[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

problems with socializing with the other sex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: DSC-0239.jpg (14KB, 536x357px) Image search: [Google]
DSC-0239.jpg
14KB, 536x357px
So I have really hard time with asking girls I like out. I'm not exactly the worst of the bunch looks wise, probably at 6/10 and my body is nothing special. I have no really hard time with socializing, I have a tight group of friends and can navigate a social situation pretty easily. I'm pretty self-conscious when meeting new people and have a bad case of stage fright though.

The problem I'm looking advice for is that all that supposed semi-confidence goes out of the window when I think of asking a girl out. I ponder on it, spin it in my head sometimes for weeks, before either forgetting about it or in rare cases actually following through with it. Because of this I can't really just go in a bar and talk to a girl like most others seem to be able to.

I suspect this has something to do with my history. I was made a laughing stock for three years in my upper secondary, because I wrote a cringy admirer letter to one of the super popular girls. I was incessantly bullied for it until I got away from it in high school, but the baggage followed. I felt inadequate and that I don't deserve anyone. After all, who would want a naive, blue-eyed romantic who got raised up watching Disney movies?

I gathered up the courage once in high school to ask one girls out, but it ended in failure and rejection after a couple of dates, which subsequently made me quit trying altogether for some time. At this time my friends started getting girlfriends etc. which made me feel envious and angry at myself for being the way I was.

Only now in university have I forced myself to get used to the dating culture again, but because of my experiences I don't have any sexual experience, which makes me insecure too. I feel like I'd just fuck it up (no pun intended) if I ever get to play hide the sausage.

What do I do?

I don't have a good thread starting image so have a fluffy cat.
>>
I have a similar problem.
Starting a relationship is near impossible but maintaining one isn't that hard.
>>
Go to a therapist.
>>
I should probably clarify that I have no problems with talking to women. The problem raises its head once I have romantic or sexual interest at someone
>>
>>18047960
How do you cope with the anxiety at the start?
>>
I'll give this one last bump
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.