[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To anyone who has had gone through this before, what happens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0404.jpg (2MB, 1652x1162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0404.jpg
2MB, 1652x1162px
To anyone who has had gone through this before, what happens when you call 911 and tell them you want to kill yourself?
I imagine they come and take you to a hospital and then have some evaluate you, but then what? How long do you stay for, do they send you to a facility, do you go home, do you have a choice?
I'm kinda scared but I don't think I'm far gone enough to actually be in enough danger to call. I just want to know what to expect
>>
>>18049770
EMT here, they come and take you to the hospital and have a psychiatrist evaluate you, you'll also talk to a social worker to find out what options are available to you for treatment. From then they'll usually transfer you out to a psychiatric facility where you can hopefully get help in a controlled environment.
>>
thank you anon.
Do you by any chance know if outpatient treatment would still be an option at that point?
>>
>>18049788
sorry but no, I've never been an ER mental health patient myself

but if you feel like you need help then call, but you could probably save yourself some expense and save the EMS some trouble by just going to the hospital yourself if you can.
>>
i got stuck in a hospital for 37 days i didnt even sayor do anything wrong. i guess they tricked me into signing something i dont remember. its been 3 times now. they dont even let you exercise its sucks. wont go back
>>
they wont let you leave until they have you on medication for a while and then have a councellor/therapist/psychologist/psychiatrist that will see you weekly. and prob an outpatient which you know about. i have tips for getting out if you get in and decide you want to leave but they'll keep you for like a week minimum.
>>
Is there not a 211 in your community?
>>
>>18050323
I don't actually know
>>18050281
If you could share your knowledge I'd appreciate it
>>
File: trumps.png (748KB, 1164x1354px) Image search: [Google]
trumps.png
748KB, 1164x1354px
>>18050339
Often a community will have a 211 number that will connect you to a suicide hotline or services that can help you
>>
>Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.
>>
>>18050358
Thanks m8 I'm aware. I just had a question
>>
Hey anon I was admitted forcibly to hospital after unsuccessfully trying to kill myself. I refused to sign anything but I was not allowed to leave, I was not allowed to say no to the meds they gave to me and I was not allowed to leave. They took everything from me except my undergarments and gave me scrubs to wear. They posted a guard outside of my door that was there at all times. I was allowed once to speak to my family who'd been notified. I was not allowed to eat with anything except a spoon (once I actually decided to eat after a few days in hospital). A psychiatrist came everyday and spoke with me and the other certified patients. We had a good time together, the other patients and I. They were really encouraging and supportive to me. They were a huge help in my recovery. I miss some of those people and I hope they're ok.
I've called the suicide hotline before and I just felt worse. Maybe it was the person I spoke with. I don't know. It's better to speak with professionals and your family and friends.
>>
>>18050459
How long were you there for?
>>
>>18050571
I was in hospital for 4 days before being forcibly admitted to an actual psych hospital. I was there for 3 weeks and learned a lot. I miss being there. I left earlier than I was supposed to.
>>
>>18050581
3 weeks. damn.
This is why im afraid of calling if it comes to that. If i dont obviously then i might succeed in killing myself or severe injuring myself (my plan is to drive off of a bridge or crash into a tree at like 80mph, i think about doing it all the fucking time when im driving to school and work), but if i do then basically my whole life goes out the window anyway. Three weeks out of work, three weeks our of school. I would be fired, and i would likely have to repeat the semester, and then i would REALLY want to kill myself.
>>
>>18050603
Trust me anon, getting help is the best thing to do. Don't think of what you'll lose that you can replace (jobs, school work, etc.) you're going to gain your life. I was forced in but I'm really grateful for the experience.
>>
>>18050614
Has anyone ever given you shit for being dramatic? I am so afraid of that because my family tried to be understanding but its just not worth it to try and talk to them about it anymore unless its my mother.
>>
>>18050603
Don't do it anon. You'll feel like shit from the treatment they'll give you at the hospital. Just delete the saddening tunes on your pc and go walk an hour a day to help the dopamine flow.
Talk to your parents if they aren't shitlords. Talk to your friends. Heck, even talk to your teacher. Tell them your problems and difficulties. Or just try to kill yourself. But don't drive off a bridge or ram into a tree. Tie a rope around your neck and pull the knot with your bare hands. I've done it myself, and when the time comes, you'll decide wether you really want to dis. If you're gonna kill yourself, dont let amyone else or anything else interfere, be it by helping or stopping you. It's your life and you have to do it alone. No guns, no knives. No poison. Tie the rope around your throat so you feel your lifeforce leaving you. If any god exists above us, do this, so it'll know that you were brave and you had full control over the situation.

But remember, do this as a last resort. My life is shit to me, but I give it hope and stubbornness, so that I'll survive the day, then the week, and then the month.
>>
>>18050658
Yes. I've had an ex give me shit before. It fucking hurts. I've been diagnosed with recurrent major depression. The thing is, it's my life, my health, I'm my own advocate. If the people in your life want to give you shit for taking care of yourself, ignore it. You need to take care of you anon.
>>
>>18050665
I dont know if i have enough spine to go out that way.
>>18050674
I really appreciate your answers dude, really helps.
I just hope i have the courage to do it if i need to.
>>
>>18050684
Hey I'm happy to be able to encourage you man. You're not alone even if you feel like it. You've got the courage. You just don't know it yet. The fact you're willing to talk about it with people, even if we're anonymous. I hope you talk irl with people. If you ever want to have longer conversations about specific things you can contact me at [email protected]
>>
>>18049783
u forgot to mention they bring 10 cops in and a tranquilizer
>>
>>18050711
Yeah that only happens if the patient is uncooperative and a danger to themselves and the other patients around them.
>>
>>18050711
That only happens if you say over the phone you're holding a weapon or if someone else calls 911 because you've been raving about shooting yourself.
>>
I had to bring a friend to the ER psych ward twice. The first time she went voluntarily and was released in a few hours. The second time I was worried because she was suicidal and I called the police because I had trouble locating her. The police brought her into the ER with me as her partner and they kept her for 72 hour minimum hold. If they feel you are a threat to yourself, I believe they can place a psychiatric hold on your for 72 hours against your will.

I don't know what good it did her. It was able to get her connected with some outpatient resources and taught her a lesson about making suicidal threats.
>>
Don't do it. I have been arrested and thrown in a psych ward before and it's expensive as all fuck and arguably makes things much worse.

If you need help, reach out to a friend, family member, or suicide prevention hotline. Or talk to us. We're nice.
>>
>>18051012
Were nice yeah but we can't help him like they could.
>>
>>18051012
suicide prevention hotlines also will call police/paramedics on you if they think they cant help you and you will kill yourself soon

thats how those bastards locked me up, worst time of my life
>>
File: 1480974874556.png (126KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1480974874556.png
126KB, 402x398px
they lock you up, keep you against your will, and try to snake-charm you into stabilizing yourself on strong anti-psychotic medication

its literally a way for them to push a pill habit on exploitable people and run up your medical bill. the literal second you get off of the happy pills you'll want to commit suicide again

life sucks, but hiding from it sucks even more. there's a reason why depression exists, its so that you won't biologically ignore your problems

people have forgotten how to deal with life these days, baka
>>
>>18049770
Don't call the police when you're feeling suicidal, call a suicide hotline

Police and 911 have a terrible track record with the mentally ill
>>
>>18052085
Police are for busting criminals. If you're reporting a crime in progress (suicide) then that's how they'll handle it.

>I didn't want to be treated like a nail, but I called in the hammer anyway
>>
>>18052090
suicide is not a crime.
>>
>>18052504

It actually is in some states
>>
>>18049783
How much do you get paid, what kind of education/training do you have, and what type of personality traits must one have to be a successful EMT?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.