and kinda shitty, but I work in a warehouse cutting rebar for anchor systems. I basically just run a saw, forklift, and crane. Before that, I was a janitor at two different places, one of which I was a manager. Right now, I make like 24k, which is of course shit.

It feels like a lose/lose situation, though I wouldn't advise anyone to do what I did. Do >>18051006 if you can.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.