[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to obtain above minimum wage job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: umeanwot.jpg (296KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
umeanwot.jpg
296KB, 900x675px
Minimum Wage : 9.50 give or take a few quarters.

My Situation:
I will soon be fresh out of high school and would like to move out. After doing some calculations, if I have a full 40 hour work week at at least 9.50$/hr then there is no way I would be able to pull it off unless I use public transportation and have somewhere near 40 hours a week ( Which would leave me with about 100$-200$ left over to save for emergencies).

>but why are you not getting a full 40 hours or more?
Fast food joints are run by Jews and by extension their managers are Jews. Thus they avoid overtime.

My question :
Is there something I can get certified in within a couple months that will nearly guarantee me 40 hours and somewhere around 12$/hr?

I'm fairly computer literate as far as how the components work, but my programming skills are absolute trash and I don't see them improving any time soon. I have no experience other than fast food. Much help is appreciated here.
>>
"Overtime and a half" means people will only give overtime to folks who are worth 150% what they cost. If you're asking, then this isn't you.
>>
I work at the post office, it's more than 12 an hour and I'd get paid for 40 hours even if they didn't have me work them. if I had started when I was 18 I'd even get to retire before I died.
>>
Look into places that pay above minimum, some places are hurting for employees and offering slightly more to get them.
The fastest route to more pay though is to get into management, unfortunately that will mean you have to work at one place long enough to get offered it. But once you have management experience you're set. You can then apply for any management position anywhere really.

Also hard labor jobs tend to pay better than retail/fast food. Look into lawn care companies, warehouse jobs.
A quick "skill" you can learn is get forklift certified.

You might need to have multiple jobs too mate. Not a lot of places with pay that high will want to give you full time status. You'll be better off juggling 2 part time jobs with higher pay.
>>
>>18049838
Huh, howd you manage to get that job? Every place I've lived always like, held those jobs specifically for retired veterans.

Oh, but also OP, UPS. Friend's bf works for UPS, they pay between 10 and 15, depending on the job. Be wary though, if you're a driver, they are very strict about it. You cannot have any accidents on your record, and you cannot get into any accidents (that are your fault) even in your own personal car or else they'll can ya.
>>
>>18049835
Then I better start throttling down because I'm at about 175%.
>>
>>180498538
It's a good thing I'll be using public transportation then :<). Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>18049853
(different poster)

Every post office holds its jobs for some group in particular, unless the economy is so damned good that nobody can find enough people.

You don't pick the post office - the post office picks you. Most government work operates this way; "the government" is just a galaxy of politicians/bureaucrats and their respective offices.
>>
Dude OP, as a side thing, if you're looking to move out anyway, then get the fuck out of Orlando. Place is expensive as shit to live in. If you wanna stand a chance, when you do look to move, get into a much cheaper suburb at least.
>>
>>18049805

landscaping idiot.

shits always growing in florida

12hr no tax

do that for 3 years

get a real job

15-20 hr
>>
>Is there something I can get certified in within a couple months that will nearly guarantee me 40 hours and somewhere around 12$/hr?
Call centers are your friend.
They hire in these massive waves and you're basically guaranteed in. Depending on where you live, what company it is, and what company you're being subcontracted out to, pay is between $10.50/hr (What I made doing apple tech support in a call center at teleperformance) to $12.50/hr (What I made doing comcast billing support from home through Support.com). My roommate worked for Centurylink doing billing and she made $12/hr flat.

Minimum wage is $7.25/hr here and rent is about $650-700 for a 2br apartment, so it was good money.
>>
>>18049866
That's my goal mate, I just need to stay somewhere where there's family for the time being so that I can finish college and not become homeless.
>>
>>18049873
Looking at Indeed.com and you are correct they are hiring by the masses. Which makes me question how bad this job really is. Alright mate, It looks like I'll be applying to one of these buggers starting off. I appreciate the help!
>>
>>18049898

GO SHOVEL SOME SHIT YOU FAGGOT. who would rather call people than do manual labor at 18
>>
File: 2nufe8.jpg (15KB, 241x304px) Image search: [Google]
2nufe8.jpg
15KB, 241x304px
>>18049913
A person with no form of transportation other than a bus. I went ahead and searched for those landscaping company and most of those require a car. I would rather have something that I know I can obtain quickly to set me up and will remain in one building.
>>
>>18049898
>Which makes me question how bad this job really is
Billing is fucking awful, tech support was a breeze.
They hire in waves because the turnover rate is retardedly high. Very few people are there long-term, and a lot of them are only looking for a few months of work.
>>
>>18049853
>Huh, howd you manage to get that job? Every place I've lived always like, held those jobs specifically for retired veterans.
they were hiring. anyone who passed the background checks. anyone
>Every post office holds its jobs for some group in particular
uh, no. vets get preference, but other than that nobody gives a shit enough to discriminate.
>>
>>18049913
>shovel

Shoveling is for people with pickup trucks.

t. shovelman
>>
>>18049920

i got out of jail at 22, got a job, no car, a prison record. make like 18an hour now. stop being lazy

also i live in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>18049923
Government is where you'll always find the most discrimination. Bureaucrats do what they want, and politicians either bust them or don't bust them. If you're living in a "bust them" district, then count your blessings because they are many.

The place where you'll find the least discrimination is where folks have abandoned all sense of tribalism in favor of cold hard cash. The darkest ghetto will work with the lightest corporate motherfucker, if the price is right. The only thing these folks discriminate against is not being worth enough.
>>
>>18049942
Cool thanks for the tip.
>>
>>18049805
>How to obtain above minimum wage job?
Work for it.
Making supervisor/manager is easy:
>Show up on time
>Don't show up hung over
>Don't stand around talking to people
>If you have nothing to do, use some initiative and find something to tidy/clean/put away
>Don't kiss the managements' ass, but don't be a cunt to them, be civil
>Avoid associating with thieves and reprobates, they will put you in awkward positions or your colleagues will think you are a dick head as well
>If you aren't sure what to do in the first few months, ask, it's better to ask and sound stupid than it is to fuck up later on because you don't know what you are doing
>Stick with the job for at least 18 months, if you aren't able to progress consider moving elsewhere and using your experience to get you a minor increase or a new position
>Don't tell your employer if you are going for another job, seriously, it will only cause problems for the remainder of the time that you stay there, there's really no coming back
>Don't try a hard sell for a raise, if you say "I'll go elsewhere if you don't give me a raise" then they will let you go elsewhere, or they will give you the raise and that's all you will get for the foreseeable future
>Don't be a walk over, if you are offered overtime and you can do it, take it, but don't expect thanks for it

Hopefully this helps
>>
>>18049867
not OP, but are landscaping jobs generally picky? I've seen a few ludicrous postings in my area requiring years of experience for landscaping. The only experience I have is mowing my parents' lawn.
>>
Tfw a studio apartment is like $1800 in Cali.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.